Suggestion for Manager's personal profile

Something I feel that should have been added yonks ago, pretty simple, yet nice feature to have.

So, we can choose our favourite club, our date of birth and all that - yet, what about PLACE of birth? For example, the vast majority of places (UK anyway) are in the database, longitude, lattitude, weather, location (north east england etc), attractiveness and all that lot - surely there'd be a way to code it so you could choose your place of birth? Just like other managers and players have on their personal profiles.

For example, myself;

P.O.B - Harrogate

Favoured Clubs: Leeds

You get the gist.

It would have to be limited to a set number of individuals, and how often you could change it though. Otherwise add all the managers at the top to your favoured personnel, butter them up a bit in the media and it helps you sign players on loan etc at the lower levels. I would like it to be in though, it would be a helpful feature.

:thup::thup: from me as well.

It seems crazy that the AI can list you (or anyone it chooses) as favoured personnel, yet you can't reciprocate. Even if you couldn't choose them yourself but they were automatically added as a result of your interaction it would be an improvement.

And the p.o.b again seems a logical move given that it shows it for players

Even if you couldn't choose them yourself but they were automatically added as a result of your interaction it would be an improvement.

It's quite easy to build Favoured/Disliked managers or players, Use the Positive Comment options for favoured status building, and negative for disliked status. The rating's will be there, you just can't view them with the ingame tools.

It's quite easy to build Favoured/Disliked managers or players, Use the Positive Comment options for favoured status building, and negative for disliked status. The rating's will be there, you just can't view them with the ingame tools.

Thats what i mean. It's not so much that relationships can't be made, it's that they're not shown on your profile as they are for the AI

I would like to see this taken further, so that the game creates a career history for us.

At the moment we can choose which type of player we were, but it would be good if the game could then, based on our age, create a history, which would then also influence how the game reacts to us.

Example(s).

I click on professional player and the game ceates my career as a midfielder who played for six years for Leeds before moving to Man U, playing my career out there until the age of 34 before retiring. This would obviously affect my standing with the fans if I then started a game as manager of Leeds.

Alternatively, my career could have been ended early by injury, and I was given the chance to coach the youth team, before deciding to take a job as a manager of a lower league team.

Or I was a loyal servant and stayed at one club throughout my career, given me hero status if I were to return as manager.

Generally speaking, the clubs and managers I played for should also influence the relationship to the clubs and managers when loaning players, e.g. Roy Keane, who was able to loan a couple of decent young players from Man U when he took over at Sunderland.

The permutations are endless, but the question is whether the whole thing would be too much of a cosmetic addition. Thoughts?

I would like to see this taken further, so that the game creates a career history for us.

At the moment we can choose which type of player we were, but it would be good if the game could then, based on our age, create a history, which would then also influence how the game reacts to us.

Example(s).

I click on professional player and the game ceates my career as a midfielder who played for six years for Leeds before moving to Man U, playing my career out there until the age of 34 before retiring. This would obviously affect my standing with the fans if I then started a game as manager of Leeds.

Alternatively, my career could have been ended early by injury, and I was given the chance to coach the youth team, before deciding to take a job as a manager of a lower league team.

Or I was a loyal servant and stayed at one club throughout my career, given me hero status if I were to return as manager.

Generally speaking, the clubs and managers I played for should also influence the relationship to the clubs and managers when loaning players, e.g. Roy Keane, who was able to loan a couple of decent young players from Man U when he took over at Sunderland.

The permutations are endless, but the question is whether the whole thing would be too much of a cosmetic addition. Thoughts?

fantastic idea, but may be a bit difficult to code

Unfortunately, I have no idea what it takes to code a game like this.

neither do I, but it just sounds like there's a lot of variables involved in that.

Having said that, a match engine has an unthinkable amount, so it may not be that difficult

Archived