9.3.0 F.A.Q - Problems? Please check here.

do you have any firewall programs running that blocking access to internet 3rd party firewalls tend to cause this

I did, and i have activated it with no problems now.

I re-installed this game because of a problem i had loading a game, and i thought this might do the trick. It hasn't. I tried to start a new game, and it came up with an error about an error file being created in in "crash dumps" folder.

Do i need any files in the "crash dumps" folder?

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, i've deleted them, but it's made no difference. This is what it says:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been created in:YOUR-U2KZFIB7P8/C:/Documents and Settings/Chris/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/crash dumps".

The bit that's confusing me about that file location is the first bit, the YOUR-U2K...etc. Any ideas of how to find it?

This is all that i can read so far and it looks like the ntdll.dll file like i had on vista there are a few ways to try and fix this.

Executable search path is:

Windows XP Version 2600 (Service Pack 3) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible

Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS Personal

Machine Name:

Debug session time: Tue Apr 7 23:16:04.000 2009 (GMT+1)

System Uptime: not available

Process Uptime: 0 days 0:01:13.000

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.

The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.

(738.f74): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

eax=ffffffff ebx=00000000 ecx=03231ea8 edx=00000c9c esi=00000bd8 edi=00000738

eip=7c90e4f4 esp=0012eb54 ebp=0012eb64 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc

cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00000246

Unable to load image C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntdll.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntdll.dll

ntdll+0xe4f4:

7c90e4f4 c3 ret

1. Manual uninstall game (if done before skip) then re-install see if works

2. Uninstall Direct x and Direct SDK if you have then both then re-install see if works

3. Uninstall graphics and sound card then re-install drivers and software again. see if that works

4. if you have any Codecs uninstall them,

if all those fail then try putting a new ntdll.dll file in system32 but doubt this is the problem

If all that fails then there is only 1 way to fix problem that i can say works for certain is clean install windows last resort this is

it all points to the patch not been updated properly, maybe download the patch and try to install it again that way not via steam, or the other way is if its a boxed game install the other way as it may work like that better.

But as you said you copied the files to another folder it may have not copied all the necessary files needed to load database, you could try to copy them again.

also i have had a look and here is something to look at choose the custom database folder and direct it to the steam folder where the patch is at and or the other one in same place

dataeditor2009040722095.th.jpg

i changed the custom folder database thing that you showed me in your pic, and put it to the steam updates folder. i can still see the db's ready to edit, but when i click on 1 2 or 3 it says unable to load still. i've deleted the moved folders now, and i'm going to download patch 9.3.0 from somewhere now.

thank you alot Mufckingud7, i wouldn't have got it working without you :)

its working now, and the solution was one of 2 things. either downloading the patch outside of steam, or because i went to the editor in steam (rather then the one in the sports interactive folder that i had been using before)

again, thank you for all your help Mufckingud7

all the best

Calum

thank you alot Mufckingud7, i wouldn't have got it working without you :)

its working now, and the solution was one of 2 things. either downloading the patch outside of steam, or because i went to the editor in steam (rather then the one in the sports interactive folder that i had been using before)

again, thank you for all your help Mufckingud7

all the best

Calum

Your welcome and i am glad to have helped its just a shame that no SI staff are helping as often as i have been.

I tried updating the graphics card driver Steve.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked.

What graphics card you have? and sometimes updating drivers you need to uninstall old driver 1st then instal new 1 but often the driver package tends to do this for you. tell me what OS do you have? and the graphics card and i will see what i can do

gamestatus.png

I have downloaded the new patch and I have started getting this on my game status screen. I dont seem to have any other problems just this. I have tried deleting the cache file twice and reinstalling twice but I get nothing different. I wouldnt mind only I run a network game on my computer and it can make it a little tricky sometimes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

gamestatus.png

I have downloaded the new patch and I have started getting this on my game status screen. I dont seem to have any other problems just this. I have tried deleting the cache file twice and reinstalling twice but I get nothing different. I wouldnt mind only I run a network game on my computer and it can make it a little tricky sometimes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

re-install patch as this worked for me

Hi people

I installed the game and patch 9.3.0 and when I try to run the .exe to load the game I get this message:

"Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system"

Is this my old video card or some other problem?

Cheers

Martin

did that 3 times and its still happening i'l try again tho.

Not sure why then all i did was re-installed the 9.3 patch and it came on after that.

Hi people

I installed the game and patch 9.3.0 and when I try to run the .exe to load the game I get this message:

"Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system"

Is this my old video card or some other problem?

Cheers

Martin

Make sure you have updated your graphics driver or have 1 installed

Hi, bit of a problem

I have installed the new patch and ever since there are random numbers on every screen.

Its seems to be people titles or position. For example un Reina instead of goalkeeper it says 6701096 and so on...

I have used editor so dont know if that has anything to do with it!

this happens in a saved game and i've also removed FM and reinstalled it but still the same problem.

Any ideas what i can do?

Cheers

Hi, bit of a problem

I have installed the new patch and ever since there are random numbers on every screen.

Its seems to be people titles or position. For example un Reina instead of goalkeeper it says 6701096 and so on...

I have used editor so dont know if that has anything to do with it!

this happens in a saved game and i've also removed FM and reinstalled it but still the same problem.

Any ideas what i can do?

Cheers

Just go into the Preferences and there is an option that reads "Show Unique IDs". Just untick that

What graphics card you have? and sometimes updating drivers you need to uninstall old driver 1st then instal new 1 but often the driver package tends to do this for you. tell me what OS do you have? and the graphics card and i will see what i can do

Thanks for the help, my OS is Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xps and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.

Thanks for the help, my OS is Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xps and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.

Use this site http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us and allow the scan it will then find the drivers needed and hopefully it will give the link for the latest file then try that install

if that fails then uninstall the software and driver then reboot system and try to install the file again if it works then great if not then i will look again

Use this site http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us and allow the scan it will then find the drivers needed and hopefully it will give the link for the latest file then try that install

if that fails then uninstall the software and driver then reboot system and try to install the file again if it works then great if not then i will look again

I just tried all that. It diddn't work unfortunately.

have you got the updated driver or is it outdated

here is another way and that is to use some driver updating software

Yep, I have the updated driver.

TBH I wish I could go back in time and never buy this game, it's more trouble than what it's worth.

Really sorry if this has been mentioned before guys but please can you help me?

I play fm on a mac and recently updated my game to the 9.3.0 patch.

Everything works fine apart from the 3D match engine which has suddenly started getting massive lag and has a really jerky motion.

I was on 9.1.0 and the match engine was fine before, all running very smoothly.

Anyone know how I can solve this?

The mac I am using has the following specs:

imac 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

3GB ram

Currently running Mac OS X 10.5.6

Graphics card is the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help!

Cheers,

Will

Really sorry if this has been mentioned before guys but please can you help me?

I play fm on a mac and recently updated my game to the 9.3.0 patch.

Everything works fine apart from the 3D match engine which has suddenly started getting massive lag and has a really jerky motion.

I was on 9.1.0 and the match engine was fine before, all running very smoothly.

Anyone know how I can solve this?

The mac I am using has the following specs:

imac 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

3GB ram

Currently running Mac OS X 10.5.6

Graphics card is the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help!

Cheers,

Will

Make sure your graphics are up to date, that you have the latest direct x and any thing else needed

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem with graphics. Prior to the 18/3 ATI driver update, I had no problems whatsoever using 9.3. Since installing those drivers I have however now got the 'hair but no face' and the 'black pitch with only the odd player name visible in white' and the 'match engine is laggy as hell' bugs.

My OS is Windows XP (SP 3) and the graphics card is an X700 Sapphire Pro, I'm using a steam installed version of the game. As I said, I had no problem whatsoever with the game prior to the last official driver update. I have tried playing with the graphics card settings (anti-aliasing etc) with no joy over several hours today but am open to suggestions on what to try.

Any suggestions for a fix (other than rolling back to an older driver which will have an impact on other applications on my system)? Sadly there will be no further 'official' ATI driver updates for anything other than critical bugs as many cards were moved to the legacy schedule after the 18/3 driver update.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Zeb

have you read the F.A.Q.? if o and have done everything in there you may have to try and re-install the patch and maybe uninstall the drivers and re-install them this is all i can think of for now.

I have thanks (eg adaptive aliasing settings make no difference to the problems). I can't re-install just the patch (Steam install). Have tried re-installing the drivers (no change). The issue seems to be with the last batch of ATI drivers for Radeon cards as nothing else relevant has changed on my system which may point to some conflict with work done on the match engine for 9.3.

Thanks for the response, but hopefully SI will pick up on this as there seems like there are a few people who have this problem (there's an unanswered thread in the Match Engine/3d part of the forum with people with similar issues asking for help),

Zeb

edit: Just to confirm that going back to Catalyst 9.2 has resolved the problem (the problem seems to be with Catalyst 9.3). Obviously using older drivers to play the game is not ideal but may present a workaround solution for people who have had this problem since installing Catalyst 9.3 drivers for Radeon graphics cards.

Any Link to solution or solution via email from Mod to following prob?:

Mac user, Having played the game and 9.1.0 updated version without problem with disc, i download the (advised) 9.3.0 esellerate update, and Im asked to activate it , having read that there is no need to Mac to activate due to disk recognition i closed the window which opens with 'terms and conditions of purchase' etc. And for a limited time could play the game, however now I cant play, and all im left with is the terms and conditions window which wont even respond to my 'accept' re: the terms!

All i can remember from the first time it opened when i looked through is that it wanted to charge me £20.... but i have bought the game and never had to pay for any of the other update... this one cant cost £20 can it?! any help = mucho appreciated as I cant do anything at the moment!

Any Link to solution or solution via email from Mod to following prob?:

Mac user, Having played the game and 9.1.0 updated version without problem with disc, i download the (advised) 9.3.0 esellerate update, and Im asked to activate it , having read that there is no need to Mac to activate due to disk recognition i closed the window which opens with 'terms and conditions of purchase' etc. And for a limited time could play the game, however now I cant play, and all im left with is the terms and conditions window which wont even respond to my 'accept' re: the terms!

All i can remember from the first time it opened when i looked through is that it wanted to charge me £20.... but i have bought the game and never had to pay for any of the other update... this one cant cost £20 can it?! any help = mucho appreciated as I cant do anything at the moment!

have you read and tried this? http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2043207&postcount=1

The middle section of my regens faces seem to have lines running through them as a result I tried reloading the skin and deleting the cache file but with no success. Any help would be appreciated!

have you added any graphics for the regans etc such as hair packs

Archived