Why are clearances SOOOOOOOO pathatic when youre an attacking team

I've played like 7 seasons of this game now and its a constant occurrence, BPD clearances are utter garbage barely make it outside the area usually to an opposition player and never, Not ever playing in an attacking player I have left up the pitch.

IDK if this is the same on other roles such as cds or nncbs all I know is watching the games I see terrible clearances consistently from my players and I dont know why.

P.S I dont have play out of the defense

that would appear to be the most obvious reason

14 hours ago, jere_d said:

I've played like 7 seasons of this game now and its a constant occurrence, BPD clearances are utter garbage barely make it outside the area usually to an opposition player and never, Not ever playing in an attacking player I have left up the pitch.

IDK if this is the same on other roles such as cds or nncbs all I know is watching the games I see terrible clearances consistently from my players and I dont know why.

P.S I dont have play out of the defense

that would appear to be the most obvious reason

I hear that but since the opposition are usually so defensive it isnt easy to exploit, there's so many opposition players to get to the ball first.

10 hours ago, thehig2 said:

@jere_d

Happens to me too, thing is opposition does it too so you can exploit it.

5 hours ago, jere_d said:

I hear that but since the opposition are usually so defensive it isnt easy to exploit, there's so many opposition players to get to the ball first.

Opposistion don't play defensive agaisnt me because Im normally the weeker side :)

A higher press will force the AI to make those kind of pathetic clearances more often

13 hours ago, thehig2 said:

Opposistion don't play defensive agaisnt me because Im normally the weeker side :)

A higher press will force the AI to make those kind of pathetic clearances more often

I always play a high press and I assure you the goals in that other thread happen against me a hell of a lot more than for me.

17 hours ago, jere_d said:

I always play a high press and I assure you the goals in that other thread happen against me a hell of a lot more than for me.

Posting your tactic on the tactic forum would help, I agree the ME isn't great and those stupid headers happen.

But you can minimise the frequency of it and with a more balanced solid tactic things like that and other annoying things the match engine does (over the top punts for eg) happen less often.

I don't want to be the its your tactics guy, Im acknowledging the match engine is dumb at times, but the fact many other users dont have this issue as frequently points towards tactics being the difference, as other users are playing the same game