FM20.2 Realistic, no exploits winning tactic

I have been struggling with tactics on GM20 having some success with Knaps tactics but nothing consistent.

I was using Knaps BEOWULF107allcups and hit was hit and miss (for me) so decided to tweak and have stumbled across a tactic that seems to do it all.

No exploits - throw in and free kicks all default. Corners are my own and doing ok but not out of the norm.

Attractive football.

Realistic score lines.

Forwards are scoring.

Defensively solid.

I am playing as Cardiff City with the lowest experience so despite my players hating me they are still killing it.

image.thumb.png.167c6080cf4a028d8681ab1434de340e.pngPlease give it a go.

image.thumb.png.babeb2de88a53e097191a90375db83af.pngimage.thumb.png.6a1cf5f5b5a9ea1e9286a332d1eec3ff.pngimage.thumb.png.167c6080cf4a028d8681ab1434de340e.png

Bluebirds.fmf

1 hour ago, andre62 said:

can you change for a 4-4-2 classic please like for home games the 4-4-2 classic and for away or hard games the bluebirds, please.

Thanks and great work ;)

Originally it was a classic 442 but I could not get any stability with it at all. Dropping the CM to DLP was a game changer and the tactic exploded from there.

5 hours ago, Grifty said:

As disappointed I am in myself to try anything that does well with Cardiff, I'll give this a go with my Hemel side as I have the players to fit this.

Please do let me know how you get on with it, I'd love to see how it goes with other teams.

Quick BPD are important I have discovered....

I'm struggling badly so I'll try anything.  Just stayed up by one point in Vanarama South on the final day.  Saved a penalty and an offsides staved off another goal in the final five minutes of the final match of the season to allow us to draw and stay up by one point.  I'll give this a go in my upcoming season. 

5 hours ago, Wyer said:

Gave this a go, last 7 results of the season I won 6 lost 1.

Thought great, here we go!

New season,  played 7, won 1, lost 3 and drawn 3 : /

With the new season, did you bring in a lot of new players, may take time for them to gel.

Also, 2 things that make a difference.

1. Defenders need to be as quick as possible.

2. Wingers need opposite feet to. (Right Wing - Left Foot)

Please keep me updated on your season.

6 hours ago, Ragin Cajun said:

I'm struggling badly so I'll try anything.  Just stayed up by one point in Vanarama South on the final day.  Saved a penalty and an offsides staved off another goal in the final five minutes of the final match of the season to allow us to draw and stay up by one point.  I'll give this a go in my upcoming season. 

Please let me know how this goes, I'm intrigued how it plays in the lower leagues.

On 14/12/2019 at 06:46, Skiinted said:

With the new season, did you bring in a lot of new players, may take time for them to gel.

Also, 2 things that make a difference.

1. Defenders need to be as quick as possible.

2. Wingers need opposite feet to. (Right Wing - Left Foot)

Please keep me updated on your season.

I didn't make a lot of signings.

I stuck with the formation, ended up finishing 3rd and winning the FA Cup!

Made up, thought that's it on my way.....I was mistaken.

This is a good tactic, I don't think long term I will use it only as when I beat Juventus in the CL 3-2 but the following game to find myself 0-5 down at HT to Norwich, there is no way to build on it.

Thank you for the effort you have put into this tactic and thank you for allowing us to use it.

On 14/12/2019 at 00:47, Skiinted said:

Please let me know how this goes, I'm intrigued how it plays in the lower leagues.

So with my old tactic I was 0W 1D 3D in the National League South (England).  Added your tactic at that point...

Lost the first two matches then won back to back matches for the first time in forever.  So to this point in league action:

6W 2D 7L in my first 15 matches.  I'm scoring more but also conceding which is where I'm hurting at.  I'm consistently getting beaten over the top or with through balls in the middle.  On the attack I suffer the affliction where my players can't dribble well and seem to cross at the last second and always into the back of a defender. 

I've made a few tweaks; changed the two center halfs to CD/Defend instead of BPD/Defend; Dropped the left striker to a PF/Support to clean up some weakness in the attacking third (red boxes on the tactic screen) and with little to no pace plus consistently getting beaten over the top I did away with the Higher Line and Offside Trap; I've done that for years with success (FM18 & FM19).  Still struggling in FM20 though.

I've stuck it out with this tactic, mainly as just as my team clicks, I lose my best player / s to min fees and such.

I just finished my 6th season with Villa and finally won the title & I won the CL also.

Its a good tactic, 1 I will be using for the foreseeable future but 1 thing is frustrating, the complete random results that come out of no where haha