Attacking 4-4-2 with AMR and AML (Strikers score lots)

I am developing a 4-4-2 with wingers at AMR and AML. So far in the league I have played 27 won 22 drawn 3 and lost 2 scored 65 and let in 15. It might be a crap tactic as I am in 2018 and have a good squad I am still in all the cups and the 2 loses were both 1-0 away from home.

It requires a decent playmaker and an all round striker my targetman type striker has 34 in 38 and my creative forward has 23 in 26. I dont want to upload it incase no one is interested, so thought I would ask if anyone wants to download it and help me improve it.

I use a team mentality for the FBs, Wingers, playmaker CM and one striker. The targetman is set to 3 notches higher the CBs have a more defensive setting and the defensive CM is 3 notches lower than the team.

Like I said it could be rubbish so I thought I would come on here and ask if anyone is willing to help me improve it and test it out a bit.

Had alot of succes as Sunderland and a few people have had decent results with other teams if you want to give it a go then here is the link. I should warn people that this tactic was developed with a wrold class team so will probably only work for teams that have very good players.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzmtemazwym/4-4-2

http://rapidshare.com/files/217035585/4-4-2_Sunderland_Attack.tac.html

You can have ago for a few games and let me know how it does if you want. What team are you?

If you use it the playmaker should be the left CM without the barrow and the striker on the right should be an allrounder with good heading and the left striker should be a good creative player.

Cheers, I am not too confident about it working for other peoples games but some feedback would be nice even if it negative. The tactic works really well for my team so thats what matters really, just thought I would see if anyone can help me improve it its really strong at home for me but away sometimes its a bit dodgy.

I took over FC Koln in season 2 and used a tactic from my first job with 1860 Munich, and managed to just avoid relegation. In season 3, I developed a 4-2-4 (or 442 with AML/AMR if you want) and bought a few players to replace the 'unhappy' and lesser players.

In defence I played a flat back 4, with the DR/DL set with a slightly higher attacking mentality (normal), more direct passing and forward runs to high. Centre backs were about 4 and 7 for mentality and both with little creative freedom, shorter passing and man marking.

The middle two are set to mostly medium mentality and one slightly more defensive. Everything else is mixed and straight down the middle.

On the left side, I lined the "attacking" MC along with the left FC who has a backward arrow, and made the team instructions focus passing to down left flank. That way they can make good moves down the left flank and get the support from midfield for the other FC who is used as an out and out striker.

Also, I paid close attention to setting up every set piece so it's balanced for defence/attack and the correct players are assigned the correct tasks (ie if your RB is your long throws on the right taker, set RB to default at the bottom of player instructions).

Taking time to think your tactics through rather than just clicking 442/433 or whatever is far more satisfying. If it doesn't work go back to the drawing board.

By the way, my Koln team were up to 2nd in the Bundesliga after week 18 after a poor start to the season while the team gelled. The highlights have been drawing with FC Bayern and rattling 8 past HSV and 4 past Dortmund.

http://i41.tinypic.com/25a0kr6.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/zsttv9.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/29lh2xs.jpg

I won't be uploading the tactic till I'm sure it's worthy of being posted here, and has been tested with another club.

I took over FC Koln in season 2 and used a tactic from my first job with 1860 Munich, and managed to just avoid relegation. In season 3, I developed a 4-2-4 (or 442 with AML/AMR if you want) and bought a few players to replace the 'unhappy' and lesser players.

In defence I played a flat back 4, with the DR/DL set with a slightly higher attacking mentality (normal), more direct passing and forward runs to high. Centre backs were about 4 and 7 for mentality and both with little creative freedom, shorter passing and man marking.

The middle two are set to mostly medium mentality and one slightly more defensive. Everything else is mixed and straight down the middle.

On the left side, I lined the "attacking" MC along with the left FC who has a backward arrow, and made the team instructions focus passing to down left flank. That way they can make good moves down the left flank and get the support from midfield for the other FC who is used as an out and out striker.

Also, I paid close attention to setting up every set piece so it's balanced for defence/attack and the correct players are assigned the correct tasks (ie if your RB is your long throws on the right taker, set RB to default at the bottom of player instructions).

Taking time to think your tactics through rather than just clicking 442/433 or whatever is far more satisfying. If it doesn't work go back to the drawing board.

By the way, my Koln team were up to 2nd in the Bundesliga after week 18 after a poor start to the season while the team gelled. The highlights have been drawing with FC Bayern and rattling 8 past HSV and 4 past Dortmund.

http://i41.tinypic.com/25a0kr6.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/zsttv9.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/29lh2xs.jpg

I won't be uploading the tactic till I'm sure it's worthy of being posted here, and has been tested with another club.

Sounds like your doing really well, I have a few people testing this but if it doesnt work then it doesnt work. I have created a tactic that has kept me in all cup competitions and has only lost 2 league games out of 50ish games. I worry that this tactic might only be suited to my team.

This is the first time I have made my own tactic from scratch and its far more satisfying than downloading someone elses, I never expected it to feel this much better.

The 8-3 against HSV is a great result. I used to give up and being in your situation after 2 losses my head would have dropped and I would have gone back to the safety of a downloaded tactic but I feel this has re-ignited my FM playing days.

Do you use OI? I have never bothered using it.

results3.jpg

manageroverview.jpg

Rest of the results and the manager overview,we also won the league cup. There must be something in the tactic based on the screenshots I have shown.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2743/rileyi.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1820/walterj.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3012/motta.jpg

Screenies of the strikers performances this season.

Hmm I'm trying to play this shape with Arsenal 3rd season but I can't get any consistency with it. It may be my instructions though, I'll download this and use it untill at least January (in September now) and let you know how it goes :thup:

englishpremierdivision1.png

Knap ran a holiday season to test the tactic and these were the results. I think if the tactic could be tweaked slightly for away matches then the results could be improved, I am just not sure how to tweak it lol.

Away games were okay for me with a record of 14 wins 3 draws and 2 loses scored 37 conceeded 10. At home won 18 drew 1 lost 0 scored 58 conceeded 8.

I wonder if the mentality should be dropped and counter attack ticked for away games. Could be worth a try its that or drop the playmaker and play another CM with the same settings as the more defensive one.

41 games, 36 wins, 2 losses. :thup: One of those losses was away at Man U, and after 30 minutes I'd squandered 3 golden opportunities to score so I knew it was going to be one of those 'unwinnable' games. One draw was a second-leg League Cup tie where I was already four goals to the good, others were just poor games, although I did have to switch formation and make a couple of subs with ten minutes to go on a game that was headed for a poor draw, not sure whether it was the players or the formation that wasn't doing too well though. Seemed to be scoring the same number of goals as my fast/wide/short formation, but wingers and full backs are getting a bit more involved in this, which is nice. Rare that the left striker doesn't score, but on my formation it was the right striker who was getting most of the goals.

I've got to admit I'm no expert at this game, but once or twice I did get a massive hole created in my back line when my man-marking CB got sucked out of position, maybe zonal would be better, and I'm going to try it with offside ticked too, see if that can stop a few goals as well.

Thanks for the feedback dude, I have always wondered about man marking and zonal its not really something I know too much about to be honest. Sometimes this tactic struggles in away games and will get the odd bore draw that just seems unwinnable.

I have changed it slighty to have the left mid with no forward runs to change him to a deep lying playmaker and the right midfielder as a box to box Steven Gerrard type CM who gets involved in attacks and helps defending. This seems to get the most out of a creative deep play maker who seems to spray the ball all over the place. I will give the zonal a go if things start to go wrongso far this new season has bought only 3 goals conceeded in the 1st 11 games of the season but to be fair it wasnt against the greatest teams.

I have done a few holiday seasons and they usually turn out pretty well but when I take charge of the team I do alot better than the assmen do. Let me know how you get on any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just tested this on a Man Utd save i have and admittedly only for 3 games so far. Now i appreciate i have a world class squad and front 4 of rooney, benzema, messi & ronaldo so i would expect to get decent results. However i have played the following matches.

Crystal Palace Home 3-0 win. Their keeper was also MOM and should have won by at least 5.

Fenerbache Away 3-0 win. posession wise was 58%in my favour and completely dominated fro start to finish.

Arsenal Away 3-1 win. Went 1-0 down to a goal inside 2 minutes. after this posession was at 60% for most of the match and ended up at 52% after a late push from arsenal once 3-1 down.

Strikers scoring for fun. Benzema has 5 goals in 3 games and rooney has 3 goals in 3 games. This i have never had before with FM09 even with the same strikers.

plan to test this on a Valencia game i have also in 1st season. Only 2 signings are Marquinhos and Marchisio. Ill report back after Jan

Just tested this on a Man Utd save i have and admittedly only for 3 games so far. Now i appreciate i have a world class squad and front 4 of rooney, benzema, messi & ronaldo so i would expect to get decent results. However i have played the following matches.

Crystal Palace Home 3-0 win. Their keeper was also MOM and should have won by at least 5.

Fenerbache Away 3-0 win. posession wise was 58%in my favour and completely dominated fro start to finish.

Arsenal Away 3-1 win. Went 1-0 down to a goal inside 2 minutes. after this posession was at 60% for most of the match and ended up at 52% after a late push from arsenal once 3-1 down.

Strikers scoring for fun. Benzema has 5 goals in 3 games and rooney has 3 goals in 3 games. This i have never had before with FM09 even with the same strikers.

plan to test this on a Valencia game i have also in 1st season. Only 2 signings are Marquinhos and Marchisio. Ill report back after Jan

Glad its works for you, the tactic does seem to have the strikers scoring alot of goals. I also get alot of goals from the AMR aswell. How do Messi and Ronaldo perform for you?

Not sure if it would work with lower teams or not as it requires a decent playmaker at CM and a creative striker with free role. I am not sure how this would work in the BSS as I have only used the tactic with a top team.

I think it could work for Leeds if you got the right players I have only used it with world class team but surely if you have players that are better than the league standard then they should be able to get it to work.

Not if you tick "Use Current Match Tactics" it's not :rolleyes:

Well, holiday test depends much on what kind of AssMan you have. He chooses lineup, team-talk, subs and frankly speaking he strangely does get much better results than me( maybe any human manager?).

The point is you can count on that kind of test only if you use EXACTLY THE SAME ASSMAN EVERY TIME (means same AssMan from THE SAME save with exactly same attributes).

• 5 weeks later...
This tactics immense, used it for my Leeds team scored planty of goals although, managed to concede a consideribly lot more =/

Oh well at least you scored alot lol.

Awesome, you won the league with Chelsea, must be on to a winner...

Really great post there you are a valuable asset to the forum. If you read the thread properly I said it works for my team and might not work for other teams, it is a tactic for bigger teams. It works for my Sunderland team that won every trophy available 4 years in a row and had a strike force that scored 80 goals in one season between them.

Awesome, you won the league with Chelsea, must be on to a winner...

Ouch, I bet that comment really stung the OP. You're sharp, real sharp! You should be proud of yourself.

PS for your benefit, as your obviously a bit dim, i'm being sarcastic and I think your post is utter cack.

Don't know what's funnier, that you're silly enough to make that comment, or that you're silly enough to ask for tactical advice in GPTG. :thup:

Mooki3 - I don't appreciate it when I see sarcastic comments like that, especially when people take the time to post their tactical efforts. If you have something constructive to say then fine, otherwise, don't bother.

All - Please try not to be baited by posts like these, if I spot them or you report them, they'll be dealt with accordingly. Don't give them the satisfaction of responding. ;)

hi, I'm gonna try this tactic for my Juventus team...

Currently I'm using a tactic from this forum too, but the strikers didn't score a lot of goals and I found your tactic might seem interesting, hope this tactic will work for my team ;)

Will give you some feedback later.

Mooki3 - I don't appreciate it when I see sarcastic comments like that, especially when people take the time to post their tactical efforts. If you have something constructive to say then fine, otherwise, don't bother.

All - Please try not to be baited by posts like these, if I spot them or you report them, they'll be dealt with accordingly. Don't give them the satisfaction of responding. ;)

Alright, sorry all, my sincerest.

hi, I'm gonna try this tactic for my Juventus team...

Currently I'm using a tactic from this forum too, but the strikers didn't score a lot of goals and I found your tactic might seem interesting, hope this tactic will work for my team ;)

Will give you some feedback later.

Let me know how you get on, like I said its been very successful with my Sunderland team and a few other big teams.

Let me know how you get on, like I said its been very successful with my Sunderland team and a few other big teams.

Ok I've played some games and here are the results...

Genoa H 2 : 0

FC Bayern H 4 : 1 (UCL)

Roma A 0 : 1

Lazio H 5 : 2 (TIM Cup)

Torino H 5 : 1

Newcastle A 3 : 1

Bologna A 2 : 0

Palermo H 2 : 1

The only lost was against Roma, they scored on the first half, but then I made a little tweak on the defensive line, I set it to Normal (middle) and tick the counter attack, my team dominate the 2nd half but couldn't scored because Roma played very defensive.

And this tactic had this "strange" behaviour, and what I meant with strange is on the matches I've conceded, I've always conceded first, but my team managed to score more goals to pay them back and won.

I'm gonna try this tactic until the end of the season, and I'll let you know again.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FGWLAEML

Tweaked it to have a deep lying playmaker and box to box midfielder. This version of the tactic got me 109 goals and 100 points and the season before got 100 points against and 95 goals. The strikers also got around 80 goals between them but the AMR chipped in with 25 goals aswell.

Not sure if anyone is interested but theres no harm in posting, remember this tactic was designed with a world class team.

Archived