Tactical effect of Move Into Channels for AMC

What is the effect of Move Into Channels for a central attacking midfielder?

For strikers I understand it a bit more. One guy holds the ball up and plays it in behind, the other guy moving into channels is dragging defenders away from the centre making more space for the ball to be played in for him.

But if my AMC is moving into channels, what does it mean for my strikers? Am I right in thinking I don't want this if I'm playing 2 strikers up top? And does it mean that my AMC is not going to be around to be a playmaker?

Is it more for an AMC who is a Shadow Striker or has an attack duty alongside a single STC?

I'm having a lot of problems creating chances centrally in my 4312 so this is important!

2 minutes ago, permanentquandary said:

But if my AMC is moving into channels, what does it mean for my strikers?

What if you could have the AMC move into the channel (sideways) to drag a holding midfielder (CM or DM) with him? What if that creates space for your striker who drops deep? That forces a defender forward, leaving the other striker 1 on 1 with his marker.

There are plenty of ways to set up and that's one. It can be a playmaker or not. It can be a shadow striker or not. That's the beauty of tactics. There is a lot you can create.

@permanentquandary Read again carefully what @HUNT3R wrote.

vor einer Stunde schrieb HUNT3R:

What if you could have the AMC move into the channel (sideways) to drag a holding midfielder (CM or DM) with him? What if that creates space for your striker who drops deep? That forces a defender forward, leaving the other striker 1 on 1 with his marker.

You have 2 strikers up front, one as a DLF who likes to drop deep but has he space to do so? Would 'Move Into Channels' for the AMC create that space?

While I'm here I may as well ask what I need to do to get the best out of my AP in a 4-1-3-2 or 442 Narrow Diamond.

Because putting him on attack or support and leaving no PIs doesn't work.

In a whole season, I watched every match on comprehensive and never saw my AMC make a short through ball to my strikers once. Not once. My AMCs are definitely good enough to be making those sorts of chances in League 1.

Archived