Be able to take courses while you are without equipment.

anpuerta5

5 hours ago, anpuerta5 said:

I have left a team to take preparation courses and raise my level, but I cannot do it. I would like that to change in FM20.

Currently this wouldn't be possible to do this while unemployed as the cost is borne by your employing club.  This would mean a full module rewrite to use your own money and SI have always said that this would not be included in the game.  I can see where you are coming from but it would appear to be unlikely to be changed.

11 hours ago, FrazT said:

Currently this wouldn't be possible to do this while unemployed as the cost is borne by your employing club.  This would mean a full module rewrite to use your own money and SI have always said that this would not be included in the game.  I can see where you are coming from but it would appear to be unlikely to be changed.

Perhaps it could just be assumed that the manager always has enough "money" to go on the course anyway and not require any spending when unemployed.

I don't really understand the logic that the manager can't fund their own coaching courses while your backroom staff or elder players can do so whenever they want tbh

• 2 weeks later...

If managers were able to fund their own courses the result would probably be that everybody who starts with no qualifications and a Sunday League reputation would be able to obtain a Continental Pro License in the minimum possible time. The present arrangements slow down the manager's progression and makes it a bit more realistic.

On 24/10/2019 at 15:44, Hovis Dexter said:

If managers were able to fund their own courses the result would probably be that everybody who starts with no qualifications and a Sunday League reputation would be able to obtain a Continental Pro License in the minimum possible time. The present arrangements slow down the manager's progression and makes it a bit more realistic.

Tie the ability to start a new course to reputation then?

Maybe you could ask to do a coaching badge. by requesting to the board. If excepted you have to learn a tactic, know what training to do for that tactic and before you even get the badge you maybe get some questions on that tactic and training so until you get most of them right you don't get that badge until you know enough about it and you go up with each level on that tactic within that there 3 formations maybe you get tested on each one along with what training you would do etc. That way I think you get a better understanding of the tactic you are trying to use.

I also think there should be a subject about Brexit and Work permits and again maybe a crush coarse on how they work. I've never understood the Work permits personnally so I think it would be a nice touch. I know Brexit is up in the air and we are all sick and tired of it now.   Thank you I hope you might consider it. 

Maybe another one to consider but don't know how realisic it would be. Would you be able to put the sponsor boards in finance so that we pick them to go around the staduim like what happen may years ago. You were able to get extra money when starting in lower divisions and you could buy an advert for say 8 weeks at £4000 or 46 weeks at £2500pw etc and as they empty you would put someone else in. 

Thank you for having a look at my suggestion any feedback would be nice. I've been playing your game since the Amiga 1200 when you had 4 floppy disc's to load up and still enjoy it as much as today as then. 

• 9 months later...