The Liverpool Thread 05/06 - Former Champions of Europe

Justified

REAL MADRID have compiled a secret dossier on Steven Gerrard’s habits to determine if he can be a Galactico.

Real director of football Arrigo Sacchi revealed: “Before signing a player we like to know everything about him as a man.

“We have him watched to know what he’s like with his team-mates, coach and friends, what he eats, his character.â€

Liverpool skipper Gerrard, 25, is set to discuss a deal extension to 2009.

Real do not believe he will sign it and plan to force down his £30million price-tag by delaying a bid.

Sacchi said: “We will do something but we are not in a hurry.â€

• Replies 40.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, ok Real Madrid - delay your offer so he signs a new contract in the meanwhile, therefore forcing up his value icon_biggrin.gif

Gerrard is going nowhere. The only stuff goping against that is the media despitate not to lose their #1 story (after "Gerrard to..." took the top spot when it was clear "Vieira to Real Madrid" wasn't going to happen).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Heh, ok Real Madrid - delay your offer so he signs a new contract in the meanwhile, therefore forcing up his value icon_biggrin.gif

Gerrard is going nowhere. The only stuff goping against that is the media despitate not to lose their #1 story (after "Gerrard to..." took the top spot when it was clear "Vieira to Real Madrid" wasn't going to happen). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many times has it now been said that Stevie is staying, by Stevie himself!!? It's ridiculous, why can't they think of something new to write that actually has some chance of coming to fruition?

Let's hope this can all be put to bed next week when Stevie finally signs his contract icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Emre waits on Premiership switch

Turkish international Emre Belozoglu is waiting for Inter Milan to reach an agreement with the four Premiership clubs interested in signing him.

The 24-year-old is currently on holiday in Istanbul and his agent, Ahmet Bulut, told BBC Sport: "The clubs Emre wants must find an agreement with Inter.

"Emre will play in the Premiership next season and we hope the interested clubs can agree a fee with Inter next week.

"We have four clubs interested in him - Newcastle, Everton and two others."

Newcastle are understood to be the favourites to sign the player - with reports on Friday suggesting a £4m deal worth £60,000-a-week.

But Bulut said: "I cannot say about a fee because I am just the agent of the player.

"We cannot have an agreement with any of the interested clubs until a fee has been agreed with Inter."

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has been tracking the midfielder for some time, while Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal as well as Everton have also been linked.

Emre played only 19 Serie A games for Inter last season and missed the two-legged Coppa Italia final after picking up a groin injury.

Newcastle have stepped up their close-season team-building plans, having shipped both Andy O'Brien and Laurent Robert out to Portsmouth.

Deportivo La Coruna defender Jorge Andrade claims that Newcastle are interested in him, while Souness has also admitted an interest in bringing Real Madrid's Portuguese star Luis Figo to St James Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've been linked a bit with him as it says. Wouldn't surprise me if we were one of the four clubs in for him. He was fb at the World Cup, but I haven't seen much of him since.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

He's gone to Newcastle. They're signing him next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i posted that in the newcastle thread this morning, it has gone ahead hasn't it? icon_confused.gif

Hrm, sorry to sound like a brken record, but can we changer the thread title? The Champions of europe bit just looks a bit too stuck on and the spelling mistake makes me feel uncomfortable icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one listens to us... icon_frown.gif

Hrm, sorry to sound like a brken record, but can we changer the thread title? The Champions of europe bit just looks a bit too stuck on and the spelling mistake makes me feel uncomfortable icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be happy if we just dropped the 'champions of europe' bit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrissybabe:

I'd be happy if we just dropped the 'champions of europe' bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the "05/06" bit looks wrong.

"The Liverpool 05/06 Season Thread" works. Optional "Official", as it's not there will be an unofficial one, until Padrico comes back, but then again that'll just be closed in 3 seconds.

I think you spend too much time looking at the title thread icon_biggrin.gif

If that makes you feel uncomfortable wait till you get out into the real world icon_rolleyes.gif

These things DO make me uncomfortable though icon_biggrin.gif These things have to be right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet you iron your socks and make sure the different foods on your plate never mix icon_biggrin.gif

Those things don't annoy me, but the thread title doesn't look right icon_mad.gif It just doesn't work icon_mad.gif This is going to be a massive thread and as it stands we look like idiots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill out man - was just teasing icon_eek.gif

Can the mods not make the necessary changes ??

Jolly good - then we can get onto debating more serious matters like why the hell there seems to be only an exit door at Anfield and no Entrance ??

When is the deadline for registering players for the CL ??

Err, not very far away, but that's for the first qualifiers only - there are new registration dates for every round so it's not a worry on that front.

As for the lack of overall movement... Hrm. I still say it's pretty early. This time next month we could have still made no signings but come the close of the window we'll have 4/5/6 new players. I think there will be activity on the Kuijt front (spelt Kuijt, but on his shirt it's Kuyt because you can't have IJ on a shirt - like RvN's) this week and after that who knows? I still say if we bring in Kuijt, Milito and Reina it'll be a good summer. We also need a LB and the Evra story is well and truely dead ATM. Also need a right midfielder but it looks as though SWP is no longer an option and the Joaquin story may be nothing more than rumour.

Wait and see, I suppose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rafalution:

why cant you have IJ on a shirt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks like "U"? I dunno, that's the reason I heard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Filip Smet:

It's no problem, it's spelled KUYT anyway.

Ah, must not be easy all those foreign names. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnit, now I'm confused as well. His official site says Kuyt.... but other sites say Kuijt..

It's probably the same thing then then happened with Cruijff, his name is spelled as Cruyff everywhere else because the uij combination is so strange to foreign (even Flemish) eyes

Anyway, I can use the excuse of a foreign name too, he's Dutch and not Belgian anyway icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I doubt anyone's seen him play but you never know. Has anyone seen him play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I haven’t seen him play, but a Sevillista said me that he is better than Sergio Ramos, I doubt it. He played for Sevilla U18, Sevilla have one of the best youth academies in Spain, they lost the Copa del Rey U18s semi-finals against Barça days ago, they won the first leg (June 14th) 3-1 (with Barragan) and they lost the second leg (June 18th) 2-0 without Barragan (Sevilla knew that week that he were a l’pool player). He (my friend) said me that Liverpool has offered Josemi to Sevilla.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I doubt anyone's seen him play but you never know. Has anyone seen him play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I haven’t seen him play, but a Sevillista said me that he is better than Sergio Ramos, I doubt it. He played for Sevilla U18, Sevilla have one of the best youth academies in Spain, they lost the Copa del Rey U18s semi-finals against Barça days ago, they won the first leg (June 14th) 3-1 (with Barragan) and they lost the second leg (June 18th) 2-0 without Barragan (Sevilla knew that week that he were a l’pool player). He (my friend) said me that Liverpool has offered Josemi to Sevilla. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good stuff icon14.gif Thanks.

Archived