FM 19 Beowulf 4231 4411 and 4141 Knap

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, knap said:

Oddly the Beta and early days of new ME , the other formations had the edge but recently 343 has become more dominant.  T

Knap, I agree. I like playing with underdog teams, so I primarily look for the best underdog tactic.

Have noticed slight inconsistency with non 343 formations lately in my Oxford City underdog challenge.

Luckily the PILGRIMAGE 343 VOLANTE came out to play the last games successfully and won the promotion to Sky Bet League 2 on the last day! against top of the table club! 4-2!

I also successfully closed out the game with SUS version of PILGRIMAGE 343 VOLANTE with 2 NNFB, Defensive mentality and TW.

Could PILGIRMAGE 343 VOLANTE be better underdog than ARGUS 343  PRESS TH ?

The balance has changed and Volante 343 like anchor 4222 has under dog potential.

MR L should be in discussions today about setting up test league, which is extremely complex to be fair to all sorts of tactics.

44 minutes ago, knap said:

The balance has changed and Volante 343 like anchor 4222 has under dog potential.

MR L should be in discussions today about setting up test league, which is extremely complex to be fair to all sorts of tactics.

I understand the difficulty. Looking forward to testing results.

Don't know how long till 19.2, so if testing is set up by then, would be fine. Am following debate on discord, as I expect it should be anounced there first.

Also would be nice to have under-underdog test category for underdog team enthusiasts like me. We shall see.

1 hour ago, knap said:

I would make the suggestion to MR L,  I asked for top sub top under dog and under under dog.

I'm glad you did that. Of course I see a challenge for Mr L, as I expect there would be some testers queuing the testing proccess with uploading your replica-tactics many times (e.g. FM 18 FLAT TEST 422). Last year at the end the queue was very long.

IMO there should be priority line for certified tacticians like yourself. So the tactic you upload goes straight to testing proccess, as there are many of us who follow and use your tactics.

Do you think that suggestion would be acceptable by Mr L ?

They used a random system but I had priority, however, this led to a few tactics not getting tested in a reasonable time. I therefore suggested I should not have any priority this year.

Maybe there should be a discussion before they set up the automatic system .

Just now, knap said:

I Don't think anything was changed but obviously some very good results. Do you have any more results?

I haven't been able to play but I've seen it over at FM-korea where it seems popular. Did you get around to test it btw?

I don't really test tactics as so many variables involved you cannot obtain a definitive answer. It is not until MR L tests over 180 games can you get a proper test result.

My Hertha Berlin team won the Bundesliga at first try but results have not been that great in the beginning of the second season. Was doubting the tactic. Decided to go for AC Milan to see how that works. I know that we met a poor team but I can't remember to have scored 20 goals before on Football Manager ever....

Second game with this tactic. Away to the great Juventus. This tactic is still great! 

I use: !FM19BEOWULF4231KnapPressP103.fmf

A.C. Milan v Meda_ Match Review.png

Juventus v A.C. Milan_ Match Review.png

Edited by Navarone

On 30/11/2018 at 09:40, Navarone said:

My Hertha Berlin team won the Bundesliga at first try but results have not been that great in the beginning of the second season. Was doubting the tactic. Decided to go for AC Milan to see how that works. I know that we met a poor team but I can't remember to have scored 20 goals before on Football Manager ever....

Second game with this tactic. Away to the great Juventus. This tactic is still great! 

I use: !FM19BEOWULF4231KnapPressP103.fmf

A.C. Milan v Meda_ Match Review.png

Juventus v A.C. Milan_ Match Review.png

is in the 19.1.5?

29 minutes ago, knap said:

Which tactic? - I tend to find the AI go attacking at end of game.

!FM19BEOWULF4231KnapPressP103

Yes. It happens a lot at the end of the match. Opponent got 2 shots on target whole match, and allways 1 goes in

The ME appears to like consolation goals some are very fanciful which requires world class players. If you have game won drop to a SUS and save energy and should prevent a late goal.