Suggestion - Manager Advice (Transfers)

A simple example; I have a 25 year old winger, i'm one of his favoured personnel, but unfortunately he doesn't feature in my long term plans so I have decided to let him go. A host of clubs made a bid, some better than others and I think it would be a nice feature if I could recommend one of the clubs to him. A club that I think will do him some good, I still like him so I don't want to see him move to a club where I don't think he will feature and will end up on the bench.

Joe Bloggs has offers from Lazio, Valencia and Leverkusen, but he wants your advice before he makes his decision.

You have recommended Leverkusen.

Supposedly SAF recommended Everton and David Moyes to Phil Neville and because of Neville's respect for Fergie he took that advice. I think it would be a nice feature when selling on players that you actually like and want to see succeed, even if it's not with your team.

I like the idea, are you suggesting it only happens when you are on the players favoured personnel list. I suspect it'd get annoying if every player wanted your opinion.

Definitely, don't want it happening for any player, as you say; it would get boring and annoying.

If you only want him to go to Leverkusen, only accept the Leverkusen offer tbh

This is how Leeds have just done the Delph deal, by only accepting the Villa deal, they sent him to the club that they considered would be in his best interests, among other reasons.

This is how Leeds have just done the Delph deal, by only accepting the Villa deal, they sent him to the club that they considered would be in his best interests, among other reasons.

Forget that. I accept the bids from clubs offering the most money (but I would still reject them if that club is a close competitor in the same league as me, and if the player would be playing for them regularly)

I just cycle through the offers viewing the most amount of money offered.

I then accept that bit and reject lower offers.

A player should go to whatever team they will get first team football. That part of the deal has nothing to do with the manager selling the player, but it's between the player and their new manager as to how regularly they will play.

So I don't see the point in telling a player they should go to Leverkusen, because they may only be being bought for cover or something.

If you're selling the player he's surplus to requirements. He won't be in your team any longer and it's not really any of your concern who he plays for afterward or if they get a regular game. All you're interested in is getting the cash for a quality player that served you well.

An alternative to this would be a dialogue with the player leaving and signing for a new club.

You could say

Thanks for his contribution he'll be sorely missed

Wish him the best of luck in his new chapter of his career

things like the above

or just say good riddance and you hope you never have to talk to him again.

A player should go to whatever team they will get first team football. That part of the deal has nothing to do with the manager selling the player, but it's between the player and their new manager as to how regularly they will play.

So I don't see the point in telling a player they should go to Leverkusen, because they may only be being bought for cover or something.

The point is clearly defined in the opening post. As a manager you will assess the situation and give them advice, whether that emans they'll get less games or not is by the by, it's a feature for inclusion and favoured personnel. As I said, it's clearly explained in the OP tbh.

Archived