How things have changed.

After reading through another thread about past incarnations of FM/CM, I decided to load up CM4 (the earliest game I still own). After installing the game I decided to click on 'select recommended' for the amount of leagues I should run and was amazed to show it highlight every single nation and division. I remember when I first bought the game and I clicked the same button and it highlighted only England.

I think I'm going to enjoy a trip down memory lane today.

This thread brings back good memories.

I once had a game with a friend of mine in CM 2003/2004... 6 seasons, I was with Barcelona and he was managing Chelsea. We didn't knew much about controlling the finances. He had loads of money (he once bought Gronkjaer for £26 one week after he signed for Deportivo on a free transfer!) while I had to spend a bit less (highest transfer - £25 for Ronaldinho). Despite the high spending, we won our respective leagues 4 or 5 times and one Champions League to each of us, playing against each other in both finals!:)

He ended up broke and I was walking towards it as well. Below, our teams (i'll try to remember them).

Chelsea - Cudicini, Lucio, Terry, (RB and LB :(), Lampard, Makelele, Gronkjaer, Robben, Carlton Cole, (Kakalov and another FC)

Barcelona - Bonano, Puyol, Titus Bramble, Sylvinho, (a RB), Xavi, Ronaldinho, Pennant, (an AML I guess it was Joaquin), Kluivert, Anatoli Todorov, Saviola

Ah.. good times!

This thread brings back good memories.

I once had a game with a friend of mine in CM 2003/2004... 6 seasons, I was with Barcelona and he was managing Chelsea. We didn't knew much about controlling the finances. He had loads of money (he once bought Gronkjaer for £26 one week after he signed for Deportivo on a free transfer!) while I had to spend a bit less (highest transfer - £25 for Ronaldinho). Despite the high spending, we won our respective leagues 4 or 5 times and one Champions League to each of us, playing against each other in both finals!:)

He ended up broke and I was walking towards it as well. Below, our teams (i'll try to remember them).

Chelsea - Cudicini, Lucio, Terry, (RB and LB :(), Lampard, Makelele, Gronkjaer, Robben, Carlton Cole, (Kakalov and another FC)

Barcelona - Bonano, Puyol, Titus Bramble, Sylvinho, (a RB), Xavi, Ronaldinho, Pennant, (an AML I guess it was Joaquin), Kluivert, Anatoli Todorov, Saviola

What a player Todorov was. Sign him off Litex for 1.2 million and he would score 30 plus goals a season. Thinking about past games is actually an tear wrenching, emotional moment for me:D

Ah.. good times!

What a player Todorov was. Sign him off Litex for 1.2 million and he would score 30 plus goals a season. Thinking about past games is actually an tear wrenching, emotional moment for me:D

Anybody played 'World Football Manager' ? That was my first football management game. :)

After playing it for two and half years, I bought CM4. That was my first contact with SI. After wards I had Total Club Manager 2003. Not every games were released in my country that time. I played TCM2003 for more than 3 years till that disc broke one day. Then I have got my hands on Football Manager series again and never looked back.

I remember having a great save with Barnet on CM4, getting them to the Premiership in 6 seasons. I had 4 or 5 players stay throughout that game as well.

I remember signing Alpay on CM03/04 at Leicester and him scoring a winning goal at Chelsea in the first season. Still remains one of my favourite matches on any management game.

This is going to show my age but hey ho.....I had a save on Championship manager '93 where I was the manger of Colchester. After reaching the premier league we won it for 6 consecutive years. The best part though was having Chris Waddle and John Barnes running relentles up and down the wings surplying crosses.

Infact I still have Champ 93 and if you download a tool called dosbox it runs a treat.

Aah the days of dodgy midi opening tunes and a single pixelated background.

Archived