Norway Div 4 (Tipping ligaen)

I dont think this is a glitch. Just a general FM question, hence my posting in this section.

Am i missing something really obvious but despite the noweigian 4th tier (tiping ligaen) being selectable as a league and fully viewable with all players i cant seem to manage any of the clubs playing there!?

Any idea why?

should they be manageable?

It's been that way in France for years. I'm honestly not sure, and it kind of annoys me, but it is what it is. I suppose it's better to now have new leagues (level four in Norway, level three in Romania) and have them greyed out than not there at all, but I agree, it's still bizarre. I mean, I don't know the extensiveness of the coding and other requirements to make those leagues playable from SI's perspective, but I would strongly prefer them all to be fully playable, especially the one in France since it's been greyed out for years now.

I believe it's in order to simulate the promotion/relegation better, now those divisions are in the game and can be simulated more properly (even though they're unplayable - IIRC it's not very difficult to make them playable via the PGE), and there's also quite a few 2nd teams from the clubs higher up playing in those divisions, so their games will be better simulated as well, and those teams can achieve promotion (and if they're relegated from D2 to D3, they can get promoted back).

4 hours ago, Burbian De Bay said:

I think I read somewhere that there is too little knowledge about clubs/ players at that level. More research are needed, and therefore the leagues are greyed out. I might be wrong though, but it makes sense.

Thanks.

I don't really understand that though. The teams have full squads. If they get promoted you play those clubs.the league is fully viewable.

If there's not enough info why even have it as a selectable league?

I don't disagree I just find it strange approach

15 hours ago, Captain_al said:

I dont think this is a glitch. Just a general FM question, hence my posting in this section.

Am i missing something really obvious but despite the noweigian 4th tier (tiping ligaen) being selectable as a league and fully viewable with all players i cant seem to manage any of the clubs playing there!?

Any idea why?

should they be manageable?

Okay I know this has no relation to the topic but why the **** is the Norwegian 3rd tier in the game and the Estonian Premier League not, I'd argue Estonian Premier League is a fair bit stronger

2 hours ago, VSfallin said:

Okay I know this has no relation to the topic but why the **** is the Norwegian 3rd tier in the game and the Estonian Premier League not, I'd argue Estonian Premier League is a fair bit stronger

Yes. This year has had marked improvements. Potentially the best yet. But I do think it's been crying out for a few new leagues for a few years now.

not had any since Gibraltar add on?

I presume it's to do with licensing

1 hour ago, Captain_al said:

Yes. This year has had marked improvements. Potentially the best yet. But I do think it's been crying out for a few new leagues for a few years now.

not had any since Gibraltar add on?

I presume it's to do with licensing

I am sure the Estonian FA would love the idea

8 hours ago, VSfallin said:

I believe you shouldn't compare the addition of a new tier in an existing league to adding a completely new league. I reckon it's far easier to add a division to a league/nation that's already in-game, than to add, from scratch, a new nation/league.

11 hours ago, Maaka said:

I believe you shouldn't compare the addition of a new tier in an existing league to adding a completely new league. I reckon it's far easier to add a division to a league/nation that's already in-game, than to add, from scratch, a new nation/league.

I do agree but I would say that now when the rest of northern Europe has been made superb to play (I really enjoy playing there) it is a crime not to include Estonia, especially considering that in Sweden and Norway, Estonia is a very trusted nation when signing players. Piiroja for Vålerenga and especially Fredrikstad (he scored 2 goals in the 2006 Norwegian Cup final), Teniste for Sogndal and Brann, Joonas Tamm for Sparsborg 08 (there has been many many more.) Are just some of the names. I felt that this year marks the 100th Anniversary of the Estonian Republic it would have been a nice addition combined with the fact that we hosted the Super Cup this year

4 hours ago, VSfallin said:

I do agree but I would say that now when the rest of northern Europe has been made superb to play (I really enjoy playing there) it is a crime not to include Estonia, especially considering that in Sweden and Norway, Estonia is a very trusted nation when signing players. Piiroja for Vålerenga and especially Fredrikstad (he scored 2 goals in the 2006 Norwegian Cup final), Teniste for Sogndal and Brann, Joonas Tamm for Sparsborg 08 (there has been many many more.) Are just some of the names. I felt that this year marks the 100th Anniversary of the Estonian Republic it would have been a nice addition combined with the fact that we hosted the Super Cup this year

It's always nice to add new nations, but with all due respect, I believe Estonia would be quite far down the list. Currently, Estonia is ranked 46th in UEFA coefficient, well behind Cyprus (18), Kazakhstan (24), Azerbaijan (26), Liechtenstein, Hungary, Malta, Moldova, Albania (32-36), Bosnia (40), Luxembourg, Armenia and Malta (43-45), even the two other Baltic states are ahead of Estonia (Lithuania 41 and Latvia 42), none of the mentioned nations are included in FM. So I believe it's going to be a while before Estonia will be added. I believe SI have stated that there currently aren't any plans to include several more nations, at least not in the near future, so I think you're going to have to wait a while.

On 20/12/2018 at 07:02, Maaka said:

I believe it's in order to simulate the promotion/relegation better, now those divisions are in the game and can be simulated more properly (even though they're unplayable - IIRC it's not very difficult to make them playable via the PGE), and there's also quite a few 2nd teams from the clubs higher up playing in those divisions, so their games will be better simulated as well, and those teams can achieve promotion (and if they're relegated from D2 to D3, they can get promoted back).

This seems the most plausible explanation.

With this in mind, do the lower leagues become playable a few years in? after the game has simulated a few promo/relegations

Archived