[Asia] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Asia competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Asia competitions should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

I have just played an Asian Champions League game against Al-Hilal and they played 6 foreigners in the starting line up. I'm sure this is against the competition registration rules as it states that you are only allowed to register 4 foreign players with 1 being Asian.

As you can see in the screenshot they had Jang Hyun-Soo, Gustavo Cuellar, Andre Carillo, Sebastian Giovinco, Luciano Vietto and Bafetimbi Gomis in the starting line up. I've checked and none of these players have Saudi second nationality.

Screenshot (21).png

Having looked into it further it also seems to be the case for a lot of other teams in the AI vs AI Asian Champions League games too

Edited by Flashman\'s School Days
update

• SI Staff
On 14/11/2020 at 14:52, Flashman\'s School Days said:

I have just played an Asian Champions League game against Al-Hilal and they played 6 foreigners in the starting line up. I'm sure this is against the competition registration rules as it states that you are only allowed to register 4 foreign players with 1 being Asian.

As you can see in the screenshot they had Jang Hyun-Soo, Gustavo Cuellar, Andre Carillo, Sebastian Giovinco, Luciano Vietto and Bafetimbi Gomis in the starting line up. I've checked and none of these players have Saudi second nationality.

Screenshot (21).png

Having looked into it further it also seems to be the case for a lot of other teams in the AI vs AI Asian Champions League games too

This is a known issue which is logged in our system but the cause is very complicated.  We are working on a fix for this for a future update to the game.

On 14/11/2020 at 23:52, Flashman\'s School Days said:

Screenshot (21).png

It is a very old problem. Please fix it, SI!

fm.png

image.thumb.png.0cb73e6721cb6b0646413fcaf6d98e01.pngHello, I'd like to report an issue related to the Asian Cup Qualifier. Neither Qatar nor China should appear here: Qatar have finished top in the pervious round (a qualifier round used for both World Cup and Asian Cup, which means they will be granted a place in the Asian Cup but the corrsponding WCQ slot will be given away as Qatar is the WC 2022 host); China is the host of 2023 Asian Cup so should not compete in this round whatever position they finished in the previous round. 

image.png

16 minutes ago, anshide said:

image.thumb.png.0cb73e6721cb6b0646413fcaf6d98e01.pngHello, I'd like to report an issue related to the Asian Cup Qualifier. Neither Qatar nor China should appear here: Qatar have finished top in the pervious round (a qualifier round used for both World Cup and Asian Cup, which means they will be granted a place in the Asian Cup but the corrsponding WCQ slot will be given away as Qatar is the WC 2022 host); China is the host of 2023 Asian Cup so should not compete in this round whatever position they finished in the previous round. 

image.png

Very interesting. Could you upload a save game so we can investigate this further? Here's how: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
6 hours ago, uke2nv said:

I am noticing that the AFC Champions League is occuring every 2 years in the game.

also, weird issues like winning a playoff game then not qualifying for group stages?

Is there any fix for this?

AFC.PNG

Hi, you posted about this elsewhere and I replied already.  Please check my reply there.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, uke2nv said:

Looks like the post was deleted?

What was your response?

OK.  It wasn't deleted but maybe you have your notifications turned off and can't find it?  My reply was - this isn't happening internally.  I asked if you had any third party add-ons or custom content installed.  You would need to provide us a save for us to work out why this is happening but it is not something we are seeing happen internally, the Asian Champions League runs normally.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I can't register some players for the Asian Champions League. Playing as Brisbane Roar, it comes around to registration and some players have an N/A next to their names. This is my second season, and it happened as well in the first but I thought it was just something to do with when those players joined the team or something like that. The players who had N/A couldn't play which was a big problem because in the A-League you have a very limited squad, so not being able to play players in the ACL made some weeks tough.

I can't see any reason why these players can't be registered, they don't seem to fall foul of any registration rules (They're all Australian), in fact in this second season one of the players I can't register was one of my best performers in last season's ACL, so not only is it a blow to lose him, but it doesn't seem to make sense that I could register him last season but I can't this season?

I can only assume this is a bug unless someone can point me to why these players wouldn't be able to be registered? 

Attached is a screenshot. As you can tell, I have spots left to register, and the three players (Powell, Parsons, and Woods, plus two others that aren't in the screenshot) are all Australians.

ACL-Rego.JPG

I've discovered why they're listed as N/A, they're on a 'Scholarship Player' contract, which means they don't have to be registered in my A-League squad. I've signed one to a normal contract and then I could list him. I'm sure that this is a bug then, as there shouldn't be any reason why a scholarship player in the A-League can't be registered in the ACL. 

• SI Staff
On 23/12/2020 at 21:43, dillonbarrett1997 said:

I’ve noticed that the uae league has all teams only able to sign Emirati players. Is this a hard coded error? Thank you! 

1054AAB1-D8C7-4DAD-BD91-D42068F6E9F1.jpeg

Hi, I'm a little confused by this, we don't offer the UAE league as a playable league, so I don't think we can help you here.

FA CUP winning team cannot participate in international competition. I don't think this is a league-specific issue only for South Korea and China. 

KMGGe9s.png (1214×800)

bn1p1He.png

I have the same problem when I try to create a nation rule for Qatar or Saudi Arabia etc.

CrWeVAO.png (879×698)

I was supposed to be playing a champion's league quarter final but my team were still on holiday following the end of the Australian season which finished two months prior. They weren't due to return until the 22nd of September meaning my entire team missed both legsWhy.thumb.PNG.243b0b9aafc3ca16d96b5cdaf0e36ebe.PNG

• SI Staff
On 09/01/2021 at 13:13, rogan_dean said:

I was supposed to be playing a champion's league quarter final but my team were still on holiday following the end of the Australian season which finished two months prior. They weren't due to return until the 22nd of September meaning my entire team missed both legsWhy.thumb.PNG.243b0b9aafc3ca16d96b5cdaf0e36ebe.PNG

Can you post this in the Australia thread please?  I think it will be something specific to Australian clubs.

• SI Staff
On 02/01/2021 at 13:05, Dosukoi said:

FA CUP winning team cannot participate in international competition. I don't think this is a league-specific issue only for South Korea and China. 

KMGGe9s.png (1214×800)

bn1p1He.png

I have the same problem when I try to create a nation rule for Qatar or Saudi Arabia etc.

CrWeVAO.png (879×698)

I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here.  What exactly is the issue?  Are you saying the FA Cup winners in China and South Korea should be qualifying for continental competition but are not doing so?

7 hours ago, Dan Ormsby said:

I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here.  What exactly is the issue?  Are you saying the FA Cup winners in China and South Korea should be qualifying for continental competition but are not doing so?

Yes. You're right.

This problem is two.
First of all, the winners of the FA Cup in the Korean League and the Chinese League cannot participate in international competitions. When I see this happen, I haven't loaded any editor data files.

Next, even if I set the FA Cup in other Asian countries (Japan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc) with basic nation rules or advanced rules and create nation rules, the winner of that FA Cup will not be able to participate in the international competition.

Edited by Dosukoi

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021. 1. 11. at 오후 8시 49분, Dan Ormsby said:

each FA cup in Asia doesn't affect for continental competition qualifying.

+ changing "continental competiton qualifying rule" by pre-game editor doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a problem, the players from the first team are on holiday after the league. But I have to play the Asian Champions league matches. How/ Can I cancel holidays? I am playing in the Australian league the matches are the end of August but the team isn't due back until the end of September. It was suggested I post this here by Luke Hume, I'm not using any editor data but have a customer skin, logo and face pack downloaded.

Players holiday.PNG

• SI Staff
50 minutes ago, Jevon1301 said:

Hello! I have a problem, the players from the first team are on holiday after the league. But I have to play the Asian Champions league matches. How/ Can I cancel holidays? I am playing in the Australian league the matches are the end of August but the team isn't due back until the end of September. It was suggested I post this here by Luke Hume, I'm not using any editor data but have a customer skin, logo and face pack downloaded.

Players holiday.PNG

Hi there, this has previously been raised by another user. I think this is being looked into by Seb who is the QA in charge of Australia issues. Have a look in the Australia thread, thanks!

There is a bug with Saudi Arabian clubs. Three clubs from 1st tier league should be assigned to 2nd tier league and vice-versa. Same happens with 2nd and 3rd tier teams. I know you don't offer the Saudi Arabian leagues as playable leagues, but even without the leagues playable teams are assigned wrongly.

Edited by Troyon

• SI Staff
On 09/02/2021 at 02:06, Troyon said:

There is a bug with Saudi Arabian clubs. Three clubs from 1st tier league should be assigned to 2nd tier league and vice-versa. Same happens with 2nd and 3rd tier teams. I know you don't offer the Saudi Arabian leagues as playable leagues, but even without the leagues playable teams are assigned wrongly.

This is an issue for the database & research forum, thanks.

Hi there, this might not be a bug but there were some interesting quirks in the preliminary rounds for the Asian Champions League. 

My team Shaanxi Chang'an Athletic F.C. finished 3rd qualifying me for the playoff. 

image.thumb.png.713f63427ec4acaaff8a6e3dba186d34.png

However DL Pro how finished 4th, skipped the East Second Preliminary Round and I had to play Macarthur FC. 

image.thumb.png.151ceb913708666ca175facb98c64210.png

I was then drawn against DL Pro in the playoff which is against AFC rule 7.1.1. "Participating Clubs from the same Member Association shall not be paired against each other" https://www.the-afc.com/documents/afc-champions-league-2021-competition-regulations

I beat them and went to the group stage regardless but it means one less Chinese club in the AFC Champs League. 

image.thumb.png.061b10ae0aaa7fbf37c6ee1a8d414407.png

Again this might be due to coefficient and rankings that I'm not aware of but it seems a bit messy. Cheers! 

image.png

• 4 months later...

image.thumb.png.fd032d24c221c429b7668f176151dd26.png

image.png.5379a90c0b78b3d6750af164c01bcc76.png

In AFC Champions league competition regulations, "the first-placed Participating Clubs in each group, as well as the three (3) best second-placed  Participating  Clubs  among  all  groups  in  each  region,  shall  qualify  for the Knockout Stage"

(https://www.the-afc.com/documents/afc-champions-league-2021-competition-regulations)'s 8.5

but FM 21 only check 'best 3 team'.

In this case, Brisbane Roar should be eliminated and BG Pathum Utd should get qualified.