[FM20] NZ ISPS Premiership + Fixed OFC Champions League

I was asked to make a actual real life NZ Premiership as well as my fantasy one along with my fixed Oceania Champions league.

This SHOULD hopefully be it with proper Continental qualifying rules. There are no other leagues active in this comp, ill leave that to DementedHammer, but at least i fixed the Champions league.

So if you wanna start in the worst confederation for a Journeyman, start here.

728896246_ISPSPremiership.fmf

O-League.fmf

Edited by ratio1618
Added prize money which i forgot

I'm trying this right now, seems that for some reason Wellington Phoenix still start the game in the OFC Champions league (an issue you already mentioned in your other thread). My only question is how did you do that, and if I win the OFC CL with the Nix in first year do they qualify for next season? :D

413765553_WellingtonPhoenixFC_General.thumb.png.14650725d8191870870b81482cf2cd0f.png

23 ore fa, kandersson ha scritto:

I'm trying this right now, seems that for some reason Wellington Phoenix still start the game in the OFC Champions league (an issue you already mentioned in your other thread). My only question is how did you do that, and if I win the OFC CL with the Nix in first year do they qualify for next season? :D

413765553_WellingtonPhoenixFC_General.thumb.png.14650725d8191870870b81482cf2cd0f.png

How you can allow Nix play in OFC CL? In real life, they can't play OFC CL because they are an "Australian" team (because they play in Australian League) and can't AFC CL because they are an Oceanic team (because geography)

basically its because the first year is drawing teams using "top teams from division" and because the custom league hadn't started yet im assuming its picking the nix because they are the "highest" division team in the A-league? But then when i add history to comps to try and rectify this or anything else they still enter and do not enter again for the rest of the comp. Its a weird one tbh.

On 14/12/2019 at 05:40, PaMi 7 said:

How you can allow Nix play in OFC CL? In real life, they can't play OFC CL because they are an "Australian" team (because they play in Australian League) and can't AFC CL because they are an Oceanic team (because geography)

Its jsut some problem with how continental rules pull teams. Typically they play the first years comp and never again, then it draws the teams from the actual NZ league.

4 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

basically its because the first year is drawing teams using "top teams from division" and because the custom league hadn't started yet im assuming its picking the nix because they are the "highest" division team in the A-league? But then when i add history to comps to try and rectify this or anything else they still enter and do not enter again for the rest of the comp. Its a weird one tbh.

Its jsut some problem with how continental rules pull teams. Typically they play the first years comp and never again, then it draws the teams from the actual NZ league.

you can fix that by having the registered teams for the first season

Il 16/12/2019 in 00:52 , ratio1618 ha scritto:

Sorry but I'm Italian and my English isn't perfect so I' don't understand all.

You said that, in the first year, what competition does Nix play?

• 2 months later...

Hey, is there any prize money for the OCL. I was using someone elses OCL file, can't remember who but the qualifications were wrong so i am trying this one out. The previous one did have prize money for group games etc.

25 minutes ago, Ultras500 said:

It's not showing up in the rules but I am about to manage a team in the OCL so will double check then.

Ok yeh i ****ed up and uploaded an older version of my OFC CL that i have now gone and lost. I will fix it now i just gotta find out where the Prize money IRL is.

EDIT: There is no official record of prize money and sources say that only the winner of the comp gets 500k But i will add some smaller prize money for sustainability.

Edited by ratio1618

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

Ok yeh i ****ed up and uploaded an older version of my OFC CL that i have now gone and lost. I will fix it now i just gotta find out where the Prize money IRL is

Cheers, if you want to be a little bit more generous in prize funds that would great. In my file most Oceanic clubs go bust within a year or two, especially the NZ prem clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had one season where only one team from PNG were in because New Zealand had three teams qualify. What i can't work out is why NZ had the extra team. The previous year was won by Tafea i think, definitely not a NZ team.

Edit - 

Just looked, in my save Hekari Utd of PNG were the defending champions and qualified via the league regardless. Auckland City qualified despite losing in the semi final of the premiership. They ended up winning the OCL that year.

Edited by Ultras500

• Wolf_pd changed the title to [FM20] NZ ISPS Premiership + Fixed OFC Champions League