Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice guys! looks good matt great results against chelsea arsenal and valencia!

i scrapped the bolton game got bored im united now!

Nylen looks great for you Zombie and 3 figures again! well done mate.

jessboi great work getting throuhg the playoffs told you you would do it!

ryt i only managed to play for an hour or so today. went to watch city at stoke. anyway managed to sign a chilean name escapes me atm but rated as quality plyers by my staff. anyone got any more ideas i need a attacking centre mid and a goalkeeper icon14.gif

Briz, it's not Millan is it? That would make 3 of us! How much have you got to spend mate? Anyway:

GK: Neuer, Lloris, Ochoa, Akinfeev, Ustari, Joao Carlos, Fabianski, Hart, Marcelo Grohe.

AMC: Jimenez, Moutinho, Rakitic, Galvan, Lulinha, Adu, Barnes, di Maria, Jankovic, Taarabt, Lansbury, Sergio Mota, Kenia

Unlucky there briz_lad. Myself, I had a much more jolly away trip today, seeing the mighty Sky Blue Army (Coventry) crush Colchester 5-1! Losing 1-0 at half-time though, we were all wondering if we'd be able to win League One next season but other results means we're 17th, and a point against either Wolves or Charlton who have nothing to play for should see us safe!

Anyway, back to Oxford. Erm, I'm somewhere in November I think, and a 4 or 5 points clear at the top of the table currently I believe.

ahaha matt sorry i had to i want rooney and ronaldo! as a chelsea fan i shouldnt really!

i just been comparing this thread to the united one and its so much better! there are less people in here posting much more and more communication between the players too.

if there were the same amount of people in here as the united/arsenal/lyon threads they wouldnt be half of what this one is!

Well im finally in league one and wasnt impressed with finances at all! Was given like 100k and adjusted it to about 500k Here is my team:

oxfordunitedoxfordplayeoc3.th.png

Currently im losing Scribe and Musasa for good deals anyway!

My transfers:

oxfordunitedtransfershiix5.th.png

I went a bit crazy with strikers, kendol was a bad buy i feel so trying to offload him and im happy to let musasa go for the money i will be getting not that i had a choice due to chairman interference! I still feel im a bit lacking in defence department even tho the wingers i want to play are supposedly better at the back. Any advice on where to improve and who to sign would be greatly appreciated!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well and sorry to hear about your laptop dexta.

weebob88, I would say get a new MC such as Bernardo, Elvio Martinez, Mark Davies, Richard Hughes (Permanent). Guthrie, Moses, Bostock etc (Loan). With one of them you should be fine. icon14.gif

Zombie, fanatstic price for a quality player mate: good work! icon14.gif

Ganea is God! Highest goalscorer by miles, I think he got it within two seasons actually! 184 in the league and 218 overall in 4 and a bit seasons: not too shabby! icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, currently top but Man Utd have 2 games in hand so effectively we're 2nd. United have only conceded 2 in 12 games. icon_eek.gif

nope jessboi icon_frown.gif well enjoying my united game at the moment anyways i will prob have to start oxford again so might be a while before i do that anyway!

Matt - United have such a strong defence and with the introduction of the amazing regens i bet they have an amazing defence! usually i find they end up 10th and selling all their players and ending up in Administration guess that hasnt happened on yours then llol

Zombie, Tom's suggestions are fine, add Dubarbier to the list.

Tom, just checked the United thread and looks like you're trying to dismantling the team save Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic and Tevez: nice work! And no unfortunately they look unstoppable atm until they come up against the mighty Oxford that is! icon_biggrin.gif

jess, hi mate just watched MOTD as well, saw goal of the season from McCann lol! Where are you upto in your season?

haha good old mcann, whats with dying the non existent hair lol well played 3, won 1, drew 1, lost 1 but bear in mind i had to play wolves away which was tricky, never the less i knocked crystal palace out of the league cup and have coventry right now. Abit of help please matt with my mini scout would be appreciated, ive installed it and everything but how do i get it to come up in my game icon_confused.gif

haha i know matt i just sold the useless ones.

yes come on Oxford!! if you win the league matt i will be well happy! i know it sounds weird but its like the biggest achievementever in the game i have seen! i hope one day i do it! getting them to the champions league is good enough but if you can take it that next big step i will worship you along with briz or anyone else who makes it!

Mike, haha a legend mate, really dedicated!

jess, well if it's like 1.4 then when you have your save game loaded you should just be able to double click on the icon with the eye on and it should come up. Then select a player in the game, click on the button in the top left corner and select one of the options.

How dare you do such a thing!?

Just had a great comeback. 1-0 down at Halifax, 86 mins Jody Morris pops up with a 25 yard free kick that's deflected in, and 3 mins later Michael Coulson picks up a Salomonsson throughball (offside?) and runs on and smashes it in the top corner. Torquay lost to good old Stafford so it's 7 points clear at the minute.

Originally posted by briz_lad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I was wondering does anyone here support Oxford?

no bristol city icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least City are doing well though eh!

I am a Bristol Rovers season ticket holder.

been a while since i've been able to play but ended up losing 3-1 to man utd icon_frown.gif quite happy with that considering the team they put out and the fact they had 28 shots icon_biggrin.gif

Promotion still on course and maybe the sentanta shield thingy, have a healthy balance of 1.5M atm but only 2k to spend icon_mad.gif as i wanted dyer from MK Dons but not gonna happen icon_frown.gif

Barnetboyz, good to hear from you mate. Unlucky against United but 3-1 is certainly no disgrace. As for the balance you'll just have to wait til next season to get more money unless the board sends you a message saying they've boosted your budget. Annoying I know but great in the long term.

its just a slight pain in teh arse as there is a celtic MLC (hes italian i think) he i'm having to delay his transfer until i get funds icon_frown.gif and he normally becomes quite good /o\ i do think i agreed to give him 1.5k a week though which is quite greedy for a 16 year old icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ypresfr:

Barnetboyz, sounds good mate, is his name Luca Santacito (something like that)? That is a bit greedy he'd better be worth it!

that is him indeed

04202008144621mk4.th.jpg

i mean he would surely rip the conference to bits and probably even L2 but then again i doubt i will raise the funds

Archived