Lincs and Humber database Signup- Immingham

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow, the 17th of August 2007 sees the first meeting of Immingham and Cleethorpes! The squad looks ready with only Stotch (thigh strain, 2 weeks) and Draven Dark (Sprained Ankle, 2 weeks to a month) not match fit.

Keep requests coming in guys! Im done for the evening, but tomorrow expect more action!

I will post up a look at all the players before the first league game of the season along with some of the clubs details!

Thanks for posting guys and good luck for the big game tomorrow!!

Throughout Saturday tension was high among the squad, our pre-season rivals, Cleethorpes, who also started out in the same position as us dominated the media. They sat at 1-4 fav for the game, Oliver Ryan and Nicky Featherstone head up a strong attacking presence. The in form Immingham players need to shine but without Draven Dark, are they missing a key finisher? Can Simmonds or Bainbridge fill the hole?

Blundell Park hosts the game, its grass firm, the air hangs with the weight of the town. Only a few miles down the A180, and Grimsby seperates these two towns.

Nerves before kickoff will be high.

The Starting squads for this key game are

Clee

ST: O Ryan, N Featherstone

ML: E Flynn

MC: A Hildred, C Herd

MR: O Reed

DL: C Cross

DC: M Carbon, A Heath

DR: J Hill

GK: T Woodhead

Key Player- Nicky Featherstone is worth aprox 500k and looking to be breaking into the national squad, the ex Hull player will me a menace in the air!

Immingham

ST: P Gonzalez, D Bainbridge

ML: D Fogg

MC: A De Silva, R Oxley-Keogh

MR: P Fella

DL: C McEwan

DC: T Gooner, C Cambell

DR: J Sheppard

GK: B Hawkins

Key Player- Its hard to pick key players out of a midfield that is the engine room of the squad but De Silva has been stella in passing and assists.

On the bench for Immingham are: Brady, Shaw, Yu-Chong, Petersen, Simmonds, Clatworthy, Webster

The squads are lead out and the Immingham captain Fogg seems to be beaming with pride! The stadium looks about a quater full but Blundell park is a little large for this level, Cleethorpes definatly have hopes of breaking into the top league. Their squad looks fit and strong, they have underperformed of late but that doesnt show on their faces tonight!

The detail is not going to be this intense all the way through! I will run of words soon! I will keep the detail for key games but I will run the normal league games and only post up ratings sheets and league position updates. Are we all ready for kickoff?

Under a wet but warm summer evening sky the game kicks off.

3 mins- Pablo Gonzalez goes down in pain and is helped off.

28 mins- Its all Cleethorpes, chances but the Immingham goal is very well tended!

38 Mins- Four immaculate passes see Cleethorpes tear open Immingham from the back on a counter attack, Herd scores from the D as Campbell falls off him. The home stand erupt and rush to congraulate him, you can see how much this means!

42 mins- Cleethorpes struggle to keep the momentum as Immingham start to have chances!

HT

The second half kicks off under a drizzle but it looks to be clearing, the attendance has been confirmed at 2195, that is about 1/4 full but the away stand looks bursting! Well done Immingham!

45 mins onwards- The pressure from Immingham continues with early chances.

69 mins- FOUL!!! PENALTY!! The ref signals freekick on the left hand top edge of the box to Immingham... Bainbridge steps up with Fella, who is going to take it? Both look to run up... Bainbridge strikes it for the top left corner, it skims over the jumping wall... I dont think Woodhead read this right, the U21 tipped goalkeeper is to slow! WOW! Bainbridge levels the match! What a screamer!!! It dips under the bar and bows out the back netting! Cleethorpes cannot belive this! That must have had perfect spin and control to stay down from such close range!

70 mins- Immingham on a high take control of the game, posession and momentum stay in their favour. This is what Cleethorpes couldnt do after scoring!

83 mins- Bainbridge runs out to the right corner flag, dribbling well and drawing in two defenders. The box looks full of Yellow and Clee panic to defend this promising attack. Black and Grey shirts race forward! Bainbridge tries to cross but can only pass to Fella on the corner of the box, Fella is blocked by 3 defenders but open Simmonds, the early replacement for Gonzalez screams for the ball. The pass across the edge of the 6 yard box is met first time by Simmonds... He blasts it into the empty left side of the net, Woodhead was looking at Fella! What a pass!! Now playing into their away fans the whole Immingham squad flood behind the net to celebrate, some stand on the hoardings!

Immingham hold on against little pressure, Clee lost all heart a long time ago! Maybe the most important difference between the two squads is whats inside!

Final Score

Cleethorpes 1-2 Immingham Town

I hope I will cover everything you guys want in the pre season overview coming up this afternoon. Just off to watch the GP then I will get started! After that I will speed up the running of the game! I will still have the detail for the key games! I cant wait to see what happens in the league!

Do you mind waiting till then for a player screenie? Thanks

Caretaker Manager John Cockerill preffers a 4-4-2 with an attacking edge to the midfield. The team plays pretty narrow, usually looking for through balls into the middle on breaks.

Draven Dark may be preffered to Bainbridge when fit. It is yet to see how he rotates the squad and if others need to be brought in. So far funds do not allow any purchases and recently wage budget allowance is being filled by staff and coaches joining the club. Nothing notable though.

Hope you guys are enjoying the logos and the teams! The database is up for download and a seperate skins pack is in the thread too!

Next Games (Date H/A

25/8/07 H Harrowby United

8/9/07 A Spalding

14/9/07 H Winterton

29/9/07 A Holbeach

Im going to do these as a block and give you an update soon, following those games we have Spalding in the trophy and then Clee in the league! So those two will be in more detail! Looking forward to it!

Promotion odds-

Clee 4/5, Immingham join 3rd at 2/1!!

League matches in August

<A HREF="http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8936/harrowbyux7.jpg" TARGET=_blank>25/8/07 H Immingham 1-1 Harrowby UnitedURL]

8/9/07 A Spalding 1-1 Immingham</A>

14/9/07 H Immingham 4-1 Winterton

29/9/07 A Holbeach 1-1 Immingham

A roasting hot 32 deg C, 1411 fans. Immingham host Spalding in the continuation of the Conoco National League Trophy Group stage.

Immingham 3-1 Spalding

Dixon Bainbridge slides one across goal on 13 minutes for the opening score. The game is held at this until 53 minutes when Spalding equalise. Dark gets on the end of a De Silva cross in the 73rd min. Gonzalez seals the win in the 87th.

Monday 15th Oct 2007

Immingham host their rivals clee today.

The weather for this evening will be blustery showers with bright spells but possible gale force winds!

Immingham

FC: P Gonzalez, D Bainbridge

ML: M Yu-Chong

MC: A De Silva, R Oxley-Keogh

MR: P Fella

DL: C McEwan

DC: T Gooner, C Campbell

DR: J Sheppard

GK: B Hawkins

Subs: Brady, Simmonds, Clatworthy, Dark, Stotch, Petersen, Fogg

Clee

FC: O Ryan, N Featherstone

ML: E Flynn

MC: G Botham. C Herd

MR: O Reed

DL: C Cross

DC: M Carbon, J Hill

DR: J Ward

GK: T Woodhead

Immingham have suffered during poor weather games in the past, can they overcome a weakend Clee team who are fresh from a loss? They are short one or two players and look jaded. Can Immingham capitalise? Can they put one over their rivals again? Where will they be in the table after this encounter?

Archived