[FMT19] [LIGHT SKIN] [WIP] Help Needed

KennedyBakircioglu

Hi all,

I'm creating a light skin for FMT and need a little help to complete what I've started.

I'm just having a few issues where I can't find where to edit the font colours for certain areas, I've changed most to black which I wanted but some are still white and I can't find the font xml file or the code in the skin settings to amend this. Below are some screenshots that show how much I have done and where I still need to sort, I'd like to make this available to download so others who like light skins can use it, however I really want to fix the issues first. Credit to @Lucas as his Nexus skin has formed the basis for this skin which I have been editing and credit to @michaeltmurrayuk who has helped over the years with lots of skinning queries!

yTZw2Qt.png?1

YwnIfnI.png?1

cDwQA3X.png?1

aWyUNfw.png?1

fThuYQe.png?1

M6B6m5q.png?1

FnT95xS.png?1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

I've changed most to black which I wanted but some are still white and I can't find the font xml file or the code in the skin settings to amend this. 

When this happens, load the xml for the panel and see what colours its using.

Thanks @Lucas and @Ross Ingersoll for the advice, FYI the faded text was a great tip! In the end though I downloaded last years FMT light base skin and have used the settings xml from that and all seems to be the 'correct' colour now. Just one issue I have is the 'purple' background for the top right options I can't seem to find how I control the colour, any ideas?

ChLzRDl.png

26 minutes ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

Thanks @Lucas and @Ross Ingersoll for the advice, FYI the faded text was a great tip! In the end though I downloaded last years FMT light base skin and have used the settings xml from that and all seems to be the 'correct' colour now. Just one issue I have is the 'purple' background for the top right options I can't seem to find how I control the colour, any ideas?

ChLzRDl.png

controlled by paper.xml in "fmc\graphics\chrome\boxes\game bar"

2 hours ago, KennedyBakircioglu said:

ChLzRDl.png

not a problem, for the past year ive been converting some dark skin panels to a white skin so i know what a pain it is

@bluestillidie00 Thanks for the advice but I don't use any boxes in my skins graphics folder, it's obviously taking the FM19 purple from somewhere but I can't get my head around where from?! in my skin settings ,'FM purple' has been set to R: 255, G: 255, B: 255 but I still get the purple!! It's so frustrating as it's the very last panel that needs fixing!

Archived