v - Full squad of Calabrian or Academy players - 2021

v - Promote to Serie B - 2019

v - Promote to Serie A - 2021

x - Qualify for Europa or Champions League

x - Win a major trophy until the club Centenary in 2029

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the upgrade come from a request of yours or was it done by the AI because of Club Philosophies?

Even If my team gets sent down I'm going to bank about $30 Million from the TV Deal in Serie A. Which will allow the club to operate in Serie B for a few years(2-3) if we get relegated and don't come right back up.

4 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Did the upgrade come from a request of yours or was it done by the AI because of Club Philosophies?

I requested upgrades every each month for like an year now. They finally accepted it, guess they are pretty confident of the big money coming from Serie A.

I was pretty confident after the friendlies about our team, it also helped progressing one round in the Cup against Juve Stabia, but then Serie A reality knocked at our door when we lost 4-0 away at Inter. We did put up a fight against Sampdoria at home but lost in the end, with the only sunshine coming in the form of a victory away at Carpi. Guess these are the type of matches we need to be winning this season to survive in Serie A. Boy, it is going to be a really  long and hard season.

Catanzaro_-Senior-Fixtures25fcc0f3129483

2 hours ago, Sysiphus said:

Been reading it all through the last few days - like it a lot! Keep it up.

Thanks a lot. Things are only getting harder, as we kinda hit a threshold of players we can attract. I dare not dream about Berardi and other than that there's not much better stuff out there. This is the ranking of Calabria born players according to their value, and we can see we already got most of the best. Probably the next step should be a combination of own players and regens from other clubs.

Catanzaro_-Player-Search6a6d412b9b6e6956

It was a mixed ride for us. We had an undefeated month in September and followed with a win against Parma. Then came the big boys in Napoli, Lazio and Milan which really destroyed us as expected, but we sneaked a draw at Sassuolo in the last game. We are sitting in 16th and would love to finish the season now, but it's really a long way ahead of us.

Catanzaro_-Senior-Fixtures76b34b062bc275

Serie-A_-Overview-Profile384913bb4c4b9ef

The only positive aspects of the end of the year were us beating Cagliari away in the cup, and in the next round taking Juventus all the way to penalties. It was not that we are to good, but Juve are havin a terrible bad season, sitting 11th in the league. How bad we are was proved that we lost all the matches in Serie A except for a win at home against Palermo. We are sitting now in 18th but just 3 points off safety and with two games in hand. Hopefully we manage to turn things around in the new year.

Catanzaro_-Senior-Fixtures71195b7b3dd239

Serie-A_-Overview-Profile3018ea3a81757ab

One in that we really wanted, and two out that we really didn't want to lose, but they payed the release clauses and off they go over my head. Come to think now would probably been better if I had accepted a lower fee for Miceli and put in a clause so he stays with us till the end of the season. It will be a blow at right back. Carnavale didnt play for us but It's still frustrating to lose our best prospects for peanuts money.

Vincenzo-Iaquinta_-Inbox725c647811ac39db

Vincenzo-Iaquinta_-Inbox-36df7b0c7154cfe

Vincenzo-Iaquinta_-Inbox-26306f40289e16d

We continue our bad run of form and my status has decreased in the boardroom. We managed a surprise win against Roma and other one against Parma, as well a draw to Bologna. Which is not nearly enough for us.as we unfortunately consolidate our position in the relegation places. We are now 7 points of safety position and looked like we are doomed, the only thing I can hope is that I survive the relegation in charge.

Catanzaro_-Senior-Fixtures68a2ccb05c2458

Serie-A_-Overview-Profile3d639241e63c4ce

It is unfortunate about your form.

I finished my season in 17th place...I won over half my points (18 of 35) by beating the three teams that got relegated both home and away.

How are you doing against Sassuolo, Parma, and Verona?

For a Serie B team or newly promoted team the TV Deal in Serie A isn't bad, but to truly compete you need better commercial revenues and or Sponsorships. 

30 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

How are you doing against Sassuolo, Parma, and Verona?

Beat Parma home and away, only played once with Sassuolo (draw) and Verona (loss). Guess I am not as good as you are at this.

Update with Career Objectives:

v - Full squad of Calabrian or Academy players - 2021

v - Promote to Serie B - 2019

v - Promote to Serie A - 2021

x - Qualify for Europa or Champions League

x - Win a major trophy until the club Centenary in 2029

End of story - Fired 2022

Sorry that you were fired. I was enjoying your career. I ended up switching teams to NYFC in the Preseason of my second season in Serie A because I feared getting fired!

@Muttley84 you just had some horrible luck and I had some INCREDIBLE luck.

I also learned a thing or two reading your career.

Archived