Chairmen accepting an offer W/Out your agreement

I wish there was a way that you could resign in protest specifically about a chairmen accepting an offer for a player when you haven't sanctioned the move, unless you count the chance it may come up at a press conference there doesn't seem to be a way to complain about this-the club doesn't even need the money.

I dont mind this happening, as it happens a lot IRL, but I do mind not being able to make a fuss about it in the game- am I missing a way of doing this- if not I would definitely like to see this changed to allow a manager to speak out, or resign in protest.

You're seriously want to talk about this in the press without going to the chairman?

Hehe fair point. There should be a professional way of handling it as well ;)

I'd like to at least be able to have a dialogue with the chairman about it, like telling him I need the player if he wants the team to get promoted, or maybe promising him to bring in the money through winning competitions or selling other players, if that's the reason he wants to push the sale through in the first place..

I just think its stupid sometimes. I'm in Middlesbrough, 17th season. I've had a young centre back whos 21 now and hes going to be the very best in the world it looks like. I just need to loan him out for one or two more seasons. Chelsea bid £5million for him, I said I'd sell him for £35million and they offered £16million which Steve Gibson accepted. Firstly, I've got a budget of £150million and over £250million in the bank. Why would he possibly accept the offer?

I'd definitely like to see the ability to release a media comment or such after this happens.

I'd like to see this feature binned, actually, like the stupid "chairman buys players for you" on FM2007 a while back. It's been shown that they simply can't do it properly and it's annoying loads of people who want to have full control over their team.

There is a way round it, if the chairman accepts an offer over your head, offer out the player in question for £0. Accept the billions of offers you get and hope he agrees terms with one of them instead, then cancel the deal.

I would prefer an option of FM10 to toggle on or off. If this isn't the case I wonder why setting via editor the chairman influence to 1 the idiot in charge keep on selling lot of gems, ignoring the setting.

I exclude it is an editor fault.

Archived