Coahes upgrading their badges

Hey, 

I am really getting frustrated with my coahes upgrading their badges without my say so first. I have my responsibility settings set to "I decide who goes on courses" yet they just keep going on them. I am managing in level 13 so every penny counts and just had a coach upgrade now I am in the red. Is there another setting I am missing or something I have overlooked but I keep checking the responsibilities tab and I can definatley see I am the one who decides who goes on courses. Any help and guidance would be appreciated. Cheers 

I don't think there's any way of stopping this - it's ultimately the board's responsibility much as they might make other investments in the club (e.g. facilities) without you asking for them. Obviously leagues at that low a level aren't supported in the base game and it isn't coded or balanced around them, which is why they're making a decision which isn't very sensible.

Thanks guys,

Your comments have atleast gave me sanity that I havent missed anything and if they just decide to go on them anyway as you say by the boards discretion and ofcourse the game is not coded to deal with level 13 then I suppose I can live with that and regarding the second post will ofcourse also have a say in that if they are ambitious then they will be constantly wanting to upgrade. Anyway atleast all the above makes sence. Thank you 

I've never really understood WHY coaches study for their badges. It's seems different to when you as a manager take your coaching badges, as then your coaching stats increase. I've never observed any notable increase in stats for coaches though - or am I mistaken? Maybe it's just their rep increases which boosts club rep or something, would appreciate it someone could clear this up.

28 minutes ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

I've never really understood WHY coaches study for their badges. It's seems different to when you as a manager take your coaching badges, as then your coaching stats increase. I've never observed any notable increase in stats for coaches though - or am I mistaken? Maybe it's just their rep increases which boosts club rep or something, would appreciate it someone could clear this up.

of course their attributes increases, just because they don't have stars, it doesn't mean they are stagnating. Like players they have certain potential set or generated so depends of their hidden attributes they can grow as well as players. 

13 hours ago, Bigpole said:

of course their attributes increases, just because they don't have stars, it doesn't mean they are stagnating. Like players they have certain potential set or generated so depends of their hidden attributes they can grow as well as players. 

I've seen staff attributes fall so assumed the reverse was possible, it's just I've never noticeably seen anyone improve. It figures that the coaching badges should do something or otherwise this would be a pointless feature, I guess it's not a tangible thing though.

Thanks for the feedback

1 minute ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

I've seen staff attributes fall so assumed the reverse was possible, it's just I've never noticeably seen anyone improve. It figures that the coaching badges should do something or otherwise this would be a pointless feature, I guess it's not a tangible thing though.

Thanks for the feedback

Staff attributes can change as they age. I remember seeing a screenshot of a 80+ year old Wenger with 1 motivating which was hilarious.

Just now, zyfon5 said:

Staff attributes can change as they age. I remember seeing a screenshot of a 80+ year old Wenger with 1 motivating which was hilarious.

I got very excited one summer when I found a 20/20 JPA/JPP scout available on a free who was 60 years old, and immediately rushed out and signed him.

Within a couple of months he was down to 17/17 :seagull:

3 minutes ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

I got very excited one summer when I found a 20/20 JPA/JPP scout available on a free who was 60 years old, and immediately rushed out and signed him.

Within a couple of months he was down to 17/17 :seagull:

Must be really back luck though. I've sign over 60 staff before and have never seen such a huge drop in attributes. Most of the time they retired before a huge decline in attributes.