International Managment

International management is only good fun in the short term. I've never had an enjoyable lasting save, the amount of holidaying and lack of inclusion seriously damages any chance of a career save imo.

I think that's why you are allowed to manage them at the same time as a club, even if unrealistic

I'm currently enjoying the World Cup with France (long story...) on my current save while doing a career game. Else I would have never moved on to international management.

I managed many international teams in my long career. Some for over 10 years. My brother has managed the same international team for about 20 years.

It can be fun.

I just want a better way to call up players though. I don't know how, I would just like it better.

Uh, really? Could I have an example, please? I've never heard of it...

The game cannot be 100% realistic. For example, one of the essential unrealistic elements is the possiblity of our being able to get a job at football clubs. Likewise, being able to manage both a club and an international team at the same time is to make the game more friendly to people who like international management. So even if there are no such examples in real world, manage both teams is plausible and reasonable in the GAME anyway.

kevin_chn, there's no need to justify the unrealistic aspect of managing both club and country as it is perfectly realistic. Examples given in my previous post.

But I suspect not all serious teams would allow their long-term manger to have another part-time job.

The game cannot be 100% realistic. For example, one of the essential unrealistic elements is the possiblity of our being able to get a job at football clubs. Likewise, being able to manage both a club and an international team at the same time is to make the game more friendly to people who like international management. So even if there are no such examples in real world, manage both teams is plausible and reasonable in the GAME anyway.

Yeah, exactly my point. I was saying it was unrealistic but good in game terms... ^^;

Yeah, exactly my point. I was saying it was unrealistic but good in game terms... ^^;

No, your point was that it was unrealistic because it didn't happen irl, hence the

Uh, really? Could I have an example, please? I've never heard of it...

comment. You've also ignored both of my posts, which a) prove your initial assertion wrong and b) prove the theory that big clubs wouldn't do it, wrong.

I think it is unrealistic because there is nothing to stop you from managing both. IRL, this would be discussed and it would come down to the individual nations/managers involved. In the game, there is no thought as to whether or not it would hinder the club and/or nation.

I think you're allowed to manage both every time because international management is too boring to do on it's own.

I think it is unrealistic because there is nothing to stop you from managing both. IRL, this would be discussed and it would come down to the individual nations/managers involved. In the game, there is no thought as to whether or not it would hinder the club and/or nation.

I think you're allowed to manage both every time because international management is too boring to do on it's own.

Tbf that's no more unrealistic than starting a game with Sunday League reputation and taking over a top club.

Is it not realistic to assume that the board and club have discussed the appointment, in much the same way as it's realistic to assume that a board has discussed a regular appointment, evenn though it isn't represented in the game?

Tbf that's no more unrealistic than starting a game with Sunday League reputation and taking over a top club.

I agree. This is one of the occasions where fun is more important than realism.

Is it not realistic to assume that the board and club have discussed the appointment, in much the same way as it's realistic to assume that a board has discussed a regular appointment, evenn though it isn't represented in the game?

Perhaps. Thing is though, it is very unlikely that a big nation with high expectations would have a manager who has two jobs. Not impossible, but unlikely. I like the fact you can do both though without question.

There's no rule by club or football association saying you can't manage a club and an international team if you choose.

It's like having 2 jobs basically. You can have as many jobs as you like in this world. You could work in the supermarket at night, and in an office by day and then work weekends at a butchers if you like. As long as your job performance doesn't slack.

Same with football managers, ok they're not allowed to manage 2 club teams due to FIFA bylaws, but there's no legislation that says you can't manage an international team and a club.

It would be a violation of the persons rights if they were not allowed to do both jobs at the same time. As long as the international management doesn't affect the runnings of the club and vice versa there's little an employer can do to stop you.

Archived