Language issues :)

hi, ive just had a total revamp of my Pompey team that i took over in the third season. Basically all of my signings have come from abroad, from places such as spain, italy, brazil, austria and they speak a variety of languages, and only few can speak english. is their any way to speed up/aid the process of learning a new language

That would be a neat feature. After all, it happens in real life. Come to think of it, don't some clubs (Ajax, Chelsea, Real Madrid) have language schools attached?

Ajax does have a academy for it youth players, just a regular school (well regular) but all classes are scheduled in a way that they can attend the training with out missing the lessons, not sure if this is specific for foreign players to learn the language.

In my game it was mostly with French players. I noticed that it was I who leanrt French basic and this later changed to French Fluent

I guess the answer is to prepare for this when buying players. Too many foreign players with different languages will take a while

Ajax does have a academy for it youth players, just a regular school (well regular) but all classes are scheduled in a way that they can attend the training with out missing the lessons, not sure if this is specific for foreign players to learn the language.

Yeah, with Ajax, all their youth players are required to finish full-time education and achieve good grades if they want to stay with the club. But if I remember the article correctly, English language lessons are an important part of the education and non-English and non-Dutch speaking signings attend classes with the youngsters to help them pick the language up faster.

hi' date=' ive just had a total revamp of my Pompey team that i took over in the third season. Basically all of my signings have come from abroad, from places such as spain, italy, brazil, austria and they speak a variety of languages, and only few can speak english. is their any way to speed up/aid the process of learning a new language[/quote']

You could edit English in the data editor. Each language has an influence and difficulty rating out of 20, English's influence is 20 and difficulty is 5 so if you wanted you could change that to a 1? Not sure how much difference it would really make though as some of the other guys have said it depends on the players adaptability as well.

hi' date=' ive just had a total revamp of my Pompey team that i took over in the third season. Basically all of my signings have come from abroad, from places such as spain, italy, brazil, austria and they speak a variety of languages, and only few can speak english. is their any way to speed up/aid the process of learning a new language[/quote']

Just before he jumped ship, 'Arry 'ad 'ired tutors for his Pompey squad to learn English. This is the man who once said, "Them foreigners don't speak the Queen's English like what I do."!! :D

Archived