Sports Interactive Community

What's the definition of a "high profile player" - by the club board when their signing is set as a coaching philosophy?...

I love attracting big-name players regardless of philosophy anyways, but wonder how the game defines a "high profile" player, once this is set as a philosophy. (I'm running for a few jobs and am thinking about proposing this philosophy)

Thanks.

Sorry my friends, does anyone know what defines a "high profile" player? Any guesses?... TIA.

My only thought is that you have to pay a shed load of money for anybody that you sign and bargain priced players are a no no.

1 minute ago, Hovis Dexter said:

My only thought is that you have to pay a shed load of money for anybody that you sign and bargain priced players are a no no.

Thanks. Yes, I understand. But what if the player is an aging, retiring and contract-expired superstar that I may still be able to attract to a smaller club in a lower league. He might count as "high profile" but what's the threshold, right?... Thanks again.

I’m only guessing but I’m sure that Vincent Kompany going to Anderlecht would be a high profile signing

I would assume it would have to do with the player's reputation rating, relative to the team.

Most likely reputation according to the team rep, modric would be a high profile signing for any team i  the world, but say, vardy, would be a high profile signing for say...southampton or huddersfield

I don't really know what the answer to your question is, my opinion would be it is someone with a higher reputation than your Club and be a bit of a shock to the world that you could sign them! 

Usually though if you locate a player that you think fits the bill, when you go to place a bid, it will tell you they "fulfil a Club philosophy - High Profile Signing" so this should help too! 

I think its related to player's reputation and high fee(?).

In my Man Utd save, The board has high profile signing in club philosophies.

They are happy when I signed Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in 77M and Joshua Kimmich in 65M and don't have same response when I signed Kieran Tierney in 58M and Adrien Rabiot (Free).

However, I just ignored this philosophies by keep winning games and trophies.