anybody ever seen players addicted to anything in FM?

I was reading about the FaceInTheGame debate a few days back but hadn't actually seen an example. Now I have seen an example; what an absoloute ridiculous inclusion in to what is otherwise a serious, realistic football game. Honestly, i don't think the people at SI thought this through before contaminating the game with such nonsense.

However, respect where respect is due....Nando's is highly addictive, but thats neither here nor there.

I was reading about the FaceInTheGame debate a few days back but hadn't actually seen an example. Now I have seen an example; what an absoloute ridiculous inclusion in to what is otherwise a serious, realistic football game. Honestly, i don't think the people at SI thought this through before contaminating the game with such nonsense.

However, respect where respect is due....Nando's is highly addictive, but thats neither here nor there.

I was going to post a long winded reply detailing how its a game and the face in the game players are simply there to fill in the numbers in smaller teams (ie. lowest scottish division etc...)

But then i saw your username and well... its completely accurate.

Congrats.

If its so realistic how come you gotta sit in a chair and use a pc to play it?

Are you trying to say that FM doesn't mirror real life to a certain degree?

In the sense that almost all of the entire content of the game is real. Hence the need for researchers who study real life players, clubs, leagues etc and then forward this into the game.

Even if editing in fake, over the top, player reports is enough to dissapoint one person then that is one person too many.

I was going to post a long winded reply detailing how its a game and the face in the game players are simply there to fill in the numbers in smaller teams (ie. lowest scottish division etc...)

But then i saw your username and well... its completely accurate.

Congrats.

I'm pretty sure that all the neccassary numbers could of been made up using generic reports and regens.

For your information, a faceinthegame player has a "balanced" personality anyway, so all it ultimatley does is change the wording in his coach report or scout report from "balanced" to "cluck cluck". If that really throws you off so much that you can't manage your team anymore on the game, you're probably under the suggested age range to play the game.

These guys spend a lot of time developing this game. I can't blame them for having a little fun. I've been playing this game for so long and yet I haven't managed to stumble into one of their profiles. When that time comes I personally can over look a sentence or two in a scout/coach report. Really if this annoys you in anyway then you need to loosen up.

Mind you, people with a healthy sense of humour live longer.

These guys spend a lot of time developing this game. I can't blame them for having a little fun. I've been playing this game for so long and yet I haven't managed to stumble into one of their profiles. When that time comes I personally can over look a sentence or two in a scout/coach report. Really if this annoys you in anyway then you need to loosen up.

Mind you, people with a healthy sense of humour live longer.

+1, I agree!

For your information, a faceinthegame player has a "balanced" personality anyway, so all it ultimatley does is change the wording in his coach report or scout report from "balanced" to "cluck cluck". If that really throws you off so much that you can't manage your team anymore on the game, you're probably under the suggested age range to play the game.

I am well aware that the stats will be the same as a normal regen but yes, if i scouted a player who had such rubbish in his report, i would steer well clear.

At which point did I say I wouldn't be able to manage my team anymore? Please quote me.

And, finally, to say I am below the suggested age range to play the game (which, according to the box, is 3+) unfortunatly makes you seem slightly juvenile.

Either way I am perfectly entitled to my opinion and I can honestly say I respect everyone elses who supports FaceInTheGame.

Archived