Spannish Season End date too late

Why is the Spannish end of Season so late in the summer? The date is the 10 July whle the EPL date is the 24 June. Both leagues finish around the same time at the end of may.

The late date causes problems with the transfers. The EPL get their transfer budgets 2 weeks before the Spannish. By the time the Spannish get their budget alot of the top players are already sold.

For that matter, why is the English end-date so late?

For most clubs, setting next year's budget(s) right after the last game of the season would make sense, so we could have most of May and all of June to work on July 1st transfers and on contract renewals, etc.

Teams which still had matches (playoffs, Cup finals with possible European implications) might set their budgets to their current level, with the boards releasing more funds if the club made a quantum leap in expected next-year revenue thanks to a May result.

Instead, there's typically a six-week lag between the end of the season and the next useful piece of information.

There is one problem though with setting budgets straight after the season ends. Fans are offered early booking bonuses for getting their season tickets early, for the reason that the clubs can set a more accurate budget within a reasonable time. If you don't know your season ticket sales, then you can't really set a budget. I'm not sure if FM works it out that way but you could have a 'estimated budget' which could go up or down depending on sales of season tickets etc.

The end of the season seems to depend on the last game of the season in all competitions. England is later this year than last year because the FA Cup final was pushed back a week. In Spain the second league runs quite a bit longer than most leagues. The same problem seems to happen in Romania.

I hope they change this for FM10. The transfer budgets should be set much sooner after the end of the fixtures.

IRL Kaka and Ronaldo were was bought in early June.

Yes, I hope so too!

There is also other things to consider such as sponsorship deals and tv revenue. I presume the game waits for this money to come in as it is alot easier to give budgets based on money received rather than guessing what they will have. I guess, as Neji said, estimated budgets could solve this situation.

Archived