Stadium expansion with lewes, i know this has sort of been covered before.

Hello there,

i read all about clubs building new stadiums, and you need million upon millions in the bank, however, im in league 1 with lewis, 6 or so years into it and have maxed capitity @ 5000, 2500 seated.

Do you think my club would ever get loan/ rich man to build me a new stadium? similar to brightons new one?

Anyone been in this postition before? im not greedy, i just want at least a 10k stadium lol.

It's not a random occurance as theres probably certain criteria which must be met before new Stadium is on the cards.

The board will use the money from the sale of the old ground as part of the deal and occasionally they'll get a Bank loan to fund it.

I'm actually in the middle of trying to create a stadium by manipulating attendances, finances and chairman stats for Wigan Athletic. If i can get a stadium built, i'll let everyone know how ;)

It's not a random occurance as theres probably certain criteria which must be met before new Stadium is on the cards.

It's been widely discusse. One person gets a new stadium in 2012 with £200m in the bank, another in the same situation, doesn't get a stadium. Of course criteria must be achieved, but there's a random element.

It's been widely discusse. One person gets a new stadium in 2012 with £200m in the bank, another in the same situation, doesn't get a stadium. Of course criteria must be achieved, but there's a random element.

Well i disagree for the time being. You've just listed 1 aspect of a new stadium; the finances and because the 2 scenarios have differing finances, you've declared that there must a random element.

There will be many other criteria in the game which are hidden such as Min/Avg/Max attendances, Chairmans Ambition, Resources and Business attributes and perhaps even a hardcoded attribute for likely candidates for a stadium move that may play a part in moving to a new stadium.

Everyone said the same about Board Takeovers, that they were random. I've successfully created many Board Takeovers and so have others and they're not random at all, they are based on certain Chairman attributes which can be edited to make him listen to offers.

You've just listed 1 aspect of a new stadium; the finances and because the 2 scenarios have differing finances, you've declared that there must a random element.

Sorry, didn't realise I had to list every single component for you to grasp what I was actually saying.

Tell me, in each test were the criteria identical in value when the takeover/stadium expansion occurred?

Sorry, didn't realise I had to list every single component for you to grasp what I was actually saying.

Tell me, in each test were the criteria identical in value when the takeover/stadium expansion occurred?

Theres no need to grasp what you're saying because you have no solid basis behind what you say, so i'm taking what you say with a pinch of salt. Just because something isn't immediately obvious, doesn't make it a random occurance.

I haven't had the chance to investigate Stadium builds yet and to my knowledge nobody else has. But you're confident enough to be claiming "random elements".

From investigating Feeder Clubs, specifically Commercial Clubs and their impacts (see my numerous in-depth threads) and examining Board Takeovers in detail, i've found that very little in FM is down to "random elements".

So you haven't had the chance to investigate, yet there's no basis for what i'm saying :D Genius. Another one bites the ignore button dust.

Re-read what you're posting please. You have stated that there is a random factor that determines a stadium move. You have no evidence and cannot explain it.

I'm stating that i believe there is more to this than meets the eye and that it's unlikely to be a random occurance and that i want to investigate it further.

Who's embarassing themselves now?

well i have 3m... ever known the board to get a loan though?

Yes, my board (solihull moors) took out a £15m loan to build our new stadium in July 2016. Took a year to build and had a capacity of 11 605. At the time, i had just won promotion to the championship.

edit: forgot to add, its a slightly different case for Solihull moors though, as they dont own their own ground...

Yes, my board (solihull moors) took out a £15m loan to build our new stadium in July 2016. Took a year to build and had a capacity of 11 605. At the time, i had just won promotion to the championship.

edit: forgot to add, its a slightly different case for Solihull moors though, as they dont own their own ground...

My Solihull Moors board took a 9.5m loan and built 14.25k stadium. I'd suggest you to examine the contract with the building company, they surely screwed you up.

I remember in my Hampton & Richmond save after my second season in League 1 the board took out a loan for a new 10 thousand seater stadium which financially ruined me! I could not afford the repayments because I wasn't generating enough money. Which forced me to sell my best players, and I got relegated and then sacked.

So not all good comes out of building a new stadium!!!

Archived