English Rules - Team Numbers

giglet13

I went to do some minor edits (add a relgation playoff between prem an championship & alter sub numbers in top 2 divisions)

Went to test this and got the below:
1061979936_ScreenShot2020-11-24at08_32_53.png.0df4e39685a1e287bf54525a37919374.png

I've not touched ANY of these areas?? Normally I can decipher if there is one off mismatch and it links to something I've edited. Any ideas??

A tonne of European leagues are broken in advanced editor this year. Its a real standout edition of Fm21.

Dont bother with the editor or the game until its fixed, numbers will probably drive the devs to correct the issues.

1 hour ago, giglet13 said:

I went to do some minor edits (add a relgation playoff between prem an championship & alter sub numbers in top 2 divisions)

1061979936_ScreenShot2020-11-24at08_32_53.png.0df4e39685a1e287bf54525a37919374.png

I've not touched ANY of these areas?? Normally I can decipher if there is one off mismatch and it links to something I've edited. Any ideas??

Try saving your nation rules as an .xml and then edit it using notepad and then making the changes yourself, save the .xml, load it back up in the editor, save as an .fmf and then test nation rules.

10 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Try saving your nation rules as an .xml and then edit it using notepad and then making the changes yourself, save the .xml, load it back up in the editor, save as an .fmf and then test nation rules.

I've seen an article on that but I can't see where i need to add the edits , tried to follow but there are several 100 lines it seems ? Is there an article/link or advice can share to do that?

23 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

I've seen an article on that but I can't see where i need to add the edits , tried to follow but there are several 100 lines it seems ? Is there an article/link or advice can share to do that?

When you’ve got FM21 open, look for each unique ID for each competition.

On Notepad, press Ctrl+F to find the unique ID in the file, you’ll see lines of code for minimum and maximum number of teams.

Change these settings to what it says in your error message for each competition.

Save the xml, either overwriting your current file or as a new one.

Re-load the FM21 editor and then load your XML. Test your nation rules, and if all are correct, save your file as an .fmf file.

12 hours ago, giglet13 said:

Had the same thing and judging by the comments here the devs need to fix it. It is never ending trying to fix what should already be working.

Edited by aaronpassfield

16 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

It seems like England needs entirely rebuilding from the conference down in this version of the game. Well, that is at least a nice weekend project for me I guess. 

Check out this thread before you dedicate your time to it.

12 hours ago, aaronpassfield said:

Had the same thing and judging by the comments here the devs need to fix it. It is never ending trying to fix what should already be working.

Read what I’ve said above your post, this will solve your problem. You don’t need to wait for the devs to fix it when we can make the changes ourselves.

2 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Read what I’ve said above your post, this will solve your problem. You don’t need to wait for the devs to fix it when we can make the changes ourselves.

I tried your solution last night and it didn't work.

1 minute ago, FCUtdWill said:

What changes did you make to the xml?

changed the min and max teams for each comp that had an error and set same as those listed in the error. But the same errors were still there e.g. I changed VNL to 23 and 23 but even after importing the updated xml the error was still saying the rules were looking for 24 teams and found 23.

2 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

changed the min and max teams for each comp that had an error and set same as those listed in the error. But the same errors were still there e.g. I changed VNL to 23 and 23 but even after importing the updated xml the error was still saying the rules were looking for 24 teams and found 23.

You’ll need to change them from 23 on each to min 22, max 24 for the National League; min 20 max 22 for the North/South divisions; min 18, max 22 for all Level 7 and 8 divisions.

12 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

You’ll need to change them from 23 on each to min 22, max 24 for the National League; min 20 max 22 for the North/South divisions; min 18, max 22 for all Level 7 and 8 divisions.

Ok thanks, have you tested this then? Do you know about all of the youth leagues that are messed up?

6 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

Ok thanks, have you tested this then? Do you know about all of the youth leagues that are messed up?

I’ve tested it in the nation rules and everything’s verified. It’s just getting the database to load in the game.

Yes I do know about them, follow the same steps for those leagues as you did with Levels 5-8.

6 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Stayed in basic for now but I’ve had a look in advanced and verified there too.

Verified including Step 3. Realised I hadn't changed the VNL I had changed League 1 :onmehead:I'll put this down to late night editing.

Thanks for your help, Will. Good to know for future too.

1 minute ago, aaronpassfield said:

Verified including Step 3. Realised I hadn't changed the VNL I had changed League 1 :onmehead:I'll put this down to late night editing.

Thanks for your help, Will. Good to know for future too.

That's good, no problem at all Aaron, give me a shout if you require any more help.

There is a problem adding Macclesfield back into the National League however as it says maximum should be 23 despite setting the min and max to be 22 and 24 respectively. When they introduce a patch to allow custom databases to be played, that should disappear as you can still verify them in the nation rules.

I actually changed the EFL to min and max to 22 and 24 to be honest, it makes no difference as they're on a full complement of 24 clubs each.

Did you change the youth rules as well?

16 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

That's good, no problem at all Aaron, give me a shout if you require any more help.

There is a problem adding Macclesfield back into the National League however as it says maximum should be 23 despite setting the min and max to be 22 and 24 respectively. When they introduce a patch to allow custom databases to be played, that should disappear as you can still verify them in the nation rules.

I actually changed the EFL to min and max to 22 and 24 to be honest, it makes no difference as they're on a full complement of 24 clubs each.

Did you change the youth rules as well?

I did youth yesterday and just made the change on VNL tonight. Did you test yours? I just checked after adding Step 3 and it doesn't show as playable but I have changed in the rules. I don't really want to go into advanced rules until I have added everything I want in Basic and it is at least functioning.

1 minute ago, aaronpassfield said:

I did youth yesterday and just made the change on VNL tonight. Did you test yours? I just checked after adding Step 3 and it doesn't show as playable but I have changed in the rules. I don't really want to go into advanced rules until I have added everything I want in Basic and it is at least functioning.

Ah good good. I've tested all the way down to Level 10, was all valid, but I've not done anything with promotion and relegation from Level 7 downwards. 

Yeah, custom databases aren't working in England at the moment, as long as it's working in the rules, when they fix this problem you should be able to see them in game.

4 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Ah good good. I've tested all the way down to Level 10, was all valid, but I've not done anything with promotion and relegation from Level 7 downwards. 

Yeah, custom databases aren't working in England at the moment, as long as it's working in the rules, when they fix this problem you should be able to see them in game.

Ah ok that explains it then, didn't realise it was affecting the playability just thought it was the OP error. Cool, guess ill just add for now and when the fix is here hopefully it shows up.