Lazio In Europe?

can someone tell me why my board aren't satisfied?

i promised ueropean qualification through a league finish, and thats what i got.

they're saying that i only achieved 'a respectable position'???

it doesnt make sense.

i thought that because of the rule (depending on winner of italian cup) that i perhaps hadnt got into europe, but Inter won the cup therefore it wouldnt matter, right?

can someone take a look at this and explain it to me please.

http://www.mypicx.com/02102009/Lazio/

im fuming.

You got into Europe through luck, not league. If you'd made your qualification certain through league position, say sixth place, then the board would be happy. As it stands, you achieved a reasonable league position and got European qualification as an aside.

I don't think it's a bug I just think you have an overly ambitious chairman. Alright, you qualified for Europe but maybe he wanted top 4 as well? Add all that to the fact that you only got to the first round of the cup and it deflauts to under pressure. I bet that if you get through to the GS then you won't be under pressure anymore.

You got into Europe through luck, not league. If you'd made your qualification certain through league position, say sixth place, then the board would be happy. As it stands, you achieved a reasonable league position and got European qualification as an aside.

that's b*llocks.

the expectation is to get into europe through a league place, which is what happened.

i didnt NOT get into europe, did i?

they wanted me to finish in a postion that would mean i had qualified for europe.

which i did.

its pretty f*cking clear.

and to the other guy who has been under pressure for two years...

most of this season (after moving from bristol city) i've been 'talented' or' popular' manager, until the AI decided i was doing too well in the league (4th for most of the season) and decides to give 3 of my players 6 month plus injuries, cause two of my defenders to score 2 own goals in one game, make unrealistic and unbelievable red card incidents occur, and generally f*ck up my whole game.

after playing for 4 seasons, i AM CONVINCED that if you're overachieving too much the AI/computer/game steps in to even things out and f*cks you over with ridiculous mishaps and incidents.

CONVINCED.

I'd cut out the swearing if I you as if a mod sees that you most likely get an infraction and if they wanted they could ban you probably for the amount of occurrences of the foul language.

Anyway, I would not worry about it as I have been an under pressure manager Lazio for 2 seasons and they even renewed my contract.

that's b*llocks.

the expectation is to get into europe through a league place, which is what happened.

i didnt NOT get into europe, did i?

they wanted me to finish in a postion that would mean i had qualified for europe.

which i did.

its pretty f*cking clear.

and to the other guy who has been under pressure for two years...

most of this season (after moving from bristol city) i've been 'talented' or' popular' manager, until the AI decided i was doing too well in the league (4th for most of the season) and decides to give 3 of my players 6 month plus injuries, cause two of my defenders to score 2 own goals in one game, make unrealistic and unbelievable red card incidents occur, and generally f*ck up my whole game.

after playing for 4 seasons, i AM CONVINCED that if you're overachieving too much the AI/computer/game steps in to even things out and f*cks you over with ridiculous mishaps and incidents.

CONVINCED.

No more swearing from you mate, you already have an infraction for foul language, it could easely be doubled.

CONVINCED.

Yes, of course it does. It's the secret feature that SI never told us about.

I can't believe the number of people who suggest this.

As for your original complaint. You qualified...barely. You scraped in by the skin of your teeth. If anyone else had won the cup then you wouldn't have made Europe, and you would have failed your board's requirements.

I think they expected you to do a little better. If you'd been in the majority of European countries then you would have been languishing far outside the Euro places.

Also take in to account what you may have done to improve your squad. Have you spent a lot of money? If so, then your chairman wants to see a return on that. Lots of money and seventh place isn't good.

On the other hand have you not spent money to improve the squad? If that is the case then perhaps your chairman is wondering why not.

Maybe your job becoming insecure is a little harsh, but you haven't done brilliantly. You've lucked out with Inter winning the cup.

Just get back on with it and prove them wrong to doubt you. It's not worth the anuerism you'll give yourself with all this swearing and anger.

Maybe "European Qualification" means a place in the Champions League, and not Uefa Cup...

The exact wording in his confidence screen was "The minimum expectation is that the team qualify for the EURO Cup through participation in the Serie A this season."

As for why the board is still not satisfied at the end of the season, it is because the OP had finished 7th and thus only qualified for the EURO Cup after the Italian Cup winner had already qualified for Europe through league standing. This meant that Lazio's qualification came on the back of Inter's Italian Cup win.

The alternative scenario to that which happened would be if a team placed lower than the OP's had won the Italian Cup and thus would have qualified for next season's EURO Cup in their place.

You may argue that ultimately that did not happen, but the risk of not qualifying for Europe is still there if you only achieve a 7th place finish. I can safely assume that if the OP had led his team to a 6th place finish, the board would have been satisfied as he did indeed deliver on his promise, and that is to safely qualify for Europe solely on their own merit.

Lastly, to the OP, there is no need to feel too frustrated as you did not lose your job, did you? True you may be labelled as "under-pressure", but as long as you keep pushing your team towards a higher placing next season, as well as do well in the EURO Cup, your board would appreciate your good work and your manager description will change for the better soon enough.

you fnished outside of normal league euro qualifications, can you not see that due to your own angryness? Calm down, take a deep breath and repeat after me, i did not qualify for europe through the league, i did not qualify for europe through the league. I qualified because i am a lucky so and so as another team above me in the real european placings had already qualified via cup win.

Spot on - you get no credit for lucking into a European place.

Archived