What is your go-to league in FMM?

Been thinking about this recently as I imagine everyone's answer will be different.

As a Spurs fan I don't really play the English leagues as there are too many top flight teams I can't bring myself to manage.

Also the non-PL leagues are a painful 46-game slog that I can't be bothered with. 

The mandatory release clauses put me off Spain, and the fact none of my German players can play international games puts me off Germany. 

I don't really have an interest in France. 

So out of the big 5 European leagues the Italian league is the one I usually go for and get the most enjoyment out of. 

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Does anyone have any recommendations for other leagues? 

In every release of the game i go first to Liverpool and play 2 seasons. That is my team to try the new edition of the game since the first FMM.

Like you i dont like English and Spanish leagues because they are waaaaay easy. 

I like Holland league with either Vitesse or Az Alkmar. Thats the second i play after i test the game.

After i get bored i play A. Bilbao.

After that i play all other leagues but with my rules as the game is easy on itself.

As someone fairly new to FM I started with Everton was alot of fun but was way too easy so below are some teams I went with and I play with a policy of only using players with faces.

Athletico Bilbao - The Basque policy is extremely fun to play with but the only negative is the licensing of the Spain league it is a issue and the lack of game faces.  However it is so fun building a home grown squad and watching your second team trying to get promoted into the second division.  It is a relatively hard save if you struggle with tactics and are more into transfers but definitely worth a shot.

Sunderland - "Sunderland till I die" was my insperation and it was an extremely fun save with Dobson being a star captain up till winning the Prem.  With the facilities and money it is a relatively easy save just sell the older players and get youth in.

LA Galaxy - My current save it's extremely fun with an ageing squad with Hernandez and Pavon you can do big things if you gut the rest of the squad and keep the young players.  I bought Pavon for a steal of £6mil and brought in a bunch of Scottish players that are performing extremely well.  I have two gems from Kilmarnock.  Pretty easy as they only demand mid table and you have the best facilities in the league.

Feyanord - Trying to catch Ajax is a great challenge and with a few gems already in your team it's a great save building a Dutch based team with a few stars from other countries.  I found two of my favourites in this save Ajer from Celtic as a Libero after unsettling him £13mil and Michael Gregoritsch up front for only £10mil.  These to beasts are pushing me to Europa League glory season 1

King's Lynn Town - Best road to glory team hands down no more needs be said they're a must to play as.

Dundee - With rubbish finances, an squad that's too old and too young in areas with a few gems, Dundee is a real challenge for me personally as my home club I new it would be.  Our rivals Dundee United are favourites for promotion and there are 5 teams good enough to go up.  If you want a save that is a hard grind to keep your job Dundee is fantastic.

FC Lortient - Honestly I picked them for their kits and Youth Facilities.  The first year is easy but once you get promotion it's one of the hardest saves I've had to stay up as you do not have the funds or the players to hang at the level required.  It is a real fight to stay up.

Please do reply with any save ideas I'd like to do some in Denmark, China and Greece.  Thanks 

On 30/04/2020 at 16:39, Zoot said:

In every release of the game i go first to Liverpool and play 2 seasons. That is my team to try the new edition of the game since the first FMM.

Like you i dont like English and Spanish leagues because they are waaaaay easy. 

I like Holland league with either Vitesse or Az Alkmar. Thats the second i play after i test the game.

After i get bored i play A. Bilbao.

After that i play all other leagues but with my rules as the game is easy on itself.

What are your rules I do agree it is far too easy 

@Aiden Wren now since the game is way too easy my rules are:

1. I can only sign domestic players. (Except the players under rule number 5).

2. You can only sign domestic stuff.

3. I can only sign players that are 21 years or younger. (Except the players under rule number 5).

4. The moment the player is 26 i must sell it (goalkeepers have no limit they can stay till retirement).

5. Can sign total of 5 players that are age 30+ but they can only play for reserves and be used for tutoring players. (They can be of any nation but under no circumstances they can play)

6. You cant upgrade facilities. You play with what you have unless the board upgrade it on its own, but you can raise the stadium capacity. 

This is the one i play now.

If it is still easy i will then try what i read somwhere. You can only sign domestic and only on free transfer and bosman.

Thanks for the tips, guys. 

I can also recommend picking Sporting CP and signing only Portuguese players. 

They always have good youth players coming through so your squad can have a lot of homegrowns, the coaching is strong from the start, and Porto/Benfica provide a stern challenge for the title. 

Once you start to dominate domestically, the next challenge is winning the CL.

Edited by passenger58

Like many people have said here, I find the game too easy, so if I start managing a team in one of the top five European leagues, I usually end up winning it in one-to-two seasons depending on who I'm managing. 

My favourite careers tend to involve the MLS. I love the playoff system and it means that even if I top my conference, there's still a chance I could lose in the knock-out format of the MLS Cup. I was managing San Jose Earthquakes with the aim of building a whole team of young American talent. The idea would be that if I got the USA job, I would just call up all my players and play my club team on the world stage. 

On 06/05/2020 at 20:46, Lillywhite Dean said:

The idea would be that if I got the USA job, I would just call up all my players and play my club team on the world stage

Omg i never think of that hahah i will do it with my Bilbao save so whole Spanish national team will be Basque. I will do the USA save also.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'd say starting from the bottom is definitely challenging because you get problems like: having low wage and transfer budgets, not knowing anyone, players wanting to leave to step up their game etc.

I started with Gillingham in League 1 and took me 8 seasons to win the champions league. Then my rule was to build up your team so strong and leave at its peak, then pick another team (not doing well) in the SAME LEAGUE and play against the beast you created.

My career has so far been 

Gillingham > Chelsea > Norwich > Arsenal 

It's fun because I'm always up against my former players and because those teams were created by myself they were strong and it made it more difficult

Edited by Joshuayeoh

For my first go at a new release. I tend to go straight for loading all the UK leagues and starting unemployed and seeing where my career takes me.

My next step is to choose a main league at random (using random.org) and then pick other nearby leagues, and pick a team at random in the bottom playable division.