JaytheGreat

I had so much fun playing the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge in FM17, I figured I would do it again in FM19 before the name game is released. If your not familiar with the challenge you sim till November 6th and take over the team that's in 19th place and guide them to glory. For this save I got the Wolverhampton Wolves. 

Rules
You must always have a player produced by your club's academy in every match squad.
You MAY sign permanently NO MORE THAN 11 players in a season, and ONLY 8 PERMANENT signings may feature in the first-team that season!  Sir Alex never signed more than this ever in a season.
You MAY NOT ever do transfer business of any kind with your main rival.  (Liverpool/United have not exchanged a player since 1964.) [Phil Chisnall to Liverpool]
You MAY NOT edit the game in any way other than cosmetic enhancements.  No editor, no edited databases.
 A relegation is immediate challenge over at any time.
A sacking is immediate challenge over at any time.
International management is NOT allowed at any time.

Milestones

Win the FA Cup within 4 seasons - Ferguson won his first cup, the FA Cup vs Crystal Palace in 89/90  18/19 Season
Win the Premier League within 7 seasons - Ferguson won his first Premier League in 92/93
Win a Premier League/FA Cup double within 8 seasons - Ferguson won his first Double with United in 93-94
Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 seasons - Ferguson's Treble Included His Third League/FA Cup Double
Win the Premier League/FA Cup/Champions League Treble within 13 seasons - Ferguson Won the Infamous Treble in 98/99

Achievements

Premier League (13)
FA Cup (5)
League Cup (4)
Community Shield (10)
UEFA Champions League (2)
UEFA Europa League (1) (Replaces the Cup Winners Cup) **
UEFA Super Cup (1)
FIFA Club World Cup (2) (One Replaces Intercontinental Cup)

291815764_BeginningWolves.thumb.jpg.dc7ff7700fee718d18235afa0b876e8e.jpg

1447823781_BeginningWolves2.thumb.jpg.17b9d77b2803c8ce7c4440854fe15130.jpg

Edited by JaytheGreat

Personal Accomplishments 

1st Win 11/10/2019 Watford Away 2-1

FA Cup 18/19

FA Cup 19/20

Community Shield 20/21

Europa League 20/21

Sir Alex vs Jay 

Premier League 0/13
FA Cup 2/5
League Cup 0/4
Community Shield 1/10
UEFA Champions League 0/2
UEFA Europa League 1/1
UEFA Super Cup 0/1
FIFA Club World Cup 0/2

Edited by JaytheGreat

The Team

178435165_Alookat1.thumb.jpg.802a51355542b731379aa36d7b88c742.jpg

1240704425_Alookat2.thumb.jpg.2f09f3933e74923c8f92129f5d024a56.jpg

Manager's Thoughts: This team has great attacking depth combined with a very solid mix of talented young players and quality veterans. The main problem is we have very little depth outside of attack and GK. We have one LB (Jonny) and one RB (Matt Doherty) so if an injury happens at FB it's going to be a short save for me. The CBs are about the same 3 decent CBs which considering I play with a 2 CB formation means I'll be able to rotate a little. Outside of Mourtinho and Neves there isn't much in midfield. I have 20 mil in the transfer budget but are dangerously close to our wage budget.

As expected for a team in 19th place Wolverhampton can't really do anything right at the moment scoring only 9 goals and giving up 17, and losing their last four games. To fix this I'm going to use a countering gegenpress 4-1-4-1 and an attacking gegenpress 4-2-3-1, I'm hoping to use the team's speed out wide and good passing in the middle to really hit teams on the counter and pin teams deep in their zone and having to make bad passes.  

First Presser 

Ferguson Calls His Shot

Journalist: Hi Jay, what are your thoughts about taking the Wolves job?

Jay Ferguson: Even though they just got promoted last season, and haven't had the greatest start this year they have the talent to become a special team and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Journalist: Taking over your 1st manager job at 23, is age going to be a concern when it comes to interacting with players that are older then you?

Jay Ferguson: There's going to be a bit of an adjustment period I think, but the best way to overcome that is to win and that's what I plan on doing.

Journalist: Where do you think the team will end up this season?

Jay Ferguson: We're not going down if that's what your asking!

Journalist: You have a lot of faith for managing a team that has won 2 out of 10 games this year.

Jay Ferguson: I do have a lot of faith in this team and it's direction, we are good enough to survive and I'm going to make sure it happens.

Journalist: What are your thoughts about the fans?

Jay Ferguson: Wolverhampton fans are some of the best in the world, they show up rain, sleet, or snow, win or lose and cheer their hearts out. Me and the players want nothing more then to show our appreciation to them by winning some games.

PR Personnel: We have time for a few more questions

Journalist: What are your thoughts about having to play Watford in just 4 days since becoming manager?

Jay Ferguson: Of course I'd rather have some more time to train and get the squad used to the tactics but that's the hand we've been dealt.

Journalist: Any plans to enter the market when the transfer market opens back up in January?

Jay Ferguson: No comment ;)

PR Personnel: Ok that brings today's presser, the manager has to get ready for Watford.

Jay Ferguson: Thanks everyone.  

Game Day #11/ Career Game #1

569495484_1stgame.thumb.jpg.fa873d1923a87c06b7c3ad5fc3adfeb1.jpg

The defense is all we have available with Boly currently serving a suspension, went a little more aggressive in the midfield with Neves manning the Deep Lying Playmaker role at DM and Gibbs White being a up the field playmaker. We are really going to try to dominate the game and use our midfield to supply our attack quickly on the counter, which I might result in being a little loose in the back.

1781244335_Win1.thumb.jpg.5b0e4f16042358c6a0c170f7c34b841c.jpg

Big win for Wolves in the first game of Jay Ferguson's career. Both teams trade goals off of free kicks when super sub loanee Ball Winning DM Leander Dendoncker fires the game winner from outside the box. Both Gibbs White and Costa picked up minor injuries during the game but should be back in time for the Crystal Palace game in 2 weeks. The win sees Wolves move up to 18th, and is tied with Leichester and Fulham at 10 points but have the worse Goal Difference of the 3 at -7.

We had a 2 week break in between the Watford game and Crystal Palace, and because I mentioned it, it happened starting RB Matt Doherty is out for 2-4 weeks so know I have a choice to make do I bring Jonny back to RB or keep him at LB? Boly is back from suspension and will be a huge help in the back line. The starting 11 will be the same with Gibbs White still a little banged up I'm moving Neves up to the playmaking CM spot and last game Dondecker will be starting at the Ball Winning DM position. I also took the 2 weeks to build up the backroom, signing 4 scouts, and one coach for each of the 3 Wolves teams. I'm hoping we can start a winning streak by beating C Palace.

1620945707_Win2.thumb.jpg.8961f720f81d5e7bcd4d5b6bc8d280bc.jpg

Big win for the boys here as we dominate another game, this one being at home. Origi came up big scoring 2 huge goals along with Costa and Mountinho. Neves also had a good game picking up an assist. The team looks good as we roll into December but we have to be careful because we play 2 of the big 6 with 5th overall Newcastle being our next game. Hopefully Doherty comes back because I don't think throwing Ryan Bennett at RB will cut it against the bigger teams in the division.

The Wolves come out of November on a high note winning 2 out of their last 2, but December grounds them back to reality. With Wolves already playing Newcastle, Liverpool, and Cardiff City. The team still has to go through Arsenal, Fulham, West Ham, and Bournmouth to make it out of the month and bring in much needed reinforcements. 

2-0

Wolves-Newcastle.thumb.jpg.25236c9496c1b69dcc29dbbe7e07db8a.jpg

Real lack of finishing in the final 3rd, we had a lot of shots but not many chances actually threatened the GK, and even worse our starting LB Jonny picked up a yellow card and will miss the match against Liverpool.

6-1 (Dondoncker)

Wolves-Liverpool.thumb.jpg.4ddce4209d9e5ffeec6a0a64235c87ea.jpg

This game was depressing to watch, to be fair we are missing our starting FBs, and CM but even with them this game is still a blow out. 

INJURY CRISIS AT WOLVERHAMPTON

The medial reports coming out of Wolverhampton are not good as the team currently has 3 starters and 1 back up on the shelf as the injuries start to pile up. Reports are coming out that manager Jay Ferguson is furious with the state of the teams medical staff and can't believe that any Premier League team would have such low quality. 

2113692750_InjuryCrisis.thumb.jpg.a2eedf9c77feb66542907dc670d96a80.jpg

After simming one day after this Jonny goes down with the flu, and Dondoncker gets hurt lifting weights. 

2-2 (Moutinho x2)

Cardiff.thumb.jpg.1a4290b3f0aeab448e2174fe0cd0f5dd.jpg

My piecemeal squad comes back from 2-0 down to take a 2-2 draw away from home against Cardiff. The defense is struggling and the attack is almost worthless at the moment. The only bright spot is Moutinho is doing his damndest to try and save this club but between injuries and poor depth he doesn't have much help. The next game is against Arsenal in London so that's going to be another blow out loss, on the bright side Neves should be back, with Jonny and Dondoncker being not too far off as well

Edited by JaytheGreat

Ouch. That Liverpool game was a bad one. Hope your injuries heal up soon and you have a good transfer window. Any money to spend or will you have to sell first?

33 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Ouch. That Liverpool game was a bad one. Hope your injuries heal up soon and you have a good transfer window. Any money to spend or will you have to sell first?

It was brutal, I have 20 mil in the transfer budget but in the negative with wages so I'll have to move some money around. I should have enough to bring in atleast 1 player.

Unsurprisingly it was a rough half of the month as our team is still struggling to score goals the defense has somewhat held and the midfield is holding their own, but the best part of my team is nowhere to be found. 

0-2

Wolves-Arsenal.thumb.jpg.5e0364e87ead0452a307ac80a7128839.jpg

Can't really be mad at this, it would have been nice to score a goal but I'll give it up for only getting 2 scored on me. Neves got sent off and that's annoying but it didn't cost us anything in this game.

2-1 (Coady, Origi)

Wolves-Fulham.thumb.jpg.616a375c42ae96dd5927486cd8edd81f.jpg

Kind of a boring game as all 3 goals came off free kicks, and Mourtinho once again proving why he's the leader of this team. Our back line was finally healthy again and it showed in our performance as they did a fantastic job. Hopefully Origi can start to get hot. 

1-1 (Reiss)

485487352_Wolves-WestHam.thumb.jpg.5903dd9deeb53aa45e7069128df63c21.jpg

As soon as everyone comes back Mountinho goes down, and that's just great. As for the game Box to box CM Reiss scores a goal as the ball slowly trickles under the GK for a goal. Jota who's been a little disappointing supplied Reiss with an excellent cross towards the near post. The Hammers come back to tie right before half as Issa Diop thunders home a powerful header that beats our GK. After that both teams settle down and have a few chances but it ends in a draw and I'll take the point.

1-2 (Origi)

Wolves-Bournemouth.thumb.jpg.a679d467b1549730cee694883dc614e9.jpg

Really thought I had a point here but Ibe dribbles through the whole defense and scores, then late in the came Moussiant scores from outside the box to finish this crappy December. The only bright side is Origi scores another goal this time from a beauty of a through ball from Ruben Neves, and it would be great if those two start clicking.

The winter transfer market opens in a few days and I would like some suggestions. I should have 15 mil to play with and would like to get 2 players in or one really solid player, any suggestion is appreciated.

Wolves Wishlist

1. LB

2. RB

3. CM

5. CB 

scheddy.thumb.jpg.b906016b42932a27ee8cc88164a31153.jpg

January isn't much kinder to us then December was, and only one game at home doesn't help either. If we want to avoid relegation Brighton and Burnely are must wins because getting points against Chelsea and Man City isn't happening. The board wants me to make the 5th round of the FA Cup, but I don't mind losing to Brentford and focusing on one competition. We'll see what happens.

monies.thumb.jpg.0f747fe0f90a16bdffb59c407e7a355d.jpg

Pretty crap fiances but there getting better every month, let's hope we stay up and continue to make more money. 

Good win over Fulham and draw with West Ham, but a tough home loss to Bournemouth. I suppose the Arsenal defeat was expected but, at least, the score line was respectable. That’s a tough schedule in January with Man City and Chelsea and your only home game all month is Chelsea.

Where about in the league are you and how many points above / off safety? (I’m assuming Wolves are still in the bottom three, but hope I’m wrong.

Good 🍀 luck - I think you are going to need it.

Any news on players returning from injury and new signings?

11 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Good win over Fulham and draw with West Ham, but a tough home loss to Bournemouth. I suppose the Arsenal defeat was expected but, at least, the score line was respectable. That’s a tough schedule in January with Man City and Chelsea and your only home game all month is Chelsea.

Where about in the league are you and how many points above / off safety? (I’m assuming Wolves are still in the bottom three, but hope I’m wrong.

Good 🍀 luck - I think you are going to need it.

Any news on players returning from injury and new signings?

Here's the League table after the Brighton game. We are in 15th place right now but only 2 points out of the danger zone, and something tells me there isn't going to be much separation after this month. 

Table.thumb.jpg.bc150d101cca8acd9a772a26f6e4fc26.jpg

No new players yet, I've been keeping the scouts busy but no one has caught my eye yet. Mountinho should be back for Chelsea but Calvaleiro and our back up GK are still out for about a month or so.

It was a challenging month from the Wolves but we managed to survive the month of January, and for the most part I'm very pleased with the team. We showed a lot of fight and determination, and some hope for the future. Big months for CB Boly, and Adama Toure, and Raul Jimenez proved he can put the ball into the back of the net.

3-2 (Toure x2, Jimenez)

Wolves-Brighton.thumb.jpg.0b734e8c198c39e1fe9316d4f83f35b4.jpg

Starting the year off right as we beat Brighton away from home 3-2. Toure ran rough shot over the Brighton defense picking up 2 goals and an assist, and Jimenez scores his first goal as a Wolf. The midfield and attackers really brought their A game, and Patricio was very good at the back.

FA Cup 4-1 (Jimenez x2, Toure, Gibbs-White)

Wolves-Brentford.thumb.jpg.dd324c811a2261a80ff54197cfc381ce.jpg

A nice FA Cup match up to hopefully bring the spirits of the team up. Toure and Jimenez both pick up were they left off, and academy graduate Gibbs-White scores his first senior goal for the club. A special moment for a player that going to get a lot of game time at the club. The all team was magnificent and hopefully provides us with some momentum.

2-4 ( Costa, Boly)

Wolves-Chelsea.thumb.jpg.821edadcd30985bea5259ae4a223892f.jpg

And just like that momentum is gone, as Chelsea took a 3-0 lead in the first half and then took their foot off the gas. A valiant comeback fell short and an own goal by Boly sealed the game away. Another loss against a top 6 team, but my team showed fight and that's very promising.

0-2

539714618_Wolves-ManCity.thumb.jpg.0dad7a55663f4490e6c2d3588f3e990a.jpg

We put in a lot of effort and gave it everything we could but at the end of the day the massive talent gap won out. 

FA Cup 2-1 (Mountinho x2)

Wolves-Leeds.thumb.jpg.b4516deb57f3e749559381a89f03ea1b.jpg

There's nothing more I can say about Moutinho, he just an absolute beast in the midfield. When no one else showed up to play he took the team on his back once again. It's a rather unimportant game as I don't care about the FA Cup this year like the board does but it's a good win to flip our momentum. 

2-1 (Boly, Jack Cook O.G)

Wolves-Burnley.thumb.jpg.fb724a94616eb92a5d5bcc9f3935bb02.jpg

We leave the safety of home to play doomed Burnley, and this game showed why they are going down. Don't let the stats fool you we owned this game, an injury time goal was a little to late for them as we brushed them aside. It's very nice to end the month on a high note because another top 6 team awaits for us at the start of February. 

Wolves After LB?

Breaking news out of Wolverhampton today as the Wolverhampton Wolves have come to an agreementt with Rosenberg FC for starting LB Birger Meling. The 24 year old LB could be coming to the Molineux for a reported fee of 1.7 mil. This could leave the door opened for more possible moves before the deadline.

1294119579_Transfer1.thumb.jpg.4c64db5e5b03286193df9baf3277fbf1.jpg

Wolves Bring in 3 On Deadline Day

1. Birger Meling LB 24 from Rosenborg - 1.7 mil 1.5 mil/year

2000214139_Melingdeal.thumb.jpg.5868033180c5202ceb97efced6f7c8f5.jpg

Meling.thumb.jpg.34fcfe3a294468f4af7461ce09a318ca.jpg

Not the world's best signing, but he doesn't need to be. Meling will come in as the starting LB allowing Jonny to move back to his more favorable RB position. While Meling might struggle against the bigger teams, he's a cheap starter that helps fill a giant hole on the team. And he's not a bad player by any means he's just not someone who is going to wow you.

2.  Scott McTominay CM 22 Man Utd - Loan

1311712178_McTominayloan.thumb.jpg.1d29f16740dd645d0e34187cbaa30764.jpg

McTominay.thumb.jpg.eb299d2b97e71b46a0103ad2e6fe221c.jpg 

More of a depth move, he fits into the box to box role very nicely even though the finishing, dribbling, and long shots aren't there. His physicals are nice and he's going to improve going against Premier League competition. It also allows to rest Mountinho and Neves more often.

3, Svetozar Markovic 18 CB Partizan - 3.5 mil 412k/year 

1338845550_Markovicdeal.thumb.jpg.287650c6ec30a0098f545dbcef4dfdc1.jpg 

Markovic2.thumb.jpg.5ca35733117d7f91d106e8adb11d439b.jpg

A favorite from my last Derby save, he won't play this year unfortunately but should be here for next season. He's a solid all around CB and should develop into one of the better CBs in the league. With potentially 1 CB leaving in the offseason Markovic will get his chance to prove himself soon.   

484949236_TransferDeadlineDayW1.thumb.jpg.ca048b96f4342ae0835b77124622ed68.jpg

Can't wait for the goals Lozano is going to drop on me during his stay at Old Trafford. 

Table2.thumb.jpg.916b41a02e53afbac49777b57e96831a.jpg

It got cut off but Burnley is in 20th with 14 points,

scheddy2.thumb.jpg.267653a20f919b0fe000f9e228a5ca5c.jpg

No rest for the wicked but hopefully we can string some results together after the Man Utd game. 

We escape February still out of the relegation zone, but we lose new LB signing Birger Meling for most of the season. We just need to survive 2 and a half months and we are still in the FA Cup

1-3 (Toure)

445096095_Wolves-ManUtd.thumb.jpg.39c89f90979e8df12254d9e71fe6afd9.jpg 

We didn't play too bad, but once again Man Utd has an overwhelming talent advantage. The most important part is that we didn't lay down and the team has the fight to stay up.

1-1 (Boly)

Wolves-Leicester.thumb.jpg.26225d3d075f3e3ef007f11d48f3365c.jpg  

For being a 1-1 draw this match was incredibly entertaining, both teams went back and forth exchanging chances. Our goal came off when Schmeichel came off his line but came no where close as the free kick found Boly and and his header easily got passed Schmeichel. They tied the game off a free kick when Patricio made the first save off a Harry Maguire headed but he couldn't atop the 2nd after Evans picked up the rebound. Both defenses played great and is probably the most interesting match I've had this season.

FA Cup 1-0 (Boly)

Wolves-Reading.thumb.jpg.f6adc3314864ba110ee2b66ceacb43cf.jpg

We really should have won this game by more but a wins a win. We got our chances in but our finishing was poor. But the FA Cup charge continues.   

0-1

Wolves-Southampton.thumb.jpg.4077474c3ff975e9c01a4079fecaf53e.jpg

So damn frustrating once again we waste another brilliant defending game with no offense. It's really starting to get frustrating I have no clue why this team is struggling like it is.

4-1(Jimenez x2, McTominay, Jota)

Wolves-Huddersfield.thumb.jpg.631264e8076c3fa3da79b1926fd06ac0.jpg

Coming into this game it was 17th vs 18th, Origri went down early but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise as Raul Jimenez came on out and scored a brace. McTominay scored his first goal here with the team. Jota scored his first goal since me joining the team on a beautiful free kick. It was a great way to end the month and hopefully gives us some momentum.

scheddy3.thumb.jpg.12bbc39f328a79af1eebe2e4b8e36546.jpg

2 teams from London coming to the Molineux and hopefully we get some good luck. Everton, Watford, and Crystal Palace are huge games but 2/3 are on the road. Lucky for us we do pretty well away from home.

Table3.thumb.jpg.b4440bf781993d4acc9921afac99fdf5.jpg

Burnely still in 20th with 15 points 

YI1.thumb.jpg.c398479c1c300bd69fd27b8a7de146cb.jpg

My 1st youth intake and it's not great Bob. Really disappointing and we have a pretty strong youth set up. 

0-2

Wolves-Everton.thumb.jpg.88e0b9c1f7c15311849ae1a43b310905.jpg

We dominated that team but Everton take full advantage of their chances (that seems to be the theme lately), very disappointment as we were the better team, but oh well we march forward. Doherty with 2 really costly mistakes this game.

1-0 (Jimenez)

Wolves-Tottenham.thumb.jpg.0308c7dd6e415c0f5d0960991e215c38.jpg

Our winless record against the big 6 is over, decided to go with a more aggressive formation and it pays off. Jimenez jumps on a quick goal and the defense does the rest. Doherty with a great game that makes up for his awful game against Everton

3-2 (Mctominay, Boly, Saiss)

Wolves-Watford2.thumb.jpg.7067ef48ecb5b2d700931344f2fcb151.jpg

Don't let the stats fool you this was not a close game, whats even better is we got to rest our 3 best players (Jota, Mourtinho, and Neves). McTominay scored off free kick rebound, Boly by a header from a free kick, and Saiss actually slid home a beautiful strike into the bottom corner.

FA Cup 1-0 (Neves)

Wolves-Arsenal2.thumb.jpg.f4ca5a8fdb8440db48df6dc8ec471a29.jpg

Almost the same thing as the Tottenham game grab an early lead and trust the defense. This time the goal came from a beautiful goal from Neves outside the box. This is the 2nd big 6 team we've beaten this month, maybe this team is finally starting to come together.

0-2 

804107070_Wolves-CrystalPalace.thumb.jpg.8074a970b17a8f3fce68dc390fea0bb6.jpg

Or maybe not, terrible game all round from the boys. To be fair this was coming off a 2 weeks of international games that really tired out the squad, but that shouldn't really be an excuse. But all in all it was a really good month and I'll take it 10 times out of 10.  

3-1 (Dendoncker, Jota, O.G Ciran Clark)

Wolves-Newcastle2.thumb.jpg.4ab039f6c1312da4799d792a06c12e9d.jpg

We came out and dominated this game from the get go. Our defense was solid the entire game, the only goal they managed to score was when we left Sung-Yeung unmarked on a free kick and scored an easy header. Other then that it was a complete game against a team that's no slouch. 

FA Cup 1p-1 (Gibbs-White)

Wolves-EvertonFA.thumb.jpg.711f28c1000352f92154184c431628d0.jpg

Gibbs-White scores his second ever goal for the club and the defense comes back from giving up a penalty to stonewall Everton. In penalties Moutinho, Gibbs-White, and Doherty scored, while Jimenez, Costa, and Coady were denied. For Everton Gomes, and Walcott scored while Sigurosson, Kenny, Bernard, and Mina all were stopped. This takes to the final and what a HUGE opportunity this would be for the save winning our 1st FA Cup in under the 1st 4 seasons and the possibility of European football next season. 

1-4 (Dendoncker)

Wolves-Liverpool.thumb.jpg.b133e2bb1c9063cc591193e8dd806efd.jpg

Inevitable, I've never had success trying to gegenpress Klopp while he's been at Liverpool. The back line got shredded but atleast it was better then the last time. 

1-1 (Traore)

Wolves-Cardiff.thumb.jpg.44008122732c3a48f7204933207bcffe.jpg

Coming off 3 big games this one comes as a let down. We get the equalizer on the man advantage but not the winner, I swear this team plays to their opponents skill level.  

1-0 (Jota)

Wolves-Arsenal3.thumb.jpg.1e8e0b0dbb9c51aa2d22d927bf061d10.jpg

The defense with another crack performance, and Jota gets the only goal off a nice cross from Doherty. The whole team channeled there inner Sir Alex as we beat his biggest rivals. To lose out a huge month for the team. 

Survive.thumb.jpg.f1cc47278eff5cf27e54ea3383bd3c7b.jpg

After beating Arsenal we are official safe for the season, with 2 more games left and a FA Cup final we'll see how the team responses to the pressure being off. 

Edited by JaytheGreat

10 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Congratulations on avoiding relegation and then some. Nice job.

Here’s to a good transfer window and an even better season next year.

Thanks @Stuniverse, hopefully I can work some magic in the offseason. It's certainly been a stressful season to say the least.

1-0 (Traore)

Wolves-Bournemouth2.thumb.jpg.2ea06f706219eeb6154ff8dd629e4305.jpg

A Fergie time goal gets us the win at Dean Court, Traore took a pass in the midfield and used his speed to beat 3 players into the box and powered home the victory for Wolves.

2-1 (Origri, Jota)

1832795252_Wolves-WestHam2.thumb.jpg.fcb4f4aed2cf6affd12a3aade4692c1d.jpg

Origri broke a 20 GAME scoring drought to put us on the board, later Jota breaks the deadlock late in the game to give us the win. It was a great way to end the Premier League season, but we have one more game left so we can't relax yet.

TableFinal.thumb.jpg.7ccc40e2fdbc2fc4a67d7995d9b93c51.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

19th in November when you took over and a 12th place finish.

Great job, @JaytheGreat!

Thank you my friend, my first attempt with this challenge in FM 17 I got Everton and even with a world class striker (Lukaku) I think I ended up in 15th and losing to Championship side in the 4th round of the FA Cup. If this is any indicator to how the save will pan out, there's going to lots of trophies in the future. 

Also Derby finished 19th in the Championship and Lampard is very close to being fired. They just missed being relegated on the last day by drawing with West Brom 2-2

Edited by JaytheGreat

MIRACLE CUP RUN FOR WOLVES CONTINUES!!!!!!!

I'm standing here live at Wembley Stadium as the Wolverhampton Wolves pull of the upset of the season as the beat Chelsea 4-3 on penalties. The result being even more inpressive after starting CM Ruben Neves went down with an injury 2 days before the game keeping him out of the match. Chelsea manager Maurizo Sarri sent out a 4-3-1-2 with the back line featuring Zappacosta, Christensen, Rudiger, and Alonso. The midfield consisted of Kante, Jorginho, and Kovacic, with an attacking middle of Hazard, Higuan, and Giroud. Wolves manager Jay Ferguson countered with an aggressive 4-2-3-1. The usual Doherty, Boly, Coady, Jonny backline, with Mountinho and Dendoncker manning the midfield, Gibbs-White at CAM, with Jota and Costa on the wings and Origri up top. Chelsea struck 1st as Higuan was unmarked and smashed home an Alonso cross right before half time, Wolves tie it up in the 71st as Christensen pushes Origri down in the box trying to defend a Jonny cross. Enter in Joao Moutinho who calmly and emphatically blasted the penalty by the GK. The Blues and their fans thought they had the game won in the 117th minute as Willian put home a Pedro cross off a free kick but was disallowed for pushing off. Both Willian and manager Sarri were still irate with the call after the game. In penalties Chelsea's 1st and last shooters (Higuan and Pedro) both had their penalties saved, while just Ivan Calvalerio had his penalty stopped for Wolves.

FA Cup 1p-1 (Moutinho)

1617432196_FACupWolves1.thumb.jpg.8f8704febe927b51f9c3e61b2f10d8a1.jpg

474761912_FACupWolves1B.thumb.jpg.fda6f8934fed9472023200ffe9147e01.jpg

Edited by JaytheGreat

WOLVES SIGN 4 1ST TEAM PLAYERS

1. Angus Gunn GK 23 Southampton

GunnDeal.thumb.jpg.122241f53ab7eac249d81e66ba49ef0b.jpg

Gunn.thumb.jpg.969d76f56be2e0a4da41a9ce560c960f.jpg

Both of my GKs are over 30 and Gunn is one of the best GKs in the UK. At 23 he's still developing and will be able to learn behind Patricio. Gunn will start the Cup matches and Europa League games so he'll get his time to develop. Very happy with this transfer as Gunn will be a brick wall for us for probably the next decade.

2. Maximiliano Gomez ST Vigo

GomezDeal.thumb.jpg.89f8e004ae34f2591c2ed0e7015bcde4.jpg

Gomez.thumb.jpg.90fb20106106eb60469570c13f5c1533.jpg

I turned to Gomez after I missed out on Origri on a free even though he didn't play well last season. Gomez is going to come in and play the same role as Jimenez who I think meshed with our attacking wingers really well. Considering we don;t have another striker on our team Gomez is going to get a lot of chances to prove show what he's got.

3. Djibril Sow CM 22 Young Boys

SowDeal.thumb.jpg.bd23369ab216dbdc9cc6ba85cd410e76.jpg

Sow.thumb.jpg.fe3bbff1c027dc7331e904aa7c4cdedd.jpg

Our replacement for Ruben Neves, he's got room to develop plus great passing and dribbling. Sow should have a great career year feeding our wingers and strikers. Really happy with this transfer considering we lost out on Van der Beek to Dortmond. 

4. Kieran Tierney LB 22 Celtic

Tierney.thumb.jpg.c34b64fdac7dbd3737bded1129dc3979.jpg

Tierney2.thumb.jpg.2059b9f1a7eba6131f83bdcbf96f1e85.jpg

I have no idea how no team was interested in him, oh well are their loss is our gain. Tierney is going to be a superstar, everything about is game is fantastic and was a coup. He's an instant upgrade at LB and will probably stay around long enough to be a club .

Just two 1st teamers leaving Neves 90 mil and our back up GK for 2 mil. So not too many holes to fill, which meant I wasn't forced into buy any specific position besides ST.

Community Shield 1-3 (O.G Van Dijk)

CommunityShield.thumb.jpg.6db2521c6389e93d43bc0bff574c3d58.jpg

Well Liverpool beats us once again, but this is the closest we've ever gotten to beating them. Liverpool just has so much speed in their attack, and wings, Lovern and VvD are almost impossible to break through. Patricio stood on his head but still let 3 get by him. Tierney, Sow, and Gomez all had solid games and I look forward to see how they mesh into the team. 

August.thumb.jpg.40e1052ea5a4b778ef65b952c6dd5cdd.jpg

Lets make the most out of this month as we don't have to worry about playing a big 6 team this month. 

WOLVES BRING IN WOODBURN ON LOAN

Wolves bring in Liverpool Striker on loan at the summer transfer deadline. Manager Ferguson is happy to bring in Woodburn as cover for his attack, Woodburn can play striker, AML, and CAM. With only one striker in the 1st team that's were Woodburn will most spend most of his time playing there. 

WoodburnLoan.thumb.jpg.e9bc2d6e71825fb4fe9486005aa1abfe.jpg

Woodburn.thumb.jpg.17e4af97578701ebf773c8dae7e0a273.jpg

1 hour ago, scarp said:

Tierney will sort your left side for at least a decade. Looking forward to how you do in Europe. KUTGW!

Thank you, I'm so excited to have Tierney he's one of the few players I've never had. I expect to do well in Europe but we'll see how the group goes before I make any wild predictions.  

4-0 (Moutinho, Jota x2, Gomez)

Wolves-Newcastle3.thumb.jpg.f281598bd6f5bf86a927e448ca8aaafd.jpg

2-2 (Moutinho, Cavalerio)

Wolves-Brighton2.thumb.jpg.087c473ee54fd524b45455f2dda1a712.jpg

1-0 (Costa)

1288035334_Wolves-WestHam3.thumb.jpg.bf6cdccc0435c6650609470b87f8a0ce.jpg

1-1 (Gomez)

Wolves-Leeds2.thumb.jpg.ee85aee26fb157cf33789202cb233f96.jpg

We went undefeated this month so I can't really complain, but those 2 draws should have been wins. We missed a ton of chances in both games. but I attribute that to the young players not yet gelling together. Also great to see new singing Gomez scoring on his Premier League debut.

3-2 (Jota, Sow, O.G Alli)

Wolves-Tottenham2.thumb.jpg.f4d696a6e2dada6769055d1ff798059b.jpg

We really like playing Tottenham, and it showed as we came out and dominated the Hotspurs. Sow bags his first goal as a Wonderer and he chose a great game to get it. Moutinho with some excellent passing, he still is playing at a great level despite being 33 which is why he just got a new fat contract rather then leaving on a free at the end of the year. 

1-1 (Gomez)

Wolves-Sporting.thumb.jpg.a5110ce1943c9578097b42fea768b281.jpg

It was 5 days after the Tottenham game and some players were really tired. I wanted to give Moutinho, Sow, and Jota the time to rest as our next game was only 3 days away. So for the team I sent out I'll take this result, it was a pretty back and forth type game with not too many quality chances by either team.

3-1 (Gibbs-White, Traore x2)

Wolves-Southampton2.thumb.jpg.9e07a9940e2895a18239349e7f79d6c2.jpg

This game we did finish our chances as Adama Traore comes on as a sub a burns the Southampton defense. Mir gets his first start during my time here and picks up as an assist. As a whole the defense did a pretty good job.

League Cup 3-1 (Cavalerio, Skov Olsen x2)

Wolves-Bournemouth3.thumb.jpg.16bb19f88d067e8f4f2d7da10c935220.jpg

Good game all around from a tricky draw in the League Cup. Andreas Skov Olsen decided to prove he should be considered to play in my AMR rotation. Gunn is once again solid between the pipes and good some good defensive support. Even if it's just a Cup game it's great momentum and another step to earning another trophy.

2-0 (Gomez, Jota)

Wolves-Leicester2.thumb.jpg.0a22e9f80f5952221011aa4bb0089e59.jpg

A pretty back and forth game which I thought was going to be a 0-0 draw until Gomez got a goal in the 64th minute. Leicester may have had the slight edge in stats but at King Power Stadium I think both the teams were pretty even, I think we were lucky to get the 3 points but I'm not complaining. We are finish this month undefeated 2 months into the season. I doubt we stay that way as we starting playing the top 6 with more frequency but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. 

Europa League 5-2 ( Calaveiro x2, Skov Olsen x2, Woodburn) 

1835048091_Wolves-RapidVienna.thumb.jpg.9493f8bb3b495fe20a3fb54cb7b02ca2.jpg

We beat the crap out of Vienna at home. Calaveiro and Skov Olsen score braces and Woodburn breaks his duck. Sow was pulling the strings and the whole team in general played really well.

4-3 ( Gomez x3, Calaveiro)

Wolves-Bournemouth4.thumb.jpg.4eee0f4b6a872bfee7a5275722d60820.jpg

We almost blew a 4-0 lead, and I was going to be pissed. Gomez was outstanding and showed with his hat trick, he's starting to catch fire which is huge for our attack. 

1-0  ( Calaveiro)

Wolves-Reading2.thumb.jpg.1234ea2a0bd9e104326b1b4bdf2a0417.jpg

Jonny got sent off with a straight red right before halftime. The way we played we should have won but I thought would end in a scoreless tie. Sow and Tierney both missed open opportunities to put us ahead. Calaveiro took a late game Tierney cross and made no mistake with it keeping our winning streak alive.  

Europa League 4-1 ( Gomez x2, Calaveiro, Tierney)

Wolves-Kyiv.thumb.jpg.c419bc9d91c3eba4d9d1bd5201e09ba5.jpg

Another Europa League game, and another floor waxing. Gomez had another terrific game scoring a brace. Tierney also got in on the fun scoring a screamer off the left wing and also provided an assist. 

3-1 ( Troare, Saiss, Gomez)

618589128_Wolves-ManUtd2.thumb.jpg.7ab825d71a0547306e0336ffc93490f0.jpg

Now this was something I really didn't except, we pretty much dominated the game while both playing a 4-1-2-3 countering formation. It was 0-0 at half and then Troare opened the scoring by taking a Jota cross and put it in the back of the net. Saiss added another one with a floater into the top corner from outside the box. Gomez converts a penalty after getting pulled down by Lindelof. Lozano got one back from the Red Devils with a long ball from Pogba. The grass is always greener huh Neves?

League Cup 0-0p (Damn) 

Wolves-Southampton3.thumb.jpg.4c1c5ce441062e76b5c6daad23761e57.jpg

I think our very busy schedule finally caught up with us, even though we should have won. It went to penalties, Ings missed right away then they wouldn't miss, Costa had his penalty saved and Calaveiro beat the goalie but hit the bottom post. I want to win every trophy possible but with our Premier League run it lets us focus on that and the Europa League. 

1284713289_NovScheddy.thumb.jpg.b312813f2a55e1593abc5dbe6ad3c3e2.jpg

Rough month ahead, we are really going to learn a lot about the team this month.

TableNov.thumb.jpg.c5bf2a957eadf337be49b93cce7e4512.jpg

Poor Reading is in last with 1 point 

OctManager.thumb.jpg.1d3a2dd6fb8b54a6a02ce87e81a46ad9.jpg

I get the award which is awesome, but this award should really go to my players they earned it. 

Congratulations, @JaytheGreat. Wolves are flying on all fronts, although the League Cup loss on penalties must’ve been a kick in the teeth.

Great wins against Man Utd and Tottenham must give you confidence and looking strong in your European Group too.