Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Hi marc

My only problem so far is that everytime i go into the information screen everything freezes. I have to switch off the computer and restart just to get the game back on. I downloaded the patch but that keeps coming up with a error line 153,and i had a look on the install log and the only thing there is, failed to retrieve guid for application. by the way you must have a good sense of humour i would be running around pulling my hair out and kicking the cat if i was you. Keep up the good work and dont get stressed its only a game.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evening,

I am getting the following error message: fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The game appeared to install ok and there was no problems with authentication.

Any ideas?

i have the EXACT same problem and its starting to annoy me!! cannot play the game at all yet no problems with install or activation!

i have the EXACT same problem and its starting to annoy me!! cannot play the game at all yet no problems with install or activation!

Could try the below - didn't work for me but you may have more success. Also install the update patch which may help.

Still waiting for SI to get on the forums today......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Duffy

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Marc - I have the same problem as above (fm.exe crash posted by Stedders, Lad and Bigal81 above) and the noted fix doesn't work. I don't have the net at present so I had to copy to disc and place onto computer though it installed fine however same error occurs:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00o0e857

I have Dell dimension

Windows XP home

512mb ram

Pentium 4 2.6ghz

1000mb available memory

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Internet is currently down though activated through phone authorisation which worked ok.

Tested fm2009 on parents pc and it worked fine.

Puzzled!.

Whilst I appreciate the guys there are probably working overtime to get it sorted, this should never have happened. All that testing, the game coming out later than normal, new features that would definitely work, according to the creators, as it had been tested, and tested and tested.

Now all this. This is not right, as although it's just a game, people pay money for something and expect it to work. And if it doesn't work, they expect assistance. So far we are receiving little of either.

GUYS/ADMINISTRATORS/PEOPLE IN CHARGE - PLEASE - AN UPDATE OF SOME SORT...ITS 1.10PM AND WE'VE HEARD NOTHING. WHAT'S GOING ON? YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T FAIR. YOU'RE PROBABLY READING THIS AND IGNORING IT. JUST LET US KNOW WHEN WE CAN GET A PATCH. PLEASE.

Okay I am going to contact trading standards/national press and see if they have a view on this........

I'll probbaly have to send SEGA or SI twenty letters before I get a refund but atleast I'll get my 29.99 back

To be honest, your issue sounds like it's something to do with your machine rather than anything else. Have you tried a different web browser, such as Firefox or something else?

Whilst I appreciate the guys there are probably working overtime to get it sorted, this should never have happened. All that testing, the game coming out later than normal, new features that would definitely work, according to the creators, as it had been tested, and tested and tested.

Now all this. This is not right, as although it's just a game, people pay money for something and expect it to work. And if it doesn't work, they expect assistance. So far we are receiving little of either.

GUYS/ADMINISTRATORS/PEOPLE IN CHARGE - PLEASE - AN UPDATE OF SOME SORT...ITS 1.10PM AND WE'VE HEARD NOTHING. WHAT'S GOING ON? YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T FAIR. YOU'RE PROBABLY READING THIS AND IGNORING IT. JUST LET US KNOW WHEN WE CAN GET A PATCH. PLEASE.

There is a 9.1.0 patch for the PC.

We're still working on the patch for the Mac, as has been said elsewhere. We ran into some small issues with it yesterday and the day before which required more testing and we won't know any more until those tests are complete. Hopefully we can get it sorted for today.

Hi marc

My only problem so far is that everytime i go into the information screen everything freezes. I have to switch off the computer and restart just to get the game back on. I downloaded the patch but that keeps coming up with a error line 153,and i had a look on the install log and the only thing there is, failed to retrieve guid for application. by the way you must have a good sense of humour i would be running around pulling my hair out and kicking the cat if i was you. Keep up the good work and dont get stressed its only a game.

You need to download and install the patch as this improved compatibility on that screen for machines that are below the minimum requirements.

You can find links to the patch here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

Could try the below - didn't work for me but you may have more success. Also install the update patch which may help.

Quote:

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I have just tried to download this, so that I can open the launcher.exe file to resolve the -10 error, but the file won't install on my computer and brings up an error early into the installation. Any ideas?

Quote:

thanks, ill try it when i get home from work. funny this is actually the first time ive bought the football manager games as i always play championship manager, cant say im too impressed so far :)

ANyone nkow how to fix this problem... when i try to install the patch it comes up with an error message of 'error reading file block 63' and stops intallation, cant see any point even trying to play the game before patch is installed but i cant install the patch... so no play time!!!

It sounds like it may have not downloaded correctly.

It might be worth trying to download it again - you can find links here:

There is a 9.1.0 patch for the PC.

We're still working on the patch for the Mac, as has been said elsewhere. We ran into some small issues with it yesterday and the day before which required more testing and we won't know any more until those tests are complete. Hopefully we can get it sorted for today.

Thank you Neil, much appreciated. I'll check back later today.

Hi, I've been trying to get Football Manager 2009 running for 4 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I successfully installed and played a game for a bit last Friday. I saved, turned the game off, and tried to Launch the game from Steam again the following morning but Softanchor asked for my activation code again, and I received error 821 : We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key please visit www.sigames.com.

I tried to get round this problem for days and I have tried all the solutions on the Football Manager forums - nothing worked.

I have now replaced my original copy of Football Manager 2009 with a new copy, and a different activation code. I am getting the same error report when trying to activate the game. How is this possible?

Please, help needed!

Hi

I have been trying to get FM 09 working since Friday, unfortunately no luck yet.

I chose to install without using steam (although this didn't work either) and have had my keycode accepted. However when trying to launch the game I recieve an error message:

Football Manager 2009 has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

APPCRASH

fm.exe

The only thing I have not been able to do as far as I am aware is download the patch. I get the a web page cannot be displayed message when attempting to download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have now managed to download the patch and have updated FM but still get the same message.

Thanks in advance

yes but 9.1 patch hasnt sorted out most of the problems.... has it boys, why should some people have to play in a window mode, Would you pay your money for a movie that was out of sync or for a car that was missing 3 wheels...etc, all people want to do is play out of the box...is that so bad guys....

Ok I had no luck with my brothers new copy because of the facegen carry on, I downloaded the demo through steam but Im now sat here with the game my missus has bought for me lol

before I open it I have been told to check the specs match my laptop as I'll get no refund if it doesnt work.

So Ive got an acer aspire 5315 2.0GHZ upto 64MB Mobile intel and 512MB of RAM whatever that means!!!!

Ive also update my graphics and sound drivers.

Will it be ok to run on this please?????

Btw Ive still got the demo but deleted steam as I knew I wasnt buying it through that anyway.

thanks for the reply, still waiting for support team to reply to yesteradys query!

have downlaoded again and install ran ok but when i load up FM it still says at the top the versio n is 9.0 and when clikcing on check for updates it says a new version is available... does this mean the installation didnt actually work?

thanks for the reply, still waiting for support team to reply to yesteradys query!

have downlaoded again and install ran ok but when i load up FM it still says at the top the versio n is 9.0 and when clikcing on check for updates it says a new version is available... does this mean the installation didnt actually work?

It should read as 9.1, so if it is saying 9.0 then it sounds like it has not installed correctly or at all. What happens when you run the installer? What do you see?

why are people posting after getting replied to before me?

Have you updated your Java?

1. How to update your Java

• The installer we use makes use of Java and therefore it's important to ensure you have the latest version, particularly if you are experiencing problems during the installation process.
    You can download the latest version here:
    http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Hi Neil,

Hi, I've been trying to get Football Manager 2009 running for 4 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I successfully installed and played a game for a bit last Friday. I saved, turned the game off, and tried to Launch the game from Steam again the following morning but Softanchor asked for my activation code again, and I received error 821 : We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key please visit www.sigames.com.

I tried to get round this problem for days and I have tried all the solutions on the Football Manager forums - nothing worked.

I have now replaced my original copy of Football Manager 2009 with a new copy, and a different activation code. I am getting the same error report when trying to activate the game. How is this possible?

Please, help needed

Ok I had no luck with my brothers new copy because of the facegen carry on, I downloaded the demo through steam but Im now sat here with the game my missus has bought for me lol

before I open it I have been told to check the specs match my laptop as I'll get no refund if it doesnt work.

So Ive got an acer aspire 5315 2.0GHZ upto 64MB Mobile intel and 512MB of RAM whatever that means!!!!

Ive also update my graphics and sound drivers.

Will it be ok to run on this please?????

Btw Ive still got the demo but deleted steam as I knew I wasnt buying it through that anyway.

What do you mean by the 'facegen carry on'?

I need to know more details about your graphics chipset. At a glance, you seem to be under the minimum specifications but may be able to run in 2D.

It should read as 9.1, so if it is saying 9.0 then it sounds like it has not installed correctly or at all. What happens when you run the installer? What do you see?

sorry i found the problem, had installed FM09 twice on computer, the uninstall first time hadnt worked and while it updated the new install the shortcuts were for the old version... fixed them and now its running version 9.1

the fast and quick responses on the forums are most appreciated by the way... the support website seems hopeless and i know you guys must be having a hard time at the moment... thanks for all the help

What do you mean by the 'facegen carry on'?

I need to know more details about your graphics chipset. At a glance, you seem to be under the minimum specifications but may be able to run in 2D.

It wouldnt run on here when I used my bro's copy it just kept on saying

'The facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise please check log in file for details'

anyway I updated evertything possible, graphics, sound drivers etc but still no joy. Ive now got the demo downloaded again and Im waiting for an answer on the specs from you please.

Where do I check my graphic chipset???

If it works on your missus' machine then there must be something up with your laptop's drive with this particular DVD. The disk is fine if it shows up elsewhere.

Do you not see anything at all on your laptop?

no nothing at all appears and when i go to d drive in my computer there is nothing there either.

It wouldnt run on here when I used my bro's copy it just kept on saying

'The facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise please check log in file for details'

anyway I updated evertything possible, graphics, sound drivers etc but still no joy. Ive now got the demo downloaded again and Im waiting for an answer on the specs from you please.

Where do I check my graphic chipset???

2. How to find out your DXDIAG information

• You may see us asking for your DXDIAG information. DXDIAG provides us with information about your machine so that we can identify what operating system version you are running as well as what type of graphics card you use amongst other things.
    Using this information we can find out whether your system meets the minimum specifications as well as checking to see what drivers you have installed, which may help us diagnose your issue.
    - Click Start menu, choose Run
    - Type 'dxdiag' without the quotes and press enter
    - Once it has completed and DX Diag is showing, click "Save all information"
    - Save the text file (e.g. to your desktop)
    - Quit dxdiag, open the saved file in Notepad
    - Go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Select all"
    - Then go to the "Edit" menu again and choose "Copy"
    - Provide this information in the thread you posted in where it was requested by pasting the contents in the post (press the "Ctrl" key and "V", or choose "paste" from the "Edit" menu in your browser)

any help with my query please?

Hi Ringo,

Can you try the following for me please:

- Right-click on "Football Manager 2009" in the 'My games' section on Steam.

- Select 'Properties'.

- From the pop-up box go to the 'Local files' tab.

- Select the 'Verify integrity of game cache' button.

Once it has finished, check to see if you can launch FM afterwards.

Marc could you help me out with the Array access out of bounds? that keeps poping up every time i try play a game. my game shuts down while i kick play match and i cant' go back in... all tho the game is still running in the task manager help me out dude!

Thanks

UPDATE ya java mate!

I installed FM on my laptop, but used Steam (or just didn't get the option to choose) but it isn't an option for me, now it won't even let me choose the option between Unilock and Steam now.

Anyway to change this? Steam isn't an option for me.

im using a laptop computer and installed FM 09 which is working however ive been unable to find Editor in any of the 2 places that have been mentioned in previous posts anyone got any advice on how to get it

thanks

How did you install the game? If it's via Steam you should be able to find it here:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/tools/

Archived