Advice Needed

Currently leading Serie A with the attached tactic and whilst I have had some emphatic wins, we have scrapped through in other games.

Fati on the LW is pretty lethal and seems to get alot of space which is something I was aiming for. Grealish on the other side is contributing with assists, although I was thinking perhaps to style him more Beckham-esq, to whip balls into the box.

My AMR and Striker have been poor. While it could be argued they are opening space up for Fati, I feel they should be contributing more. Has anyone got any ideas how I could potentially change these 2 positions, or where you think I am going wrong?

tacts.png

If your top of the league I wouldn't change too much and ruin things.

The AMCR has a WP and DLP next to him who will see more of the ball.  AM-Su isn't really a risk taker unless he has traits to do so.  What option is he giving those creators?  A short simple pass isn't what they are really looking for.

Looking at the ST as a CF-At expected to do a lot, he only really support is that IF-At.  The right side will be deep and behind play and not really giving an attacking option unless it's a full counter attack or until the DR has bombed forward.

Hence the position I'd focus on first is the AMCR.  What is he expected to do? Why is he and ST offset and is it doing what you expect or limiting the options rather than having both central?  Is his role&duty right for how he is expected to combine with those around him?

12 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

If your top of the league I wouldn't change too much and ruin things.

The AMCR has a WP and DLP next to him who will see more of the ball.  AM-Su isn't really a risk taker unless he has traits to do so.  What option is he giving those creators?  A short simple pass isn't what they are really looking for.

Looking at the ST as a CF-At expected to do a lot, he only really support is that IF-At.  The right side will be deep and behind play and not really giving an attacking option unless it's a full counter attack or until the DR has bombed forward.

Hence the position I'd focus on first is the AMCR.  What is he expected to do? Why is he and ST offset and is it doing what you expect or limiting the options rather than having both central?  Is his role&duty right for how he is expected to combine with those around him?

Perhaps I need to make the AM more aggressive getting forward then and this will bring both him and the ST into the game more.

I had the AMR offset slightly as I dont expect Grealish to go forward, so I figured the AMR could support the overlapping full back when playing down the right.

Currently RM and RB are the best average ratings in the league, so that side of the pitch is definitely contributing well.

What role would you suggest for the AMR? I wanted to avoid an attack duty soley because I thought it may overload my team (already 3 with attack duty)

It's only your MR that I don't really get. He's cutting into quite simply the most congested area of the pitch. I'd be looking to get him a bit further down the flank, looking for the overlaps in the final third with Semedo. That improved creative option might help Lautaro Martinez too. My only other thought would be to get your ST (LC) and AM (RC) to swap duties, so that Almada gets forward and Martinez links play - but I don't know how well that suits either.

9 hours ago, MattLDempsey said:

Perhaps I need to make the AM more aggressive getting forward then and this will bring both him and the ST into the game more.

I had the AMR offset slightly as I dont expect Grealish to go forward, so I figured the AMR could support the overlapping full back when playing down the right.

Currently RM and RB are the best average ratings in the league, so that side of the pitch is definitely contributing well.

What role would you suggest for the AMR? I wanted to avoid an attack duty soley because I thought it may overload my team (already 3 with attack duty)

I wouldn't want to make all 3 of your most advanced players attack duties so theres not a simple change.

Tbh I dont want to tell you to change anything, especially multiple things. 10 games, 10 wins, 2.2 goals for per game and 1 goal conceded total.  That's pretty hard to improve on, especially just going off theory and not seeing the team actually playing.

The only thing I'd try, in games that are won, is moving the AMCR and ST both to the center.  In theory the AMC will be closer to link with IF and the ST could run right channel early. Potentially just go to a standard 4231 wide.  But as I said, improving something that's working is hard especially just on theory. 

14 hours ago, MattLDempsey said:

Currently leading Serie A with the attached tactic and whilst I have had some emphatic wins, we have scrapped through in other games.

Fati on the LW is pretty lethal and seems to get alot of space which is something I was aiming for. Grealish on the other side is contributing with assists, although I was thinking perhaps to style him more Beckham-esq, to whip balls into the box.

My AMR and Striker have been poor. While it could be argued they are opening space up for Fati, I feel they should be contributing more. Has anyone got any ideas how I could potentially change these 2 positions, or where you think I am going wrong?

tacts.png

You are top and 10 wins from 10 games, so I dont think much is needed but I can see where you are coming from in terms of asking for help and wanting to improve

• Do you want and are you happy with Fati being the main man?
  • Do you think if you get the Forward and the AMR also scoring it would take away from him?
  • I will guess the CF is making this entire system work, the AI is picking him up, the BBM is then running up the same vertical, this will mean Fati just strolls into the Forward line and bangs them home?
  • I would leave Grealish how is he is, hes doing exactly what is requried. 7 games and 7 assists is perfect.
  • If it was me, I would work on something for Almada, possibly switch to AM-A 
  • If you wanted, try Martinez as T or F9

Edited by Kingofcm03

3 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

You are top and 10 wins from 10 games, so I dont think much is needed but I can see where you are coming from in terms of asking for help and wanting to improve

• Do you want and are you happy with Fati being the main man?
  • Do you think if you get the Forward and the AMR also scoring it would take away from him?
  • I will guess the CF is making this entire system work, the AI is picking him up, the BBM is then running up the same vertical, this will mean Fati just strolls into the Forward line and bangs them home?
  • I would leave Grealish how is he is, hes doing exactly what is requried. 7 games and 7 assists is perfect.
  • If it was me, I would work on something for Almada, possibly switch to AM-A 
  • If you wanted, try Martinez as T or F9

Yeah, I'm not complaining! I am just worried of an over-reliance on Fati.

In my mind Fati was going to be the main man however I was expecting Lautaro to have a significant goal haul as well. I cant expect all three to bang them in, however I feel if 2 of them were consistent scorers, it would justify the 3rd players role in creation/making space.

Pretty much, Fati is getting easy chances, I am very impressed with the space he is finding currently.

I think my first thing will be to try AM-A, as you suggest, I think CF role is really helping Fati.

Achieved the league title with the tactic but the goals did slow down and my excellent defensive record tumbled in the last few games of the season.

I tried various combinations over the season however both the forward role and the AM role proved to be problematic.

I moved to Manchester United the season after, same tactic and using a CF(S) and the striker banged in 30 goals in the season. The AM position still completely ineffective though (mainly as SS).

I finished 4th and conceded too many goals to make a serious title run. Also, I seem to bottle it against other good teams.

Posting new dev shortly.