Strikers bring back the 20+ a season

Is it me or is it very very hard to get two strikers working in tandem together and scoring goals. The settings for strikers is something ive had real difficulties with. An example: Im tottenham, ideally i would like to play keane and defoe up top and make it work. I believe two little guys can play together with my tactics however i'm totally stuck on how to get defoe firing. then if i have pavlyuchenko or bent slotting in on rotation they even get low ratings eg 6.7. I guess what im asking is if anyone else finds striker instructions tough and how theyve combatted it?

It is harder than it was on FM08 but not impossible far into the future the game might be easier but my Sunderland striker force scored over 80 goals between them. I think although its hard its also mroe realistic as there not that many players in the prem scoring over 20 goals a season really.

Try lowering the creative freedom and closing down of one striker to keep him in the box a bit more.

I haven't played 2 up front since 06, when I had Hoas and Vitti up front (6' 8" and 5' 7"). I find it's too hard to play two of the same kind of striker. Btw, playing Keane and Defoe? Surely you should have Keane dropping to pick up the play and Defoe as the main finisher?

I haven't played 2 up front since 06, when I had Hoas and Vitti up front (6' 8" and 5' 7"). I find it's too hard to play two of the same kind of striker. Btw, playing Keane and Defoe? Surely you should have Keane dropping to pick up the play and Defoe as the main finisher?

I find it harder playing with one up front tbh. Keep one a lower mentality (lower than your attacking midfielders/wingers) with hold up ball on and it works out rather nicely for me

im currently playing 2 upfront with AC Milan in 2018/19 season and for the last few seasons at least one of them has scored 20+

both are regens and 'world class strikers' Cobo and Cano, Cobo being the better. im currently in feb and Cobo has 15 league goals and Cano has 13 League Goals

cobohist.jpg

canohist.jpg

ok Cano hasn't scored over 20 yet but considering how many Cobo scores that's not a problem lol

The screenshots are the same...

But i found it easier when you have one fast striker and one strong aerial striker. With Empoli in Serie B i had Saudati and Pozzi up front and Saudati got second highest scorer in the league with just over twenty and Pozzi had a bout 18 for the season and was the 4th highest striker in the league on goals.

But i found it easier when you have one fast striker and one strong aerial striker. With Empoli in Serie B i had Saudati and Pozzi up front and Saudati got second highest scorer in the league with just over twenty and Pozzi had a bout 18 for the season and was the 4th highest striker in the league on goals.

They're not the same.

Cano and Cobo... Sounds like a detective show! :thup:

They're not the same.

Cano and Cobo... Sounds like a detective show! :thup:

cool isn't it lol, and they are both spanish, like most of the good regens in my game.

i did find it hard to get a 20+ goal striker from the start but then along came Torres and he tutored these 2 guys, he's now 34 and only gets a few games now but he's a Milan legend lol

Woo! :D :D

outandout.jpg

creative.jpg

Those are the instructions I use the top one is the out and out striker who I want to stay in and around the box all game. For the past two season he has scored 40 in 56 games and 46 in 58 games. The creative striker has been injured a bit. In past 2 season he has scored 20 in 26 and 37 in 40. Other creative strikers that take his place when he is injured usually score more than one every other game.

chrisrileyhist.jpg

Riley is good in the air and can finish aswell he gets assists due to his strength in holding the ball up.

outandout.jpg

creative.jpg

Those are the instructions I use the top one is the out and out striker who I want to stay in and around the box all game. For the past two season he has scored 40 in 56 games and 46 in 58 games. The creative striker has been injured a bit. In past 2 season he has scored 20 in 26 and 37 in 40. Other creative strikers that take his place when he is injured usually score more than one every other game.

chrisrileyhist.jpg

Riley is good in the air and can finish aswell he gets assists due to his strength in holding the ball up.

Cool, might try that with Cobo and see what happens because he's already a good goalscorer, might get bags more

Regen is the old term for the players that come into the game and replace the real players, I think every time a player retired on the older games they were replaced by another regenerated player. Now they should be called Newgens as they dont replace retiring players they are newly generated players.

I think thats right anyway.

Regen is the old term for the players that come into the game and replace the real players, I think every time a player retired on the older games they were replaced by another regenerated player. Now they should be called Newgens as they dont replace retiring players they are newly generated players.

I keep forgetting that but everyone knows what we mean when we say regen :-)

regens are basically what the new youth players used to be called, when a player retired in the game a new youth player would be generated that was similar to them, i.e. same nationality, position, e.t.c. Hence the name regen.

Now they're called newgens because instead of replicating retired players the new youth players generated by the game are unique, but people still often use the word regen to describe them.

you beat me to it!

I keep forgetting that but everyone knows what we mean when we say regen :-)

Regen has become the known term for them now i think lol.

you beat me to it!

Thats because I am bored recovering from a hangover and have nothing to do lol.

waltery.jpg

This is the creative striker or one of them anyway, he is god in the air so can easily be used in Rileys role upfront. You will have to PM me if you try the instructions would be interesting to see how you get on with them, I have a tactic in the tactics forum but it doesnt get many downloads as its mostly for big teams. You could post in there to let me know how they get on.

waltery.jpg

This is the creative striker or one of them anyway, he is god in the air so can easily be used in Rileys role upfront. You will have to PM me if you try the instructions would be interesting to see how you get on with them, I have a tactic in the tactics forum but it doesnt get many downloads as its mostly for big teams. You could post in there to let me know how they get on.

does the tactic you speak of use those intructions?

if it does could you direct me to it and i'll download it and try it out on my milan team and let you know how im doing

thanks

Hi, first game played with your tactic:

AC Milan 3 - 0 Atalanta

Goals from mc (Diego)

AMR (Lee joo-Ho)

ST (Cano)

Good result although both my star strikers Cobo and Cano were injured but im sure thats just the dirty opposition and not the tactics lol

Also posted this in the thread for your tactic

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=116266

Use the download on the last post not the first. Let me know how you get on.

First match with this:

Vitesse 2-3 TOP Oss => Good result, Vitesse won the league last season.

Second match:

TOP Oss 0-2 NAC Breda => Crap result, though NAC are doing well in the league this year, they're in 5th currently. We're 13th now... And my squad's harmony is pretty awful :(

Yeah, the harmony in my team is messing up things a lot I'm affraid. I signed a few players last summer, but after that I got some unresistable bids for my older players so I sold them and signed more players to take their positions, resulting in nearly an entirely new squad :p Of my first 11 I suppose just 2 or 3 were in there before the summer...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=116266

Use the download on the last post not the first. Let me know how you get on.

Strange its usually solid at home and bad away. My squad are gelled and have high harmony could help with any tactic really.

ive had about 6 games with this tactic and won them all, but my last result was a bit dissapointing despite the win

Ascoli 0 - AC Milan 1

aprt from that ive been winning by 3 clear goals

On my current game, Adebayor has scored 23 goals so far in the first season. I wouldn't mind that, apart from the fact that I'm in early December!

BTW I'm playing as Manchester United, and Adebayor is still playing for Arsenal.

Archived