How to get U18s / Reserves leagues in custom edited new league system | Football Manager Editor 2021

rrtyn14

I spent a while figuring this out and found limited support on the forums for recent FMs so wanted to share for the FM21 Editor: if you create a new league, for example in a new nation, and you want an U18s league to happen automatically, do this...

... first set up all the rules for the nation and divisions you want in the Editor (you automatically start in the editor as 'basic rules') then go to the Rules tab at the top and 'Convert to Advanced Rules'. On the lower left option panel you will see your country as the first thing in the list, then look down below it as see 'Reserve Rules'. Tick the box at the top of this section titled 'Reserve Teams to Create' and select the type (e.g. U18s). At the bottom of this panel you can also tick 'Leagues with non-optional reserve teams' and you should enter your leagues in here (make sure you've created the leagues prior). See attached photo for guidance.

Back to the lower left panel there is a drop down below Reserve Rules called 'Reserve Leagues'. See photo. Here you can add for your main division or lower division. You will be presented with another drop down in the lower left allowing you to click on what you've created in detail. Make sure you specify the type here (U18s) and maybe something like 'Mirror main division' so it replicates the senior fixtures. Where it says 'Competition' select the main senior competition, for it to mirror. There are other details here if you're partial.

Then save and test, but note that if you revert to Basic Rules you will lose Advanced Rules you've just created I think, which is why I suggest doing this last after everything else. 

I have tried this for Kazakhstan leagues today and in the second season my Champions who went to the Champions League also saw their U18 team in the Youth Champions League playing against other U18 teams from Europe, as well as competing in the domestic U18s league I had created. This European side of things only kicked in the second season once I had completed a whole season with my new league. 

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 15.13.06.png

Edited by rrtyn14

• rrtyn14 changed the title to How to get U18s / Reserves leagues in custom edited new league system | Football Manager Editor 2021
On 29/11/2020 at 16:10, rrtyn14 said:

Then save and test, but note that if you revert to Basic Rules you will lose Advanced Rules you've just created I think, which is why I suggest doing this last after everything else. 

Yes, this is correct

@baasblack, I'm not sure as I opted for 'mirror main division' which means each season the youth leagues will consist of teams in main leagues (i.e. youth promotion/relegation will also mirror main teams... if your team got promoted from 2nd to 1st division, so will your youth). There are alternative's to the 'mirror' options which I have not fully explored that may allow independent promotion

Edited by rrtyn14

15 minutes ago, rrtyn14 said:

@baasblack, I'm not sure as I opted for 'mirror main division' which means each season the youth leagues will consist of teams in main leagues (i.e. youth promotion/relegation will also mirror main teams... if your team got promoted from 2nd to 1st division, so will your youth). There are alternative's to the 'mirror' options which I have not fully explored that may allow independent promotion

Easy way is to set reserve rules with regions set. For national leagues you will have same leagues as main team and thats not problem. In regional leagues you need to set like this:

Screenshot_217.thumb.png.dc5a98d6fe6b0f397a8162d4b0c3297d.png

Type is regional division, set region and all other settings. This way you will make 1 reserve league with 16 clubs from that specific region at level 2.

In reality - same as level 3 league from that region.

After that i added same settings for each region using teams from level 3.

On 07/12/2020 at 17:36, baasblack said:

Thanks I already fixed it, now i have U19 with Promotion and relegation

Hey @baasblack could you please explain how you managed to get the promotion and regulation set? Much appreciated!

Edited by Wazakii

14 hours ago, Wazakii said:

Hey @baasblack could you please explain how you managed to get the promotion and regulation set? Much appreciated!

ofcourse 

In the beginning I made the mistake to create the U19 teams under the wrong tab. 

First create your competitions you would like to add to a pyramid. 

competition.thumb.png.91e08877bf4335eecb341cfe7f900ee0.png

when your competition is created then you need clubs. but first you need to create ingame U19 teams I will show you how. 

U19.thumb.png.5b5d022c5448aec0f11e080a29665252.png

if you see under the second teams you see U19 teams thats where you create ingame teams. 

The place with the cross is where you shouldn't create it, that way worked in FM20 but not FM21 

You see Columbus crew but its also possible to go to a main competition and under teams tab to use shift and editing multiple teams. 

but the teams must have nothing under second teams otherwise you will add and you will see nothing changes because some teams have already a team there/ 

if you create a team this way you can see at the left the created team 

clumbus.thumb.png.ec610d230e1efe1d1197c799266a51c6.png

remember dont add all the teams one by one,but just add multiple at once with holding shift.

583176798_mulitpleatonce.thumb.png.77052c9c8bf873be2d4d36d7246d959f.png

here you can see I search for teams in the USA, hold shift  and afther that klick on (Bewerken) down right 

385448526_multipleadding.thumb.png.8c103bba1a20ce78e2b15e7fb2121709.png

now i am Adding Multiple clubs to get the U19 teams when you finish that go in the database back to your U19 teams competition and start adding them to the competition that way you can also add them all at once. again with shift i believe. 

1146558887_teamsu19.thumb.jpg.ab657bc880d03dc6e2a884f116f9858d.jpg

This is my U 19 teams competition. 

now you are going to add them in the rules. 

Go to the rules of the nation your editing.

there you will see second teams

rules.thumb.png.354e15bb1f4211ea425a9c3a3679008b.pngThe setting I choose is to use my own divisions and cup tournaments. 

On the left side you see divisions

When you add your competition it will be shown there because now you use in game U19 teams 

image.thumb.png.663a0f93443813fcffc16baa5ec229e3.pngThere you see my pyramid. when you add competition here you can set the rounds and subs rules and promotion place and relegation.

Ofcourse have the first competition no promotion and the last one no relegation. 

I hope you understand it now, the thing is creating the U19 teams that has to be in the database thats different from previous years.

image.png

image.png

On 14/12/2020 at 06:02, baasblack said:

ofcourse 

In the beginning I made the mistake to create the U19 teams under the wrong tab. 

when your competition is created then you need clubs. but first you need to create ingame U19 teams I will show you how. 

if you see under the second teams you see U19 teams thats where you create ingame teams. 

The place with the cross is where you shouldn't create it, that way worked in FM20 but not FM21 

You see Columbus crew but its also possible to go to a main competition and under teams tab to use shift and editing multiple teams. 

but the teams must have nothing under second teams otherwise you will add and you will see nothing changes because some teams have already a team there/ 

remember dont add all the teams one by one,but just add multiple at once with holding shift.

here you can see I search for teams in the USA, hold shift  and afther that klick on (Bewerken) down right 

now i am Adding Multiple clubs to get the U19 teams when you finish that go in the database back to your U19 teams competition and start adding them to the competition that way you can also add them all at once. again with shift i believe. 

rules.thumb.png.354e15bb1f4211ea425a9c3a3679008b.pngThe setting I choose is to use my own divisions and cup tournaments. 

When you add your competition it will be shown there because now you use in game U19 teams 

image.thumb.png.663a0f93443813fcffc16baa5ec229e3.pngThere you see my pyramid. when you add competition here you can set the rounds and subs rules and promotion place and relegation.

Ofcourse have the first competition no promotion and the last one no relegation. 

I hope you understand it now, the thing is creating the U19 teams that has to be in the database thats different from previous years.

image.png

image.png

Your Washington league did you create that? so if i follow these steps the league will be playable in fm21? also with me just creating the league and under the U18 rules well in your photo its U19 but Under 18 rules would it just be the teams i added to U18 so it wont be all teams in the Nation that have U18 teams it will just be teams i added to the league?

Edited by Fmfan00

On 15/12/2020 at 17:13, Fmfan00 said:

Your Washington league did you create that? so if i follow these steps the league will be playable in fm21? also with me just creating the league and under the U18 rules well in your photo its U19 but Under 18 rules would it just be the teams i added to U18 so it wont be all teams in the Nation that have U18 teams it will just be teams i added to the league?

Yes I created everything by my self. The U19 Teams works, I use it together with the Worldwide CL and even my U19 teams participate in that.

Only very annoying thing is that its not possible to start in 2020 and cannot Use nashville and Inter miami in the beginning. They will be available later. 

Thats because they are hardcoded in to the MLS when you check on them in the game. 

When MLS dissapears you can use them. 

It doesnt matter if you use U19 or U18 it all works the same, you can pick the one you like. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2020 at 06:02, baasblack said:

ofcourse 

image.png

image.png

I understand everything up until the screenshot of where you list your league and your 5 U19 divisions.. I have my Academy League created but the screenshot above where it shows the U19 and the reserve I am not sure where to add the U19 to that as I have the reserve already created there as you can see below... I know I have to change the U18 to not show for the division... I am just wondering how u go to the spot of where to add the U19 as well as the League and the Divisions... since I have already created the Academy league in my save file

image.thumb.png.3ab0034d1cc90beb3618a7baa21b0f1b.png