9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

Thanks for responding Steve, but its hardly an advantage if it stops the game working?

Not sure why i would have a boxed copy as well as steam?

No it's not obviously. I think the server demand has been very high and there may have been a few problems.

Which is where being able to unisntall and reinstall it simply is quite handy.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excuse me ! How about my downloading problem??

Seem like there are lot of issues with Patch 9.3, I am concerned about installing it subsequently :rolleyes:

This could be a number of things, firewall interference, a problem with the browser.

Have you tried using a different internet browser like Firefox or Safari?

If you're having no luck still it may be easier (and faster) to get the patch through the torrent link.

No it's not obviously. I think the server demand has been very high and there may have been a few problems.

Which is where being able to unisntall and reinstall it simply is quite handy.

Thanks again for coming back.

Could you clarify though? My problem is related to the fact that the game hangs when tryign to load a new game (same as a couple of others reported) - presumably this cant be server related (since im not doing anything online?)

I have uninstalled and about to reinstall (once the steam d/l finishes) to see if this fixes it.

Have you moved the editor from it's orginal at all? We haven't has this problem here at all BUT you may need to navigate to the 'data' folder in the Football Manager 2009 folder to see the new database. It should be there.

I don't really understand what you are saying. Do I need to move the data editor folder into the data folder?

Can you explain what I need to do as this is very frustrating

I don't really understand what you are saying. Do I need to move the data editor folder into the data folder?

Can you explain what I need to do as this is very frustrating

No you shouldn't have to move anything. If you have the data editor in the standard location then you should just choose 'open database' and the database will show up.

If it's not there then either the game hasn't updated to 9.3.0 properly and the database is missing or the editor is not looking in the right place for the data.

I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong and the guy who worked on the Editor isn't here at the moment so I can't ask him.

Couple of questions.

Did you move/create a shortcut for the editor program?

Did you install the game to a default location or somewhere else?

I'll try to look for an answer while you're replying otherwise I'll PM the editor guy to see if he can help.

Thanks again for coming back.

Could you clarify though? My problem is related to the fact that the game hangs when tryign to load a new game (same as a couple of others reported) - presumably this cant be server related (since im not doing anything online?)

I have uninstalled and about to reinstall (once the steam d/l finishes) to see if this fixes it.

Ok having uninstalled and reinstalled on steam, still the same problem. The stage it hangs at is "finding manager targets".

Before the patch a new game would load in probably 3 - 4mins max. Now i leave it 15 mins and although the bar on "finding manager targets" seems to be very slowly moving, as soon as i click on the screen it goes into "not responding" mode....

This is really annoying, i have been wanting to start a new game for 2 days now and instead have wasted about 3hrs trying to fix this.

Ok having uninstalled and reinstalled on steam, still the same problem. The stage it hangs at is "finding manager targets".

Before the patch a new game would load in probably 3 - 4mins max. Now i leave it 15 mins and although the bar on "finding manager targets" seems to be very slowly moving, as soon as i click on the screen it goes into "not responding" mode....

This is really annoying, i have been wanting to start a new game for 2 days now and instead have wasted about 3hrs trying to fix this.

Okay the screen going blank may be a vista thing, it doesn't recognise the software is processing and highlights it saying it thinks it not doing anything.

How many leagues are you attempting to load and have you left the game for a while seeing if it comes back or do you just switch off as soon as the 'not responding' thing pops up on the window? If a seperate not responding box comes up then there could be a problem. If you are loading lots of leagues it may take a little while so maybe try starting a game when you're about to do something else and see if it comes back.

Okay the screen going blank may be a vista thing, it doesn't recognise the software is processing and highlights it saying it thinks it not doing anything.

How many leagues are you attempting to load and have you left the game for a while seeing if it comes back or do you just switch off as soon as the 'not responding' thing pops up on the window? If a seperate not responding box comes up then there could be a problem. If you are loading lots of leagues it may take a little while so maybe try starting a game when you're about to do something else and see if it comes back.

I have come across the issue of vista thinking the game is not responding before, when it is actually just loading. However usually the game will still load within the 5mins which is normal.

I am trying to load 10 leagues in 3 nations, which is around what i normally play with (usually between 10 and 12 leagues). I Have left it for up to 20 mins to load with nothing.

Strangely, whilst typing this the last attempt has finally loaded (load time about 17mins).

Is there anything in the new patch that would effect load times so drastically?

Have done a forum search but cannot find the answer...

I have updated the game with the new patch and now when I try and load up the game it crashes.

This is the Vista msg:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.3.0.36289

Application Timestamp: 49a49dac

Fault Module Name: StackHash_9cfd

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0335675f

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 9cfd

Additional Information 2: aea2a0d7a408bfb90d70a40b35741536

Additional Information 3: add1

Additional Information 4: e86fd8f76207b04502fc8a8c6058a723

Any ideas??????

Have forwarded your post on. I'm not sure what's causing this but can you get me your dxdiag please so we can take a look at it. Could be graphics driver related but I'm not sure.

to get your dxdiag do the following:

click start

click in the 'search' box

type "dxdiag"

press enter

Once the dxdiag program has saved all information click "save all information" and save the text file somewhere you'll remember.

Open it and copy/paste the information into a post here.

Cheers.

when i view regen players i can see their hair but not the face. any ideas?

perez.jpg

First can you go into preferences -> Graphics & Sound

Tick the box on the top right that says "always reload skin on confirmation" and click confirm.

Check again.

If that hasn't worked please delete your cache files (this won't affect your game)

Q - How do I delete my cache files?

A - This has changed slightly from Football Manager 2008. For Football Manager 2009 please use the following instructions:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Give that a go and let me know if either method has worked.

Cheers.

• SI Staff
Need some help please...after i've installed the 9.3.0 patch, i run the game and i get "error line 487"

how can i solve it.

pic - http://www.zix.co.il/images/z-775031589.png

thank you for your help.

Have you edited the game at all, or are you using any unofficial downloads, such as a language pack, or a match events update?

Guest Plamen88

When I click on New Game the game stay still and there is a screen what I see.

bugb.th.jpg

I've edited fake.lnc file setting off all fakes and panels.fmf - i've uncommented huge database.

That's after patching with 9.3.0 . Before i haven't got such problems.

I use only official patches!

First can you go into preferences -> Graphics & Sound

Tick the box on the top right that says "always reload skin on confirmation" and click confirm.

Check again.

If that hasn't worked please delete your cache files (this won't affect your game)

Give that a go and let me know if either method has worked.

Cheers.

the prefernces way didnt work. i follwed the instructions to delete the cache files but it isnt there - i'm sure i deleted this when i originally had trouble trying to activate the game

When I click on New Game the game stay still and there is a screen what I see.

bugb.th.jpg

I've edited fake.lnc file setting off all fakes and panels.fmf - i've uncommented huge database.

That's after patching with 9.3.0 . Before i haven't got such problems.

I use only official patches!

Hi Plamen.

Can you tell me...

1. What version of the game you have? Digital download or Boxed copy (installed via Steam or Softanchor)

2. What patch you used to patch your game?

the prefernces way didnt work. i follwed the instructions to delete the cache files but it isnt there - i'm sure i deleted this when i originally had trouble trying to activate the game

You need to make sure you can see "hidden files"

Windows XP

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

2. Double-click on the My Computer icon.

3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

4. After the new window appears select the View tab.

5. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.

6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.

8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.

10. Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.

Windows Vista

To enable the viewing of Hidden files follow these steps:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.

2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.

3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.

4. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:

If you are in the Classic View do the following:

4a. Double-click on the Folder Options icon.

4b. Click on the View tab.

4c. Go to step 5.

If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:

4a. Click on the Appearance and Personalization link .

4b. Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.

4c. Go to step 5.

5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the button labeled Show hidden files and folders.

6. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.

7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.

8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.

9. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

My whole game has been destroyed by the patch 3.0.

Originally I didnt want to download it but was automatically updated by steam.

I wanted to play a new game with the 2.0 patch but it was all different to the previous version.(set stats for certain staff opposed to random etc etc) I uninstalled my FM and then reinstalled. However by doing this through steam I had all the patches automatically put onto my FM.

Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch.

Please can someone help me!!!

Can I load steam up and again and how can I install FM to be at the default stage and not automatically update??. i.e. only update with the patches I download.

Can someone tell me how to correct the FM currently installed so that I can play with the 2.0 patch?

When I start my FM the msg below comes up before it loads up. Please help as as you can tell I am not technical and just want to manage my team.

---------------------------

Warning

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920' - reverting to the default location

OK

• SI Staff
I have updated via steam but the Data Editor is still showing 9.1 as the newest database! Can I not use 9.3 on the editor???

Way around this so you can see 9.3 database go to the Edit -> Options and then in the custom database folder section set the path here to where the 9.3 databse is. This will allow you to edit it.

My whole game has been destroyed by the patch 3.0.

Originally I didnt want to download it but was automatically updated by steam.

I wanted to play a new game with the 2.0 patch but it was all different to the previous version.(set stats for certain staff opposed to random etc etc) I uninstalled my FM and then reinstalled. However by doing this through steam I had all the patches automatically put onto my FM.

Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch.

Please can someone help me!!!

Can I load steam up and again and how can I install FM to be at the default stage and not automatically update??. i.e. only update with the patches I download.

Can someone tell me how to correct the FM currently installed so that I can play with the 2.0 patch?

When I start my FM the msg below comes up before it loads up. Please help as as you can tell I am not technical and just want to manage my team.

Warning

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920' - reverting to the default location

OK

Can you tell me if your game runs fine afterwards and if you have the correct database?

It may be that the program is picking up some residual information from the previous install and is looking for the database but then finding it afterwards without a problem in the new location.

If the game is not working at all afterwards then I'll see if anyone has an answer for you.

im using a mac, and the installer for the patch seems to work but the data is not being updated! eg arshavin is not at arsenal when i start a new game, has nayone else had this?

just checked under preferences and it still think sim on v9.1!

im using mac, and the installer for the patch seems to work but the data is not being updated! eg arshavin is not at arsenal when i start a new game, has nayone else had this?

There's a few who are installing patch data to the wrong directory.

The default directory needs to be navigated too through the installer and the data should be installed in:

Applications-> Sports Interactive-> Football Manager 2009

Go to that folder and click on the FM application icon and it will tell you if the version is correct (It should say version 9.3).

Please give it another go and let me know if it's worked.

Can you tell me if your game runs fine afterwards and if you have the correct database?

It may be that the program is picking up some residual information from the previous install and is looking for the database but then finding it afterwards without a problem in the new location.

If the game is not working at all afterwards then I'll see if anyone has an answer for you.

Then game loads up and runs fine but with the default database.

How can I check that my patches are in the right place?

I have taken all steam applications and previous FM off my computer. Then I loaded up FM via uniloc and then downloaded patch 1.0 and 2.0 but that msg comes up.

There's a few who are installing patch data to the wrong directory.

The default directory needs to be navigated too through the installer and the data should be installed in:

Applications-> Sports Interactive-> Football Manager 2009

Go to that folder and click on the FM application icon and it will tell you if the version is correct (It should say version 9.3).

Please give it another go and let me know if it's worked.

hi steve thanks for the reply.

thats worked fine for me thanks. not the first time mac users have been ignored with this game, id suggest tagging this to the main thread or the faqs (sorry if its there but i didnt see it)

thanks again :)

I haven't heard any issues like this happening Pablo. Sorry your machine has stopped working.

I'm not quite sure how to resolve this but I can get someone to take a look at the issue, unfortunately we can't do much if it was a hardware failure, did you by any chance get to see any message on the BSoD before it shut down? What happens when you try to boot your machine now? Nothing at all?

I can't remember quite what it said on the blue screen. I would have paid a bit more attention if I'd known it would result in this! I have had the blue screen of death before on my laptop and it usually just re-starts. This was on my dell dimension 5000 desktop and unfortunately the 'death' side of the blue screen has become a reality! Now when I turn the pc on it makes a loud bleeping noise, then the fan sounds like its going to take off. Other than that nothing happens - even the monitor does not power up. Diagnostic buttons A&B are in yellow and C&D are in green. I have read the manual and it suggests 'a possible expansion card failure has occured'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing I would say is that if this has anything to do with downloading the file from Limewire, it might be a good shout to warn people of this. Cheers

Hi there,

I am playing FM09 on XP through Steam. It has automatically updated my game to 9.03 and it is working fine. The problem is that I don't want 9.03 it has knackered up my tactic which I spent ages working out. I was finally enjoying the game and now that has been ruined. I deleted the 9.03 update from the file but that doesn't matter. I tried starting up a new game but even using the 9.02 database it still says 9.3 when the game loads up. So I tried uninstalling FM09 and reinstalling. It's still 9.03! Did I miss something that I should have also uninstalled?

When I reinstalled through Steam I couldn't start the game for about 15mins. Was this because it was automatically installing 9.03? I changed the instructions to not auto update so I don't know why it did that.

Please help, I just want to get back to playing 9.02. Please let me know how I do this.

Thanks.

steam downloaded the patch 9.3 for me and now everytime the game loads up the sponser icons such as "kick racism out" and the psorts interactive sign that comes up at the start as the game loads up can barely be seen. it is jsut a dark blue outline. then once i am on the main page i click new game and it loads up the page but stays on the new game page...my mouse is able to click the leagues but i cannot see the leagues as the page stays on "new game, load game, load last game" page. what is the cause of this as it has started ever since i got the new patch. ive uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem continues to persist. plz help i have cleared my cache and it still wont shift it

steam downloaded the patch 9.3 for me and now everytime the game loads up the sponser icons such as "kick racism out" and the psorts interactive sign that comes up at the start as the game loads up can barely be seen. it is jsut a dark blue outline. then once i am on the main page i click new game and it loads up the page but stays on the new game page...my mouse is able to click the leagues but i cannot see the leagues as the page stays on "new game, load game, load last game" page. what is the cause of this as it has started ever since i got the new patch. ive uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem continues to persist. plz help i have cleared my cache and it still wont shift it

Have you made and changes to the graphics fmf files at all or downloaded any 3rd party skins, player pics etc.?

If so I'd advise deleting them and then deleting the cache again to see if that helps

mr_legalize - Are you loading up a previous save game when this warning comes up or starting a new game?

If it's when loading a previous save game then this warning is just a sort of reminder that the save game was created with a database that has now moved or no longer exists, it will not effect your game

Have forwarded your post on. I'm not sure what's causing this but can you get me your dxdiag please so we can take a look at it. Could be graphics driver related but I'm not sure.

to get your dxdiag do the following:

click start

click in the 'search' box

type "dxdiag"

press enter

Once the dxdiag program has saved all information click "save all information" and save the text file somewhere you'll remember.

Open it and copy/paste the information into a post here.

Cheers.

Hi Steve, hope this can be fixed... been looking forward to the new patch for a few weeks now!

http://rapidshare.com/files/203831972/DxDiag.txt.html

As requested

I'm having a bit of a problem with the graphics in only one area. Whenever I go into the information screen of any team my screen starts flashing black and the screen starts to tear. But if I switch to another screen everything is a-ok. I'm not really sure of the solution so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Ever since the patch .3 installed my pc keeps messing up shutting down while using FM, I have ATI 4800 HD graphics card on a new pc, I down loaded updated from there web site last nite, and today iv had 2 crashes alread to add to the 2 i had yesturday..!!

I'm having to replay 5 or 6 matches over again and its anoying. surly i can't be the only one with this problem?

I have a Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family-graphics controller in my portable.

Since I've installed the 3.0-patch the 3D-match view isn't working properly anymore.

My game freeze all the time --> when playing a match, suddenly, the screen freezes and I can't continue anymore.

My drivers are up to date, before the 3D worked 100% correct, it's since I've installed 3.0 that this problem has come along.

Is there any known issue about this???

can someone please explain why my confirm and cancel buttons have disappeared?

it means i cant confirm offers for transfers etc.

any help?

Are you using a custom skin? If so I suggest going back to the default skin and reloading the skin.

This can be done by going to Options > Preferences > Display & Sound > Untick 'Use Skin Cache' if it is already ticked and ticked 'Always Reload Skin On Confirm' then select confirm from the tree mwnu

I'm having a bit of a problem with the graphics in only one area. Whenever I go into the information screen of any team my screen starts flashing black and the screen starts to tear. But if I switch to another screen everything is a-ok. I'm not really sure of the solution so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

It sounds like your graphics card is struggling to show the 3D kits in the game, do you know if you have the latest up to date drivers for your graphics card? If you are not sure how to find out then I'll try to point you in the right direction

I have a Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family-graphics controller in my portable.

Since I've installed the 3.0-patch the 3D-match view isn't working properly anymore.

My game freeze all the time --> when playing a match, suddenly, the screen freezes and I can't continue anymore.

My drivers are up to date, before the 3D worked 100% correct, it's since I've installed 3.0 that this problem has come along.

Is there any known issue about this???

I have the exact same graphics card and I haven't experienced this problem.

What exactly are you doing when the game freezes? Are you just watching the 3D match or in the tactics or does it not matter?

Does the freeze happen the very first time you go to the 3D match or does it appear random and could happen in the 10th match you watch in 3D?

When the screen freezes how long have you waited to see if it comes back to life?

Does the whole computer freeze and have to be restarted or is it just the game?

I have the exact same graphics card and I haven't experienced this problem.

What exactly are you doing when the game freezes? Are you just watching the 3D match or in the tactics or does it not matter?

Does the freeze happen the very first time you go to the 3D match or does it appear random and could happen in the 10th match you watch in 3D?

When the screen freezes how long have you waited to see if it comes back to life?

Does the whole computer freeze and have to be restarted or is it just the game?

It's not in the first game that it freezes, it can be the 5th or 10th.

It was a League Cup-game and it went to penalties and I was watching the penalties, the first penalty was taken in "high speed" as I couldn't see anything and suddenly, the ball was in the back of the net, then it was again normal, but after the 4th penalty for my team, my GK ran to the goal for the opposition's penalty, and just before the goal line, my GK blocked, he kept running but didn't moved anymore, everything stood still, I've tried to push "pause" and "play", waited for 15 minutes but my GK kept running towards the goal without moving, then I was able to do my teamspeech, yet the game wasn't finished yet?

Also I want to point out that after the first penalty, which I couldn't see as it was taken at lightspeed, the engine returned to the 120th minute of the game in which my team had the final occasion to score, which we didn't, then it jumped back into the penalty-series were my team took it's third penalty (I've missed the second as I was watching a "replay" which I didn't asked for)

The engine itself flipped I suppose, afterwards I've waited more than 10 minutes, but because nothing happened anymore, I've closed the game (this went without any problems) but my pc works fine, so I didn't had to reboot him.

It was only the game going nuts, but again, the game itself wasn't freezed as I was able to close it down the normal way.

I have just installed 9.0.3 on my macbook with the newest OS X.

I have no confirm buttons as shown in these screenshots:

screencapturellz.png

w1064.png

screencapture1.th.png

I have deleted the cache files, and played around with all of the display settings within the game. What is going wrong? This is a pretty crucial part of the game that just does not work.

It's not in the first game that it freezes, it can be the 5th or 10th.

It was a League Cup-game and it went to penalties and I was watching the penalties, the first penalty was taken in "high speed" as I couldn't see anything and suddenly, the ball was in the back of the net, then it was again normal, but after the 4th penalty for my team, my GK ran to the goal for the opposition's penalty, and just before the goal line, my GK blocked, he kept running but didn't moved anymore, everything stood still, I've tried to push "pause" and "play", waited for 15 minutes but my GK kept running towards the goal without moving, then I was able to do my teamspeech, yet the game wasn't finished yet?

Also I want to point out that after the first penalty, which I couldn't see as it was taken at lightspeed, the engine returned to the 120th minute of the game in which my team had the final occasion to score, which we didn't, then it jumped back into the penalty-series were my team took it's third penalty (I've missed the second as I was watching a "replay" which I didn't asked for)

The engine itself flipped I suppose, afterwards I've waited more than 10 minutes, but because nothing happened anymore, I've closed the game (this went without any problems) but my pc works fine, so I didn't had to reboot him.

It was only the game going nuts, but again, the game itself wasn't freezed as I was able to close it down the normal way.

To clarify, has this only happened once during a penalty shootout?

when i start the game it always puts me onto the tv match screen, can you stop this?

There is a new option called "View Match" in patch 3 in which you can choose your default view

In the match screens you'll see this button before you enter your team talk, the option is in the bottom left of the screen (using the default 2009 skin).

If you change this to Classic View then all highlights will be shown in this view.

Please not that this option may not appear in custom skins

Archived