How To Build A New Stadium

I have got Wycombe up to the championship from League 2 relegation scrappers, we will most likely go up next season (not the current one) we are constantly selling out our stadium of 14000 seater, and we need to expand, however the council are always denying us, is there a way to build a new stadium? Where would i find this?

Cheers All

Jon

Do you support Wycombe docklanders? I do and i have the same problem and we are top of the Championship. We desparately need a new stadium :(

i live near Wycombe, and go there often as they are quite cheap on tickets, me and my uncle go to watch the games, but no i was born n Scotland so im a Rangers fan (Dont talk to me about the game!)

How much money are we talking about?

i'll be honest and say i've sort of cheated, me and my dad do hotseating play and since he's with United, when i needed some money in league 2, he bought one of my young promising kids for £20M and let me loan one of his youngsters for no wages, i dont think its cheating but you guys might.

I'm a Wycombe fan and I've had the same problem. Within 5 seasons I had Wycombe in the Championship, and in our first season there we ended up just missing out on promotion with a 10,000 seater stadium (some of it standing actually). The next season we were sat 2nd from bottom well over halfway through so I resigned, devestated :( .

it is certainly a problem that clubs dont have the ability to improve a stadium very quickly in the game, but i imagine the same would happen in real life if wycombe went up two leagues in as many seasons or so (assuming we didn't have wasps pestering us for a new stadium as it is).

How much money are we talking about?
Oh, thats a shame. At least you go to the games. I am an avid fan and i have a season ticket. Great to see someone else managing them as well for once :) They are a great team

sorry i'm a bit slow, we're still talking Wycombe right?

I'm a Wycombe fan and I've had the same problem. Within 5 seasons I had Wycombe in the Championship, and in our first season there we ended up just missing out on promotion with a 10,000 seater stadium (some of it standing actually). The next season we were sat 2nd from bottom well over halfway through so I resigned, devestated :( .

it is certainly a problem that clubs dont have the ability to improve a stadium very quickly in the game, but i imagine the same would happen in real life if wycombe went up two leagues in as many seasons or so (assuming we didn't have wasps pestering us for a new stadium as it is).

well my stadium was 1200 standing 10800 seating in league 1 but i got the increase i wanted, but not as much as i deserve, i'm surprised im not even a icon or any really, you should see the players i've got, the regen's stats are phenomenal.

i'll be honest and say i've sort of cheated, me and my dad do hotseating play and since he's with United, when i needed some money in league 2, he bought one of my young promising kids for £20M and let me loan one of his youngsters for no wages, i dont think its cheating but you guys might.

wish my dad played FM, or even had some sort of interest in football at all...

wish my dad played FM, or even had some sort of interest in football at all...

well i'm glad my dad likes football, if he didnt i would never have made it into wycombe schoolboy team, and have trials with other big clubs as a kid, i knew i'd never make it but it felt good, knowing that even though he really wanted me to turn professional it's nice to know he still believes in me and that i have 1 parent that still cares about me :)

sorry i'm a bit slow, we're still talking Wycombe right?

I hope so! :D

Well it sounds like you're in a good position to get a new stadium but in FM09 it seems to be more difficult than ever to get expansions. I guess its more realistic but it makes the game alot harder when playing as a lower league team.

I got a new stadium in my game after getting the bank balance up to around £100m. Didn't actually need one since they replaced an expandable 30,000 capacity stadium with a 40,000 one. One with a silly name as well. Plus they took a £40m bank loan which could have been avoided because the club still had that money left in the bank. But then on previous games I've had loads of money and council blocking expansions but no new stadium. So I guess it's simply down to luck as well.

Good luck with that docklanders

I tried forever to get a new stadium for Newcastle, my balance was over £200 million. I'd sold all my best players and my first team was full of regens with the exception of Messi and a couple of others. Council stopped expansion at 60,000. I just lost hope and started buying players again

All I have to say is boo-freaking-hoo...Haha, seriously though, I'm with Bishop's Stortford in the Championship, 2014/2015, and my stadium expansion has been blocked by the council since day one. Consequently, I'm stuck at a 4000 (250 seated) capacity "stadium," if you can even call it that, with nowhere to expand to, and I am hemorrhaging ~200k/month of the decent reserve I had built up, because I can't support my miserly 50k/week wage budget.

Cup runs with lucky away draws against Man Utd, Liverpool, Derby, and S'oton the past 4 years have me just barely in the black, but it's a struggle to say the least. The challenge was realistic in the Conference and even in League 2, but at least expansion should be possible, otherwise I will be forever stuck in the pitiful chain of not being able to raise enough money to support the wages, so I need to expand the stadium when I do get some money from a cup run, but I can't expand the stadium because the board won't allow it.

Welcome to football purgatory. Cheers! :D

Wycombe are unlikely to get a new stadium as the current one was built with expansion in mind. It supposedly absurdly easy for it to be expanded in real life. I'm managing Wycombe and am up to a 14,000 all-seater, with all expansions taking hardly any time, so I assume it has been modelled on reality. The limit for Wycombe will be support base. Given the lack of other clubs in the immediate vicinity and a reasonably high local population, it should extend to a decent figure, although not huge. Wycombe will also be comepting for support with bigger clubs in North London, so Arsenal and Spurs will, quite realistically, drain the support base. Once your reputation begins to match theirs, support levels will increase.

well ive just sealed promotion to the premiership with Wycombe, top of the championship, i'll give most of me credit for Giggs, inspiring team talks, yet when i do them we somehow get worse!

Board have started increasing my stadium capacity up to i think its 15000 or something, i'll check tomorrow, but to be fair thats not enough for a premiership club, and why am i not a legend! I've done more than Franco Di Santo has, and i only signed him a year ago and he was injured for 4 months!

Some people on here have said they saved up £100m in their balance before getting a new stadium, some say they saved up £380m some say £500m

I personally am Southport FC, In the Prem, In the Champions League, got a 20,000 stadium and wont expand. I am waiting patiently for a new stadium but looks like I will need a lot more money!

Archived