Windows 7

Hi, Firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I was wondering if anyone has tried FM09 on windows 7. I am currently running xp and I have downloaded windows 7 beta build 7022, but I'm not too sure of installing it as I don't know if it would run FM. Has anyone had any experience with windows 7 yet?

Windows 7 is basically Vista with the crap stuff stripped out and therefore much faster! Better kernel as well...

Although the Problems Steps Recorder tool is utterly fantastic for recording errors, could be handy for SI as users can capture their issue and give SI the HTML document!

Yeh it works fine, but si wont help if anything goes wrong, i'm using the 32bit without any problems.

Unbelievable. Microsoft are releasing a 32bit version of Windows 7? Just release a bloody 64bit version and stop confusing non computer literate people.

Unbelievable. Microsoft are releasing a 32bit version of Windows 7? Just release a bloody 64bit version and stop confusing non computer literate people.

The problem is, if they did, the non computer literate people (99%) would simply start crapping through their eye sockets.

Sadly average Jo bases his computer knowledge on 'facts' provided by ance-ridden PC world chimps and badly written articles by people who don't even know why they dislike Microsoft in the first place.

I agree, lets just go 64bit, but the inability of the OEM's to simply and authoritively lay it down as the standard is gonna keep putting it off - not to mention they don't wanna resell the slightly more expensive 64bit versions.

Eh? Your post doesn't make sense! What about people who do not have a machine that can run 64 bit?

Since all new processors have been 64 bit since late 2003 I shudder to think what you are running? What's your processor?

Eh? Your post doesn't make sense! What about people who do not have a machine that can run 64 bit?

As long as your processor allows 64bit there is no reason not to be on 64bit. As stated above 64bit processors are the only variety on sale for over 5 years now, I doubt that anyone who is going to buy Windows 7 will have a 32bit processor in their machine. If their was jsut a 64bit version of Windows 7 there won't be any confusion over hardware, drivers, or if you can use 4GB of memory or not.

Seems to run okay on Windows 7 32-bit for me. However, for some reason I have two copies of the 'Sports Interactive\FM 2009' folder in the 'my documents' folder.

Deleted both of these folders, re-installed fm 2009, started it up and the same thing happened again... it created two FM 2009 folders! :S

Thanks everyone gor the advice. I installed 32 bit build 7022 and it runs FM as good as it does on xp. Alot better tan vista.

Seems to run okay on Windows 7 32-bit for me. However, for some reason I have two copies of the 'Sports Interactive\FM 2009' folder in the 'my documents' folder.

Deleted both of these folders, re-installed fm 2009, started it up and the same thing happened again... it created two FM 2009 folders! :S

I noticed this also on my machine, but it shouldnt be a problem.

Archived