Tactic Discussion

Basically.

Do you create your own tactics?

Or

Do you download your tactics?

Ok it's obvious.

The easiest is to download, But then again you gain nothing from it. You did not succeed the tactic did?

Besides, making the tactic for ureself is the whole aim of the game isnt it not ?

Nothing wrong with downloading tactics, just wondering what other peoples views are.

I've only ever used my own. I understand why people download tactics and I've absolutely nothing against it but to me it's like buying a car and letting someone else drive it around.

I've experimented with both, but ultimately found that creating my own was more successful.

I mainly downloaded tactics so I could understand what worked well in FM09, it was more a case of looking at other tactics as templates and tweaking them.

I've also had great success using some of the standard ones that are already in the game.

I create my own from scratch.

I do understand people downloading tactics though as it is a complex game.

I recently tried to get a team of people to get together to create the ultimate tactic for people in the tactics forum, as I know people always want killer tactics :D

Over the years I've always worked on my own tactics, but I can't say I've not been influenced from time to time by a good idea someone else has implemented.

I like to try an share anything good I come up with, whilst also having a look at what others have been working on and see if I can improve on them or help with. One example was with a set uploaded by MD_Ronaldo for FM08, which I particularly liked the look of, tweeked and re-submitted as the patches came and went in his absence.

I'm basic when it comes to my tactics. I just get my players and put them in a position that looks reasonable, after several tests from friendly matches. Right now I like a 4-4-2 with an AMR and an AML with two holding midfielders.

I always follow my assistant managers advice when it comes to closing down and tackling just before a match. That's pretty much all of my tactics.

I've never downloaded tactics. I'm of the opinion that tactics are nowhere near as complicated as they can seem, so I'm happy to develop my own.

I'm in complete agreement. They can look intimidating, until you ask the questions What do I want the team to do? and What do I want this player to do? Then you can perhaps see them as the tools they are to communicate to the game what you want to happen, rather than a thousand foot wall to clamber over and find the mystical formation of guaranteed perpetual success (where success is never having to do anything other than select a squad and press 'Continue'.).

Archived