Every season 60% of my squad wants to move on, Why?

As the title says, it surely can't be right. Every season i've played since I started in BSN to the prem my players have been unsettled and/or constantly targetted by bigger clubs making them feel they want to leave, they haven't even been at my club for more then 6months before most of them want to move on! It's really frustrating trying to build a side to win the prem when everytime you find a half decent player you have to sell otherwise you will lose them on a free anyway. I really don't know what I can do.

I mean, in the pre-season currently my entire squad is wanted in some way or another, they get frustrated by me not letting them leave, It just seems god-damn unrealistic and frankly stupid.

Rant over I guess, but 1 player out of 18, sure but not 16 :mad:

Plus, half the time they aren't even star players, I had many a goalkeeper from league 1 to the championship go to prem teams and they didnt need them? :???

I used to suffer from it, but don't so much anymore now I'm a 'big' club. The most sensible thing to do, is to sign players to 4/5 year contracts where possible, it gives you leverage then. If a player still has 2-4 years left on his contract, unless your chairman accepts a bid you don't have to sell yet, and they may get over wanting to move. Eventually they tend to get over it and be happy playing for you.

Your club reputation is so low that the players want to move onto bigger things. If they have low loyalty and high ambition hidden attributes, this will compound the problem even more. A highly ambitious squad won't be content playing for a smaller club when someone bigger comes knocking and they'll want to jump ship.

Look at offering some of the bigger players better contracts to keep their minds on your club. As your club reputation grows (you can see it under Information > Reputation) the players will look to stay.

I have just taken over at Man Utd in 2020 and have the same problem. One of my stars is wanting out, everyone in Europe wants him and he still has a year left on his contract. Sell him now for good money or get another good year out of him and possibly see him leave on a free is my decision.

I also have a great striker who I signed in pre season and in the January window he wants out, even though we are doing great - he shouldn't be kept against his will - he keeps bleating! It is ridiculous that one of my better players would be pleased to play for Cardiff and doesn't want a new contract with me when we are going places!

It is bloody annoying to have 5 or 6 requests for your players each week. I turned down loads of offers for my star defender only for Avram Glazier to sell him to Juve for 35M a week after I got him to sign a new deal! 650K sign-on fee wasted! And I only got 15% of the money to spend!

SI should do something about this, when you say Hands Off, it should mean Hands Off unless you have mega bucks!

1. Set the asking price of any player you don't want to sell to £50m. This way, no one will ever bid for them.

2. If a club declares an interest, NEVER issue a hands-off warning - often players will get upset that you're "forcing them to stay at the club against their will." Just don't respond to speculation.

3. Five-year contracts are helpful (as has been said) and if you offer a player a new contract when he's in the midst of transfer rumours, you can prevent them from becoming unhappy, or at least delay it.

4. Sometimes you've just got to let players be moody for a while - they usually come around mid-season, at which point you can sign them to a new five-year contract.

It's probably because you're signing the kind of players that one normally wouldn't expect to find at a club of yours' stature.

It can get pretty unrealistic, no doubt, but if you remember the Bayer Leverkusen team that got to the Champion's League final, it got completely dismantled soon after. Same for Mourinho's Porto team (though it was mainly him doing the pillaging). And the Zenit team looks like it could well be picked clean this summer. Big clubs are a big draw - and you don't see many cases of players turning down a move to a bigger team.

You speak wisely Dekker, I found with my player, David Noel, that the teams stopped coming in for him after the transfer window, wacked him up to 20M, offered him around and no takers. Dropped it to 15M and did the same again - still no takers, he then signed a new 3 year contract. I thought he would be over 30 by then so time he went anyway. Now, come the end of the season, he wants out again!!!!

I have just signed a Spanish wonderkid and a Mexican superstar to replace him so he can go to the first bidder!

Swine!!

There should be some options other then telling them to stay, promise them promotion, winning the league or a cup. It's really frustrating when they leave to ''Bigger clubs'' that in reality only have a higher reputation then you, yet are playing at a lower level. Bit of a ****er

Weird. I was about to start a thread with same question. Getting approached publicly for newly signed players after 5 months of a 4 or 5 year contract is shocking. Can you imagine if that happened in real life? Managers would be at each other's throats. IRL, aren't there rules about publically approaching for another team's player? Wouldn't the FA come down on them with a fine or something?

I'm fine being at a "smaller" club in EPL, but when I manage to sign a great player, it would be nice if he is content to play out at least one or two seasons before looking elsewhere. Take the Wigan example of a stepping stone. Sign at club, play a few seasons, cash in. 4 of my 5 best players are being approached for as I enter the January transfer window after just signing in July. All are now angry with me, we've dropped from 1st to 10th in table since they started sniffing around my players, and it has sucked the fun out of this game.

I'm dundee united, and have won the last 5 league and cup doubles, the uefa cup and got far in the champs league.

I have the same problem now, my game is almost unplayable, cos ALL of my players, even those who are not starters, are wanted by other teams in england etc etc, and are angry that i wont let them go.

For a few seasons i kept my stars against their will, then i got fed up and sold everyone who wanted to go, which meant almost everyone.

I spent a long time scouting and signing a whole new, young hungry squad with the cash, and we were settling in nicely.

Come January, they all want to leave. I gave up on that save, it became unplayable.

i find this, im a big club, have won the premiership many times and champs league, am currently top of the league but my left back things he needs a new challenge and i dont get why, why does he want to leave the best club in the world :(

i find this, im a big club, have won the premiership many times and champs league, am currently top of the league but my left back things he needs a new challenge and i dont get why, why does he want to leave the best club in the world :(

Ask Cristiano Ronaldo, it does happen.

Your club reputation obviously did not rise as quickly as the sporing side of things. Thus players deem themselves to be at a small club (just image irl a BSP team would march into the EPL now - would you regard them to be a big club?).

At least it leaves some kind of a challenge. I miss being unable to keep players as it was in the CM2 times. Now you can pretty much always keep everyone and build on what you have. Unrealistic.

This is one of the most annoying things about the game for me. I'm playing in the American league (stop the laughing, please, heh) and I'm currently in first place, yet I have players who want to move to bigger clubs, despite me doing so well. I have one troublesome player who asks to be transferred every other game practically. I agree to it, then a game or two later he decides to stay, only to repeat the process later over and over.

It is ridiculous that one of my better players would be pleased to play for Cardiff and doesn't want a new contract with me when we are going places!

It is bloody annoying to have 5 or 6 requests for your players each week. I turned down loads of offers for my star defender only for Avram Glazier to sell him to Juve for 35M a week after I got him to sign a new deal! 650K sign-on fee wasted! And I only got 15% of the money to spend!

SI should do something about this, when you say Hands Off, it should mean Hands Off unless you have mega bucks!

Right...

So your best players is only good enough for Cardiff, and you are "going places"... United had fallen, I take it?

And only given 15%? I'm guessing they are in pretty hefty debt then? Any club that'll only give out 15% of transfer funds received is in poor financial health, and as such 35m is an absolute fortune. From the sounds of it, that may have been enough to keep the receivers from the door for another year or two! And 650k wasted? More like 34.35m gained.

Right...

So your best players is only good enough for Cardiff, and you are "going places"... United had fallen, I take it?

And only given 15%? I'm guessing they are in pretty hefty debt then? Any club that'll only give out 15% of transfer funds received is in poor financial health, and as such 35m is an absolute fortune. From the sounds of it, that may have been enough to keep the receivers from the door for another year or two! And 650k wasted? More like 34.35m gained.

They were 11th at the end of the previous season. As with all big clubs when you take over, they give you a huge transfer budget for the first season, which they can ill afford. Why would you, as skipper, want to leave Man Utd - 90K fans per game to go to Cardiff, yo-yoing from the EPL when you are in your prime?

It isn't realistic, which is a shame when so much of the game is.

Archived