Where to find files such as inter_copa_america?

fraudiay79

Does anyone know where to find the international competition files that show in Advanced Rules menu of the editor?  I'm specifically looking for the 'inter_copa_america' as seen in the attached screenshot.

I have already checked the comp.fmf archive and did not find it there.

Untitled.png

You can extract them from editor - add nation to specific comp - in this case i added nation serbia to copa america in database. After that you add nation rules --> add lower division--> convert to advanced.  You will have copa america file in serbian list of competitions. Delete all other files - leave only copa america. Delete that 1 change in database and extract xml.

3 ore fa, krlenjushka ha scritto:

You can extract them from editor - add nation to specific comp - in this case i added nation serbia to copa america in database. After that you add nation rules --> add lower division--> convert to advanced.  You will have copa america file in serbian list of competitions. Delete all other files - leave only copa america. Delete that 1 change in database and extract xml.

How can I edit registration rules for continental club cups?

Its very difficult. I managed to do it for champions  league but i think i had some issues - cant remember tbh.

Anyway you need ectract for example champions league using this method. After that add new continental file to advanced rules list without any database changes. Continental rules must be set to "flexible rules" - its old one "overrides rules" mode. This option is hidden on new editor for some reason (i asked SI about that and still waiting for answer) but can be set.

Set new fixture rule with all registration rules or whatever you want.

In champions league file - set new fixture rule number to use. You have already 4-5 hardcoded fixture rules so you need to set number to 5,6,7 -or higher although  you fixture rule have number 0 in fixture rule list.  Im not sure what number but its first empty after hardcoded. Also champions league file should be set to "flexible rules".

On 13/12/2019 at 03:11, Jas80 said:

How?

1) a) Take a backup of your comp editor.fmf file

b) Open the Resource Archiver and extract the comp editor.fmf file into a folder.

2) In the folder locate the file 'advanced rules.xml' (It should be in comp editor > format > rule group > advanced)

3) Open the advanced rules.xml in Notepad++

4) Locate the following in the file

<!-- release version -->

5) In that section change the following field to 'false'

<boolean id="debug_only" value="true" /> -------------->   <boolean id="debug_only" value="false" />

(You can also make the same change in the field below  <!-- version --> which is for debug mode)

6) Save changes and use the Resource Archiver to create the archive and save over the existing on in your FM20 folder.

7) Open the editor and load your competitions in advanced mode, you should now see the options

Thanks @fraudiay79, now I can select "flexible rules", but I tried a lot for editing registration rules, but it doesn't work. 

There are what I made:

1) extracted Champions League xml like @krlenjushka said:

Il 12/12/2019 in 14:36 , krlenjushka ha scritto:

2) added Rules to Advanced Rules List, then I selected Continent in Type and Flexible Format Rules in Mode

357559970_Schermata2019-12-20alle17_09_31.thumb.png.10bc01c4e843e7211076642e2bceaa1b.png

3) opening Rules, in Continent I selected Europe, then in Fixture Rules I added Rules 0, then I edited Squad Selection Rules

1493499612_Schermata2019-12-20alle17_12_28.thumb.png.a9921919b0af41c7e18f71d846e16aff.png1658194155_Schermata2019-12-20alle17_12_38.thumb.png.bf019ce1d6fc94a1975b73a58d9c29ab.png1981334382_Schermata2019-12-20alle17_12_54.thumb.png.0dbdf43ced65cd86aaa4201fd6b9b9eb.png

4) in Uefa Champions League -> General -> Fixture Rules Index I wrote 5 (also 6 and 7), then saved

1264767435_Schermata2019-12-20alle17_16_43.thumb.png.c3f0fc95ed48ac945ef998e434330dd6.png

I started a new career selecting this file, but rules remain the same! 

Can you help me, please? Where am I wrong? Thanks

Edited by Jas80

2 minutes ago, Jas80 said:

Thanks a lot, @krlenjushka! Now it works!

What was the problem?

Europe should be set to fixed - not flexible rules. I forgot that.

2 minutes ago, Jas80 said:

Another issue: now I can't register players: do I set registration dates for the competition?

You need to add registration first - its empty in your fixture rule

I tried to add registration dates, but, when I start a new career, I can't select any players for the Champions League.

What's the problem?

Edited by Jas80

5 hours ago, Jas80 said:

I tried to add registration dates, but, when I start a new career, I can't select any players for the Champions League.

What's the problem?

Not sure - i think you need to set selection value to "custom". Also in registration section - one of 2 options doesnt work - this was case earlier on fm17 and fm18 so i guess its still broken. Registration periods i think. Use other option if this is broken.

I tried to set registration periods, but nothing.

This is the situation of my file:

1.thumb.png.08e97abf69b93c0c543dac94c2cac0dc.png2.thumb.png.6973c7f106ef5b791eb69b66911bcb4c.png3.thumb.png.21f494ecbec430360035d4cdfc3a0236.png4.thumb.png.868ee4e39e63c1e97db5c9774a77bbd5.png5.thumb.png.c6de81f4e975e475190946e06ece0345.png

EDIT: I simulated until September 2nd, but I can't select players for the Champions League (see image)

819467294_Schermata2019-12-24alle19_06_35.thumb.png.ea79d1a29eab810b726627518cb3877a.png

My file: cl-registration.xml

Edited by Jas80

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 15:11, fraudiay79 said:

Does anyone know where to find the international competition files that show in Advanced Rules menu of the editor?  I'm specifically looking for the 'inter_copa_america' as seen in the attached screenshot.

I have already checked the comp.fmf archive and did not find it there.

Untitled.png

I see rules for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup on this screen shot. Does this mean the rules are active? Thanks for clarifying!

• 3 months later...

@krlenjushka quick question - I’m trying to remove the foreign player restrictions for the AFC Champions League and AFC Cup. I’ve followed the method as highlighted above, and have added the nation as ‘Indonesia.’

I then added nation rules, add lower divisions etc. I have the AFC Champions League and AFC Cup competitions there, but there is no ‘Asia’ continental file. Any ideas?

9 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You need to create that "asia" file.

Ok - so I add an ‘Asia’ continent file, so ‘fixed format rules’, and link the fixtures rules index in the Asia file to the ACL and Asia Cup, as ‘fixtures rules index’ = 0 

I tried this and it still came up with the old hardcoded rules.

Try to change fixture rule number in your competition to 4,5,6. You have several hardcoded rules and your added rule is next free number. You can add it like rule 0 in fuxture rules list but real number is 4,5,6... im not sure exactly.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

Try to change fixture rule number in your competition to 4,5,6. You have several hardcoded rules and your added rule is next free number. You can add it like rule 0 in fuxture rules list but real number is 4,5,6... im not sure exactly.

Ok I'll keep trying - I added it as '17' and '18' for AFC CL and AFC Cup respectively but it didn't work. I'll keep going.

Another point - do I have to create two 'Asia files' - one that is 'flexible' and another that 'overrides' or is just 1 enough?

Thanks for your help on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 05:36, krlenjushka said:

Could anyone help me understand some of the steps of this?

I can get to the point where the continental competition is in advanced rules within the nation rules - but I do not know how to delete the "other files" so that I export only the continental cup.

I cannot find any way to make it so only the continental cup appears on the list of advanced rules, which I am guessing the step is intending me to do. I have the nations rules and the other competitions in the nation showing under advanced rules as well as well. 

4 hours ago, fatcat said:

Could anyone help me understand some of the steps of this?

I can get to the point where the continental competition is in advanced rules within the nation rules - but I do not know how to delete the "other files" so that I export only the continental cup.

I cannot find any way to make it so only the continental cup appears on the list of advanced rules, which I am guessing the step is intending me to do. I have the nations rules and the other competitions in the nation showing under advanced rules as well as well. 

You can delete all other files from list if you go to "list" section of advanced panel, mark your files and click remove. Save your file and you will have only that specific competition in advanced list. Problem is this - its still "nation rules" and best way to get rid of this is to manualy remove "basic" part of editor from xml. Its listed as "rule_group" in xml file and you can delete it with notepad ++ or some similar program.  Delete everything from opening      <record id="rule_group">   line

Screenshot_54.thumb.png.068d7a1b35b32a5a206d8146f7f34e9e.png

to closing "record" line

Screenshot_55.thumb.png.a5a3478eee6427271e7bc789c663fa59.png

As you can see notepad ++ mark closing record line when you click on opening line. Just mark everything between and delete it.  Save your file and thats it.  Its basic text editing- just need to understand what to delete.

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You can delete all other files from list if you go to "list" section of advanced panel, mark your files and click remove. Save your file and you will have only that specific competition in advanced list. Problem is this - its still "nation rules" and best way to get rid of this is to manualy remove "basic" part of editor from xml. Its listed as "rule_group" in xml file and you can delete it with notepad ++ or some similar program.  Delete everything from opening      <record id="rule_group">   line

to closing "record" line

As you can see notepad ++ mark closing record line when you click on opening line. Just mark everything between and delete it.  Save your file and thats it.  Its basic text editing- just need to understand what to delete.

Thank you very much! I'm pretty new to the advanced editor (if that wasn't already made obvious by my question), did not know about removing from the "List". 

Really appreciate you taking the time to break it down for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2020 at 00:59, krlenjushka said:

to closing "record" line

Question, how do we test rules when we are done?

No need for editor test. Only reliable test is in-game test. Editor test is here only to help rookies. Also test often gives some errors for nothing. I use this method for 10 years and never had any issues. TBH some bugs in the past was related to "basic editor" part in the file - especially dbc files.

I tried to explain this in bugs forum but SI changed staff related to editor bugs and i couldn't explain this to a new guy.

BTW this is good way to learn how to set almost everything without any test.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

No need for editor test. Only reliable test is in-game test. Editor test is here only to help rookies. Also test often gives some errors for nothing. I use this method for 10 years and never had any issues. TBH some bugs in the past was related to "basic editor" part in the file - especially dbc files.

I tried to explain this in bugs forum but SI changed staff related to editor bugs and i couldn't explain this to a new guy.

BTW this is good way to learn how to set almost everything without any test.

I don't disagree with you but when I come in-game it doesn't choose the editor file because it hasn't been tested. How to get it activated in game?