[FM 19] Fola's Career

Fola

May '22

qpjKr9a.png

Amazing player- delighted I managed to bring him in for so cheap in the summer of last. Not had a player since Helder Costa of his ilk.

fhDXXmw.png

His best ever season in terms of goals scored. Not bad with a RW!

TX5DDln.png

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 21/22 - Player season stats

dgf12ZJ.jpg

Goalkeepers

vOurNCm.png

Mattia Perin was my starting keeper and did great. When we lost Lukasz Skorupski last summer, I was worried but he's a great keeper. Vito Mannone and Rashed Al-Tumi were back ups.

Defenders

QsC0zh2.png

Arturo Calabresi had another great season for me and is a proper leader at this club. Tiago Matos didn't feature. Jonathan Panzo had to make do with more of a backup place this season. Antony Angileri is brilliant, I do tend to forget he's only 20. Rivaldo Coetzee started the season well but he did waver off and then couldn't get into the side. Daniel Wass probably isn't good enough at this level, he doesn't really fit into this system. Ibrahima Mbaye was OK, probably need an upgrade at RB. Federico Mattiello again had a great season at LB. Federico Dimarco was a good backup and Angelo Pifarotti is definitely one for the future.

Midfielders

N3fgkN6.png

Alessandro Murgia was my usual starting centre midfielder- he's a class act. Ronaldo Vieira was more of a backup but he's a player that I really like. Ladislav Krejci was a backup but he did well when called upon. Bruma was outstanding, there's no other words for it. Theo is one for the future- he's got a very bright future ahead of him. Mattias Svanberg had another very good season but Riccardo Orsolini was a shock for me- he was absolutely amazing. Sergio Gomez is a class act and Pelayo Morilla is just another level. What a great pair they are.

Strikers

3dFzZ9A.png

I managed to give Paul Glatzel some game time which I was very pleased about. Fabio Silva had another great season and was my top goalscorer. Borja Garces was average and was loaned out in January.

jtzHh04.png

Also had these guys out on loan.

Edited by Fola

1 minute ago, Fola said:

June '22

Y9jtfe0.png

Champions of Italy, Champions League football and this is the budget I get.

YSCVJGK.png

15% transfer revenue.

This board are a joke.

Outrageous!!

August '22

The transfer window has finished and despite having a terrible budget to deal with, I am quite happy with our business over the summer.

I will start off with the outs and then I will going into the incomings on a new post.

NsMyGle.png
HWAnymP.png

Some first team players have regrettably left the club but we really needed to try and raise as much money as we could. I have been quite impressed with the fact that I have been able to get loan fees with a number of my upcoming youngsters and backup players.

Five first team left the club, with the most notable being Mattias Svanberg.

V68sLb3.png

It's a real shame to have lost him as he has been fantastic for me. I still think he can improve but he wanted to leave and I wasn't really going to stand in his way. He was a key player for me over the past four seasons but I am confident we have been able to bring in a more than adequate replacement which you will find out later.

vkqvjkX.png

Gabriele Corbo also joined Benfica for a fee which could rise to £7.75 million. The great thing about this transfer was that he actually never played a game for the club and spent the last few seasons out on loan so happy to get the fee we did. Rivaldo Coetzee joined me last season but was more of a backup player for me and joins fellow Serie A side Crotone. Ladislav Krejci has left to head to Japan. He was a good player for me over the seasons and he deserved to go somewhere and play football. Manilo Di Masi never played for me and joined on a free so a small profit.

August '22

Now onto the incomings and some very exciting signings.

4uUK2vL.png

aBB80up.png

Joins on a free from fellow Serie A side Lazio. To be able to bring in a player of this quality is amazing. I am hoping he will have the same impact as Orsolini did last season. At only 22 years of age, he has plenty of time to improve and push on. Strangely he's not played much for Lazio but I am hoping he can come good here.

uO6PyDu.png

Our most expensive transfer but what a player this guy could become. We only paid £1 million upfront and then £25 million in installments but he had all of the big boys in Europe after him so I am absolutely delighted to have been able to bring him in.

k7sts8j.png

One for the future. Excited to see how he develops in the future.

5OR4mOL.png

Joins on a season long loan from rivals Juventus. He's an Italian international and brings some experience to a young squad. Can play at either RB or LB. 

fVkiSUU.png

Replacement for Mattias Svanberg and joins us on loan from PSG. He was a key player for Lazio over the past few seasons and actually scored a few against us in the past. PSG bought him last summer for £31 million and he made 16 appearances for them last season, scoring five times but they have decided to let him leave on loan. I think he could be a key player for us.

On 29/07/2019 at 00:46, kidthekid said:

fantastic season man. Your early signings are paying huge dividends.

Thanks for the comment mate. I am hoping that my summer signings this season can push on too.

On 29/07/2019 at 02:52, Gee_Simpson said:

Excellent season mate. Terrible form from the board here! 

Yeah, the sooner they leave the better. I am still only getting 15% transfer revenue which is terrible. Thanks for the comment mate and hope you keep reading.

August '22

gRBAHIa.jpg

Goalkeepers

dXcGGoX.png 1 - Mattia Perrin

dXcGGoX.png 13 - Vito Mannone

dXcGGoX.png 57 - Alessio Furlanetto

Centre Backs

dXcGGoX.png 33 - Arturo Calabresi

dXcGGoX.png 59 - Antony Angileri

dXcGGoX.png 23 - Paulo Bianciardi

o3D2myr.png 12 - Jonathan Panzo

Rights Backs

dXcGGoX.png 26 - Mattia Di Sciglio

NCrXTqz.png 15 - Ibrahima Mbaye

dXcGGoX.png 20 - Angelo Pifarotti

dXcGGoX.png 32 - Luca Gallina

Left Backs

dXcGGoX.png 6 - Federico Mattiello

dXcGGoX.png 29 - Federico Dimarco

Centre Midfielders

dXcGGoX.png 22 - Alessandro Murgia

o3D2myr.png 4 - Ronaldo Vieira

37tdd49.png 10 - Sergio Gomez

vl8XuLS.png 14 - Theo

vl8XuLS.png 3 - Remy Delaporte

Centre Attacking Midfielders

37tdd49.png 11 - Luis Alberto

Right Wingers

dXcGGoX.png 5 - Riccardo Orsolini 

3F9ak7t.png 30 - Orji Okwonkwo

Left Wingers

XYQ9j9Y.png 7 - Bruma

XYQ9j9Y.png 9 - Pedro Neto

Strikers

XYQ9j9Y.png 16 - Fabio Silva

o3D2myr.png 60 - Paul Glatzel

dXcGGoX.png 24 - Cosimo Marco Da Graca

August '22

tZiRuvC.png

Despite our success last season, the bookmakers still don't really fancy us. My aim this season is to finish top 4- I think saying we are going to win the league again is unrealistic.

August '22

Rlvxyas.png

Exciting times.

Missed many of the big boys. Aleti are a good side and have finished 2nd the past two seasons in Spain so they're a good side but I'm quietly optimistic.

Still not got round to the screenshots for the squad overview- sorry about that, will be done soon!

August '22

cCqZg1n.png

Delighted with this. 

He had all the big boys sniffing round him yet we've managed to get him signed up to a new deal here. I have no doubt that he will have to leave the club at some point, but I just hope that's in about three or four years, not any time soon!

da5T4YN.png

He's been a revelation since he moved here as a 16 year old. He's started this season extremely well too.

ZMgE4bM.png

August '22

cRCT3uH.png

Sergio Gomez has been called up to the Spanish squad for the first time. I wasn't blown away by him when he first joined but he was amazing last season and has started this season off great too.

RZIqegZ.png

Bayern Munich put in an offer for him and he wanted to leave. Eventually I managed to get him to agree a new deal but it insisted on a minimum fee release clause which I am sure a side will take advantage off soon.

Remember, we only get 15% of transfers so even if a side does reach the £76 million asking price, we will only get £11.5 million to spend on new players.

JJBAfpC.png

September '22

bxNlRqY.png

Last bit of action from the transfer window and I have let one of my promising youngsters Paul Glatzel leave on loan.

RRUIrD3.png

Ideally I would of liked him to stay in Italy but the Italian transfer window has shut and he has joined Championship side Fulham for the season. We also managed to get a good deal for him too so it will bring a little bit of extra cash into the club.

NJYuVZg.png

I still definitely see a future for him at the club. Just this season he finds himself behind Fabio Silva and I have decided to go with Cosimo Marco Da Graca as my number two striker.

ZUzF9ZN.png

He has had a few excellent loan spells in the division below and he is a player who I think definitely deserves a shot in my first team.

9UvqFO1.png

September '22

9TszhOn.png

I've given Murgia a new bumper contract and what a player he has been for me. Alongside Sergio Gomez in midfield he has been fantastic- I am still pinching myself that I managed to bring him in for £3.5 million a few seasons back.

Surely an international call up has to be on the cards soon.

1BRAWUV.png

August '22 - September '22

PDgwPSa.png

What an amazing start to the season.

5RW27WU.png

We sit top of the table and top of our UCL group and we are also unbeaten.

With the more games we have to play, the players have been getting very tired and also picking up a lot of injuries so I have had to use a lot of my squad already. Fabio Silva, Bruma and Orji Okwonkwo all have been injured for 6 weeks or so- which makes our run even more impressive.

Long may it continue.

13ktTUt.png

• 2 weeks later...

October '22

PXDA3GL.png

I haven't had as much time recently but wanted to leave a quick update to let you know this hasn't died,

What a season this has been so far. After 15 games we are sitting top of the table and we are currently top of our UCL group too.

XmXoMwu.png

It's great to have so much depth in the side, I just hope we can hold onto them when January comes around.

I also managed to get our transfer revenue up to 90% so it's all going very well!

lfXF5dZ.png

October '22

xOOpYoS.png

I've been really impressed with this guy so far. He came through my youth side and has spent the last few seasons out on loan but he really is an integral part of my side now. 

I have re-trained him as a right wing back and he's put in some great performances so far.

kn6CcAy.png

Also been very impressed with Theo. He joined the club a few seasons back and he was one that I was expecting to move out but when he's come into the side, he's been fantastic. Excited about the future at this club.

Nice career you got going here, I fancy Bologna quite a bit, they're in the (very long) list of teams to manage :) Good luck in chasing the second Italian title, and I think there's a good chance you could do something good in Europe, too. 

November '22

25pcwFf.png

The World Cup is taking place now so weirdly we have two months off mid season which is annoying as we've been doing so well.

wCr5VAY.png

I have given Orsolini a new deal and a well deserved one at that. He hasn't been as impressive as last season but he's still done very well. Still can't believe Juventus let him join us on a free!

aFpadge.png

On 22/08/2019 at 23:21, noikeee said:

Nice career you got going here, I fancy Bologna quite a bit, they're in the (very long) list of teams to manage :) Good luck in chasing the second Italian title, and I think there's a good chance you could do something good in Europe, too. 

Thanks for the comment mate. I am really enjoying it so far- especially with our form this season.

On 23/08/2019 at 01:35, kidthekid said:

amazing run of form this season :brock:

Thanks mate- lets hope we can keep it up, hey?!

On 23/08/2019 at 17:33, john1 said:

Lovely nice gap between you and Juventus :cool: Fantastic progress already! :applause:

Thanks for the comment once again!

November '22

I have my scouts out all over the world and as I am not blessed  with a massive transfer budget, I have decided to bring in some youngsters who will join in January and go into my reserve side.

9tpKh5N.png

Already capped twice by Chile and he's only 18. 

sqoYe40.png

Needs some work but at 17, he could become a good player.

wOKvgtW.png

Already looks quality- I'm the most excited about this guy if I'm honest out of the three.

On 28/08/2019 at 20:14, john1 said:

Great finds :cool: I agree, Rivera, looks very decent :D 

Yeah, I agree that he should be a good player for us!

On 28/08/2019 at 21:56, Gee_Simpson said:

I think you've been asked this before. Are those regens with a facepack added? Any idea where to find it? @Fola

Rivera looks class. 

I can't exactly remember mate but they're called Rowan's Regen Facepacks.

November '22 - January '23

UawwJtL.png

Due to the World Cup, we had two months off but we have still been on fantastic form when we got playing again.

WPRM5mC.png

It was a shame to lose our first match of the season against Atletico but we are still unbeaten in the league. We finished top of our group in the Champions League and face Benfica in the next round which will see the return of Mattias Svanberg.

vQZfuDs.png

The transfer window has ended and we brought in no other players other than the ones already shown. I let a few players out on loan.

KYwG90O.png

January '23

SRT6lqI.png

Kaio Jorge cannot play for me this season because we were not able to register another Non-EU player. Nobody wanted to take him on loan so he will play with the under 20's until next season.

Really annoyed about this.

February '23 - March '23

1bgLjJf.png

It was a real shame to be knocked out of the Champions League as we lost over two legs to Benfica. We actually won the second leg one-nil but we were outclassed in the first leg.

In the league we have been absolutely amazing- I have to keep pinching myself. We are into the Cup final next month where we face Napoli and we have ten games left of the season.

We are currently unbeaten in the league and if you include last seasons league matches, we have gone 39 league matches unbeaten now. We still have a few big boys to play so just taking it game by game at the moment.

nHcgzak.png

Hi @Fola

just read the entire thread and the results are amazing. but even more amazing is how you can keep track of all the youngsters and loanees :D

just curious about one thing, did you manage to keep using the 4231 presented in the early posts with the results that you're having? i'm ask this because I can't have a 4231 where the AMC plays even at an average level. it's always one less player on the pitch.

if you do, do you fill all your players with player instructions on top of the team instructions?

KUTGW.

18 hours ago, PT-KK said:

Hi @Fola

just read the entire thread and the results are amazing. but even more amazing is how you can keep track of all the youngsters and loanees :D

just curious about one thing, did you manage to keep using the 4231 presented in the early posts with the results that you're having? i'm ask this because I can't have a 4231 where the AMC plays even at an average level. it's always one less player on the pitch.

if you do, do you fill all your players with player instructions on top of the team instructions?

KUTGW.

Thank you very much for your kinds comments, much appreciated.

Yes I am still using the 4231 formation I created in the first season. In terms of that CAM, I have him set as a SS behind a DLF and he slots well into the space that the DLF has left when he drops deep. Manages to get a few goals too. I usually have Pelayo Morilla there with Fabio Silva as the DLF.

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic to see you still unbeaten in the league :cool: Surprised to see sales boost after Delaporte, coming out as gay :eek: 

Thanks mate. Yes, I’ve never seen that happen either!