building from the back

hello guys I have simpe question regarding building from the back. Is there a possibility to somehow force my players to take the risk and build the actions from back with short fast passes and one twos despite being pressed? Whenever they get closed down they just make long ball and lose second ball. And I am not talking about some high intensity pressing like Liverpool or smth, the opposition players aren't even that close to them and they have the opportunity to pass the ball to teammate and play it from the back with short quick passes but they just pick the safer option and kick the ball away as far from the goal as possible. I am playing fm19 it is 2023 year and my first season with Barca so I think the players should have pretty good decision making, technique and should be calm with the ball despite being closed down.

20191110235301_1.jpg

edit. Already changed the roles from sweeper keeper to standard goalkeeper and to standard CBs instead of BPD. Lowered the mentality to standard

Edited by radenje

16 hours ago, radenje said:

Already changed the roles from sweeper keeper to standard goalkeeper and to standard CBs instead of BPD

And...? Is the problem solved now or not? 

16 hours ago, radenje said:

Lowered the mentality to standard

Mentality (Positive) should not have been a source of your problem in this case. 

On 10/11/2019 at 22:56, radenje said:

hello guys I have simpe question regarding building from the back. Is there a possibility to somehow force my players to take the risk and build the actions from back with short fast passes and one twos despite being pressed? Whenever they get closed down they just make long ball and lose second ball. And I am not talking about some high intensity pressing like Liverpool or smth, the opposition players aren't even that close to them and they have the opportunity to pass the ball to teammate and play it from the back with short quick passes but they just pick the safer option and kick the ball away as far from the goal as possible. I am playing fm19 it is 2023 year and my first season with Barca so I think the players should have pretty good decision making, technique and should be calm with the ball despite being closed down.

20191110235301_1.jpg

edit. Already changed the roles from sweeper keeper to standard goalkeeper and to standard CBs instead of BPD. Lowered the mentality to standard

i dont know if its the source of your issues, but do your centre backs have PPM's to attempt long passes?

Id imagine back in the day at the beginning pique would have this, Umtitti maybe. Cuenca is young at the beginning.

Players attempt PPM's that contradict your team instructions so be aware of that.

Just a thought

There are something like 10 different ways you can work the ball out from the back, and this involve how you use play out of defence in combination with or without goalkeeper distribution instructions. I did a video on that, there is always going to be an optimum way for each team to distribute the ball out of the back. If my lower league side can build play out effectively from the back then i don't see any reason why most teams can't

The only reason why you will struggle with working the ball out of the back will often be because of the wrong Tis and choosing the wrong kind of setup. Working the ball out of defence effectively does not require you to use play out of defence 24/7. And like the others have said, take a look at the roles/duties and player traits these players may possess. Right now with some sides if you have spent some time looking at your formation very carefully and choosing the right setup, you can actually turn working the ball out of defence into a very potent weapon against the high press. 

If your players are just hoofing the ball out something is wrong with your setup. There is a chance on FM20 beta to see the wingbacks trying the cross field diagonals, this is definitely a current issue, but even here knowing they will do it and using it as an exploit is a different matter altogether. At least i am just gonna have some fun turning that into an exploit till SI inevitably fix it.

You're trying to play out from the back with a SK on attack and two BPD's that are all looking to hit counter attacking long balls over the top and out to the wings whenever they can.  I play out from the back with passing to CD's who use the fullbacks pushing up or my DLP and continue to build from there

17 hours ago, Bigshow1 said:

You're trying to play out from the back with a SK on attack and two BPD's that are all looking to hit counter attacking long balls over the top and out to the wings whenever they can.  I play out from the back with passing to CD's who use the fullbacks pushing up or my DLP and continue to build from there

Did you read the "edit"? Already changed it normal Goalkeeper and standard CBs and lowered mentality to standard and nothing has changed.