A way to purchase a club

YUK0N

1} Let us import our manager and save from the previous version even if it means missing out on the new data base, give us the choice.. As for me I watch every game at fast speed in 3D mode {I cant play any other way)  so it takes a good 2 to 3 weeks a season. This is just how I love to play. I get a sense of how the players play and I just like it better.  So when I start a manager its usually at the lowest age I can unemployed and the lowest skills. So its definitely something I would want to continue over into the new game. This is huge for me.

2) Better communication between the manager and Board.  Also better contract negotiating.

3) A way to purchase a club if you have saved up enough money to do so, also being able to manage that club or another while owning the club still while hiring a manager to run your club if you want.

4) Anything please anything to invest in the 3D aspect of the game. If this was my game This would be a top priority. Becuase I think PES is heading in this direction, being able to manage your team like we do in FM but with much better graphics. Its a guess and instinct I have and maybe Im wrong. Maybe not next season but I feel it coming and I believe in looking ahead on how I would improve so I can stay on top in the product I have.

This month marks my 1 year point of playing this game and I love it. In my old age and being disabled it has giving me an enjoyment of doing something that I love to do everyday so I look foward to everyday. Thanks for a great game and I hope you stay on top.

• Administrators

Unless of course it's a request for the game to become 'Football Chairman', allow the manager to spend their own money or to do any other task a Football Manager simply would never do. 

Unless of course it's a request for the game to become 'Football Chairman', allow the manager to spend their own money or to do any other task a Football Manager simply would never do. 

Over here in the states players buy teams in Baseball football basketball and hockey. I just thought it would be a cool addition give you incentive to make money and maybe a VNN or VNS or some low level team comes up for sale as we see when there are take overs. Say you've got the money saved up you could buy the team hire the personal to run the club and manage it or higher a manager or what ever.. Was just a suggestion that I liked.

But then it would be Football Chairman (a game that already exists, albeit only on mobile), not Football Manager.

And not that this is hugely important, but where are the real-life examples? Has Jürgen Klopp used his millions to invest in 1. CfR Pforzheim and hire coaching staff for them? Has Rafa Benítez decided that his next job will be as chairman/benefactor at Blyth Spartans?

• Administrators

Pique buying FC Andorra is one such example. 

Barry Fry is the only example I can think of that was chairman and manager at the same time.

But I believe in these cases which are so rare, the roles of manager/chairman don't really intersect, so its only right these would never be in Football Manager. 

5 hours ago, YUK0N said:

Was just a suggestion that I liked.

The suggestion comes up a lot but FM prides itself on trying to simulate the world of Football as close as it can. 

Aside from that, the role of chairman would just involve a ton of clicking around and not really being involved in the match experience, which is the biggest thing about FM and the most interesting part as a player of the game. 

Otherwise you really are just navigating around and not seeing much happen in the game, and there's not a ton to do day to day as a chairman really.

Closest you can get to buying a club and running it is I would say, Create a Club mode, and with the unlockables or the in-game editor, make yourself unsackable. You may as well just do that @YUK0N

Manager renegotiation for developing INT players also would be nice, especially for managers who have long careers, just seems so much you can do..

Like Winning not just more trophies but winning different league trophies and countries.

And there definitely needs to be better negotiations between the board and Manager. I most only stay at some teams just because of the work Ive done. But in the end the money reward is not there or the recognition. Like they don't care that youve brought there team from 6 leagues down to win the premier cup. imho.

Sorry missed your post above. But I'm not talking about changing this game and as a chairman I would put someone else in charge and still manage that team or higher a manager and then go manage some where else or stay where I made my name. It was just a suggestion anyways. Something for the managers to be able to do with there earnings also earnings need to  be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived