I'm sorry, but this is just plain annoying.

So many times on FM I've had missed penalties, on a about 10 different occasions Ive had 3 missed penalties in a single game. One time 2 of them in the space of 2 mins (88th and 89th min both missed)

But THIS is plain ridiculus:

penl.jpg

Before you ask, YES, these were 2 separate incidents. The pen was taken, missed then Adebayor got fouled stepped up and missed again.:mad:

Has anyone else had this?

This happens in football. Just have to deal with it.

If i remember correctly something like this happen in a game between Bolton and Blackburn few years ago. Someone back me up with any details?

Edit: I was right. Blackburn missed a pen, play continued for a few mins and then they were awarded another pen, at which point Nolan went mental!!!

take a look. It does happen IRL.

This happens in football. Just have to deal with it.

If i remember correctly something like this happen in a game between Bolton and Blackburn few years ago. Someone back me up with any details?

Edit: I was right. Blackburn missed a pen, play continued for a few mins and then they were awarded another pen, at which point Nolan went mental!!!

take a look. It does happen IRL.

its the fact that both were missed and Ive had situations like this so many times that gets me annoyed

The frequency of such an event would annoy me too but suppose its part of the game of football. Spare a thought for that team last season (cant remember who but i think it was League 1) whose keeper saved the same penalty TWICE only for the ref to keep awarding a retake and eventually the other team scored with the third effort.

:D

Yep, exactly the same thing has happened to me as well before. It was the same and the same player who missed conincidentaly. I got awarded one penalty and Ade stepped up to take it. The keeper saved it, the ball ran loose, Walcott was first to it and got tripped as he tried to control it. Another penalty, Ade again stepped up and again it got saved!

Never let him take penalties for me on that save again!! :mad:

It's not as annoying as losing game on penalties in which Lampard, Ballack and Fleck (all 17-19 for pens) put them wide, over and straight at the keeper respectively) while Brown, O'Shea and Giggs score...

I've noticed on FM that if a player has missed 1 penalty in a match he'll miss again if you get another penalty in the same match. I've only seen that rule broken once since FM2005.

I don't mind my players missing penalties, but I feel that my players miss them more than the computer does against me. And I use my best penalty taker so they should be roughly even

Archived