[Wales] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Wales here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for Wales should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• SI Staff

Hi @Lewis31m. That looks like it could be an error with what the Inbox message is meant to be telling you.

We definitely have nothing entered with that year in the competition's history page.
Did Newtown AFC last win the Welsh Cup 126 years ago? I think that could it.

Could you post your issue in a new thread in this part of the forum? Cheers for spotting it - https://community.sigames.com/forum/828-all-other-gameplay/

Cheers for spotting the issue and raising it to us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nathan Leonard (ID:74032025) Player / Assistant Manager at Guilsfield

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/06/18/guilsfield-nathan-leonard-oswestry-town/

Nick Jones (ID:74058781) Player / Assistant Manager at Llanrhaeadr

https://www.countytimes.co.uk/sport/18924562.new-joint-manager-coach-unveiled-llanrhaeadr/

Callum Vaughan (ID:35151057) Player / First Team Coach at Llanrhaeadr

https://www.countytimes.co.uk/sport/18924562.new-joint-manager-coach-unveiled-llanrhaeadr/

On 28/12/2020 at 15:47, yCymro said:

Bernie Jones is staying as manager as far as I am aware.  Even the few source links say this.

Bernie is assistant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

- For years now, the Principality (Millennium) Stadium has been set as hosting 'major senior international matches' in the game, when in reality it's only hosted a post-Euro 2016 friendly with Spain in the last - what - 8-10 years? That wasn't a success, and I don't see a desire from anyone to return there any time soon, so I think it should be removed completely; not even having 'minor matches' there.

From a senior perspective, I'd have Cardiff City Stadium set to host major matches, with the Liberty Stadium and The Racecourse hosting minor matches, seeing as we played Trinidad & Tobago at The Racecourse a couple of years ago and played USA at the Liberty earlier this year.

- The 'attendance', 'minimum attendance' and 'maximum attendance' fields are all set to zero in the editor. Should they be filled in?

- The captain needs changing from Ashley Williams to Gareth Bale. In terms of vice-captain, I'd guess it's Aaron Ramsey, but don't think it's ever been mentioned officially. Joe Rodon has taken the armband from Bale when he's been substituted, but that's been when Ramsey's not there.

- Geraint Williams is set as having the responsibility to pick the U19 team, when he's not actually involved (nor set in-game) with the Wales setup anymore.

Thanks. 

Edited by BluebirdsCCFC

Thanks for all this. I will take a look and make necessary changes. 

I know there is no desire to return to the Millennium Stadium and CCS is indeed their 'home' venue. I don't think the Racecourse currently meets the requirements to hold international first-team games at present, they couldn't even host European games involving Welsh clubs there, but will look into this and replicate as accurately as possible. 

With regards to captaincy, that does need to be changed to Bale - as for vice, I would probably lean towards Gunter as there is no clear second choice. Ramsey and others have worn the armband, but unless you strongly disagree I would suggest that if Gunter was on the pitch, it would default to him. 

I'll have to look into Geraint Williams, I remember updating coaching staff prior to release of FM21 so I'm not sure how he is there if he's not meant to be.

Edited by Colorado

On 07/09/2021 at 07:27, Colorado said:

Thanks for all this. I will take a look and make necessary changes. 

I know there is no desire to return to the Millennium Stadium and CCS is indeed their 'home' venue. I don't think the Racecourse currently meets the requirements to hold international first-team games at present, they couldn't even host European games involving Welsh clubs there, but will look into this and replicate as accurately as possible. 

With regards to captaincy, that does need to be changed to Bale - as for vice, I would probably lean towards Gunter as there is no clear second choice. Ramsey and others have worn the armband, but unless you strongly disagree I would suggest that if Gunter was on the pitch, it would default to him. 

I'll have to look into Geraint Williams, I remember updating coaching staff prior to release of FM21 so I'm not sure how he is there if he's not meant to be.

Sounds good to me. Re: Geraint Williams, I should've said that he's not actually contracted to Wales in the game, but there seems to be some sort of 'leftover' as his name features within the 'Responsibilities' section (of the Editor, anyway).

Also, Eliot Evans at Cardiff Met is listed as English in-game, but he's actually Welsh. He's represented Wales 'C' a few times and his Twitter profile confirms it: https://twitter.com/eliotevans26?lang=en.

Last thing: do head researchers have any input into the 'home reputation' given to players of their country, or is that a club researcher thing? There's been a big shake-up in players getting selected for the national senior side since Euro 2016, but a few of the 'old guard' seem to be getting called up ahead of the younger players who have been in favour for a while now. I'm not sure whether to post about that here or in each club thread (I'm hoping the former!).

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...