Backroom team recommending new staff

They keep recommending staff for positions that I have already filled, such as director of football. Is this a bug, or are they trying to tell me the staff I have need replacing? Seems to happen all the time across multiple game saves.

Adjust it from Staff/Reponsibilities/Backroom Advice/Backroom Team. Change the dropdown to 'Never' if you want to turn it off.

It's most useful for filling u23/u18 staff positions, which are hard to search for generally.

On 25/04/2019 at 01:54, Glenn Wakeford said:

If you examine the text that accompanies these pieces of advice you'll see that they're being recommended because the staff member making the suggestions to you thinks that the ability of the person in the role could be improved.

I had a recent recommendation from the backroom staff to appoint a Reserve Assistant Manager- the candidate recommended was unfortunately not available as he was employed already as my Reserve Manager!  Not sure how to interpret that

On 24/04/2019 at 16:54, Glenn Wakeford said:

If you examine the text that accompanies these pieces of advice you'll see that they're being recommended because the staff member making the suggestions to you thinks that the ability of the person in the role could be improved.

I could accept this as fact, but the quality of staff being recommended are far inferior to those I already have on staff. Maybe this needs looking at by you guys? Possible bug.

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

I had a recent recommendation from the backroom staff to appoint a Reserve Assistant Manager- the candidate recommended was unfortunately not available as he was employed already as my Reserve Manager!  Not sure how to interpret that

That shouldn't happen - it can and should recommend staff move up into these roles, but not down. If you still have the save game we'll take a look at it. Cheers.

19 hours ago, FrazT said:

I tend to find that a good amount of staff my II team have on their shortlist are staff I'm already trying to sign for the first team, too.

10 hours ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

That shouldn't happen - it can and should recommend staff move up into these roles, but not down. If you still have the save game we'll take a look at it. Cheers.

Thanks, Glenn- at the time I just laughed and moved on ( as you often do with some of the game's idiosyncrasies), so that save is long gone, I'm afraid.

Archived