[FM15] Jamaican Me Crazy: Time to Shock the World!!!!!

kidthekid

9 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

So before we start, let me say what I have probably said a 1000 times, but in this league, an attribute of 10 is like a 15 in a top league. So a player with an attribute of 10 is pretty good relative to the league. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb7abe26b59597177

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad review continues. Now the attacking midfielders

MC(R): Shadow Striker: Oneil Nicholas

Oneil_Nicholas.png 

25(10) games, 11 goals, 7 assists, AVR – 7.20.

Another signing for the future who played a lot of games for us. Part of this was due to the move to a strikerless set up. Started the season really really well, but faded as the season went on and then gained form again and scored two goals against Humble lions in the playoffs to set us on our way. At only 18, you expect him to improve, especially his dribbling and composure.

AMC(L): Shadow Striker: Odane Davidson

Davidson.png 

25(7) games, 9 goals, 16 assists, AVR: 7.21

Played mostly as a shadow striker but his versatility meant that he filled in at centre midfield and the centre attacking midfield role. He was very decent for us but can be very inconsistent. He is currently upset now as Harbour View are interested in him (of course), and they play in the NA champions league. If he does go, we’ll be fine, I got so many prospects, we are like Alabama in college football.

AMC: Attacking Midfielder (Attack) John-Ross Campbell.

John_Campbell.png 

27(7) games, 22 goals, 10 assists, 8 POM, AVR – 7.54

At 21, John is already a 2 time Jamaican league young player of the year. He continues to perform better than his attributes suggest. I guess with his speed and dribbling he will always perform at this level but it’s still fascinating to watch. His jumping of 11 means that he chips in with a few headers as well. He plays this role like a false 9. He drops deep, then the shadow strikers push forward and when they occupy the defenders, the Attacking midfielder and the MC on attack have space to cause damage. Also scored in every game in the playoffs, none more important than the 1-0 victory over  Waterhouse in the playoff finals.

A few good men. There were other key contributors who are still with us. So I selected four of them.

Nickardo Blake (Centre Back)

Blake.png 

34(2) games, 1 goal, 1 assist, 4.08 tackles per game, pass completion 73% , AVR – 6.91

Blake was a right back who got retrained as a CB and he is the best of our defenders in playing it out of the back (yes, 73% passing for a CB is the best we can hope for). He was our best CB until he signed an extension on a previously expiring contract and everything began to fall apart. Still, during the playoffs he had a great final and he might still be the starter, as I am not sure about Dustan.

Asafa Forrester (Shadow Striker)

Asafa_Forrester.png 

21(10) games, 8 goals, 6 assists. AVR – 6.93

He was a striker who got converted to an AMC. He lacks some important attributes to play as a shadow striker, but speed gonna speed. Besides he is a hard-worker relative to our level. He also had a good first half of the season but faded away.

Oneil Morgan (SS, AMC, CM(A)

Oneil_Morgan.png 

9(7) games, 4 goals, 5 assists. AVR – 6.99

The third player in our squad with the name Oneil !!! He was signed in the winter and is already one of our highest paid players. He is already asking for more playing time and he’s right. I wish there was a option to say “You are right, you are the future of Jamaican football. Slap me for being stupid.” He can play MC and AMC and he should get a lot of games this season. Right now he is being groomed to play the CM(A) role due to the guy being there already 30. Long term, he could play further up the field. He could even play as a libero and I reckon he would be great at it in the league. The potential with this guy is amazing. Please board, have us turn pro.

Ryan Green (Centre Back)

Ryan_Green4_G.png 

15(10) games, AVR 6.77

A player from my intake about 5 seasons ago. This makes him the longest active tenured player for us. He had a down year but at 20 he still has hope. He's now 4th choice, and we signed some young CBs, so it's crunch time for him. 

So, I got a message from my Ed Woodward-esq director about how the finances are so good that our percentage of transfer revenue will be increased. (I don't think I've sold a player for anything other than free but ok, thanks).

So I went to see if the option to turn pro is now available as it had been removed for a while. It was an option again,  so I tried to ask...

Screenshot_from_2018-10-08_19-08-53.pngScreenshot_from_2018-10-08_19-09-24.png 

The key word here is "hope" as opposed to a guarantee but I'm not worried. If second tier sides are turning pro, surely we will.

Also, in my yearly update spreadsheet, I had been posting the club value instead of bank balance. It's not that different but I just didn't realize there was a place to see your bank balance. I thought it was a new addition after FM 15. We have about 1.5 million pounds in the bank, while our club value is 1.7 million.

As for the season, so far so good, but I haven't reached the halfway point, will update once I reach that stage.

Thanks for reading.

1 hour ago, rodesire said:

How you see club value? I know cash balance is in financial tab but where is club value?

I think it was removed on newer FMs due to real life clubs complaining or something, not sure. On FM 15, it was under Club -> General

I said I would update after the the half way stage, but things got intense quickly. We are in the Jamaican Champions cup final which is the domestic cup trophy, and for some weird reason, the winner now qualifies directly for the NACL (CONCACAF Champions League). It used to be that the winner and the league winners qualify for the Caribbean Club championship, but now it's changed. in real life, only one Caribbean team makes it to the NACL, so what happened?

My guess is that due to the Jamaican league improving in the save, (We are now the fifth rated league in the CONCACAF, but two of the top 4 are Mexican leagues, so we are essentially fourth), the in-game mechanics tried to find a way to increase Jamaican teams' access to the NACL. So the code or whatever churned out a solution, which is with the cup winners going.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-09_18-48-58.png  Check out the prize money though!!!

How did we get to the final. 

Screenshot_from_2018-10-09_18-27-16.png 

We had a tough draw. All the teams we faced were premier league sides, and we had to go to Humble Lions and Waterhouse, two teams that finished in the top 4 and tend to give us a tough time. 

So who do we meet? You guessed it, freaking Harbour View

Screenshot_from_2018-10-09_18-19-09.png 

Not only do they unsettle my players, but last season when I won the league, I beat every team but them.  

I'm not going to play the final until tomorrow, well technically it's midnight over here, but you get my point. But here's how the league is after 8 games. You can see Harbour view are on a goal scoring tear including going to Waterhouse and winning 5-0. Meanwhile, we went to Waterhouse and lost 3-1.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-09_18-55-29.png 

Something has to give. (Our only game with them this season finished 2-2 at their place in Kingston).

JFF Champions Cup Final

Hello all and you are welcome to our presentation of the Jamaican Cup final between 10 time winners Harbour View (Won 6 of the past 8 editions) and the up and comers Bath FC. I am Peter Parker and I am here with Stoke City Legend Ricardo Fuller.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_04-50-07.png  Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_04-50-55.png 

Well Ricardo, this is a match between what many view as the two best teams in the country, but fans of one of these teams feel like they are not getting the respect they deserve.

Yes Peter. It all started at the end of last season when Bath won the league. Only 3 players were selected in the 22 man team of the season. Rasheed Campbell was by many peoples' account, the best player in the league and he did not win player of the year or midfielder of the year.  And to add salt into the their wounds, they were predicted to finish 7th this season. On the other hand, Harbour view are the favourites to win the league and are also huge favorites to win this match. Let's see if that adds to this game. I hope it does.

Well said, Ricardo. Another thing to note is that Bath FC have struggled against Harbour View. They managed to avoid them in the playoffs, but many people do feel that if Bath City had faced Harbour View in the playoffs, they would not have been successful. 

I hear that Peter, but Bath FC play well against them, they just have been unfortunate not to get the three points. Bath were the best team last season, the topped their league and they won every game in the playoffs. With that being said, I see Harbour View winning a close one, but I predict an entertaining high scoring game.

Thank you, Ricardo. Just a reminder, the winner gets entry into the Champions league, following the controversial and much discussed decision by the FA. This should add to the intensity of the game. The teams are on the field, Carlos Ibrahim is dressed in his Hawaiian shirt, straw hat, sandals and khaki shorts as always, while Andrew Hines is smartly dressed in his black suit, white shirt and blue and yellow tie, to symbolize Harbour View's colours. The referee blows his whistle and the cup final has commenced.

1 minute: Bath FC start the game, and a series of passes later, John Campbell receives the ball again. He goes past two players and gets into the box, but by the time he strikes it, he is under pressure form two defenders, resulting in a very weak shot that is easily picked up by the keeper.

5 minute: Harbour View have a free-kick. The ball is delivered near the right touchline, and Tulloch beats the keeper to the ball, but he heads over. 

Two good chances so far, each side having one. 

15 minutes:  John Ross Campbell, picks a loose ball in the box, but fires it straight at the keeper. The rebound comes back to Campbell, but before he could strike it, the Harbour view defender makes a last ditch clearance.

32 minutes: John Ross Campbell beats two defenders and cuts the ball back to an onrushing Jackson. Jackson with a shot from outside the area and it fizzes past the post. That was close.

45'1 minutes: The referee blows his whistle to signal the end of the half. Not the goalfest we expected but Bath FC has been slightly the better side, but the worrying sign is that John Ross Campbell may not be able to shake off the tackle from Johnson earlier.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_09-38-06.png 

45 minutes: We start the second half and both sides have made changes. For Bath FC, Jamar Jackson comes out and rising star Oneil Morgan replaces him. Harbour View makes a couple changes as well.

49 minutes: John Campbell is on the receiving end of another nasty challenge. It's very unlikely he will finish the match. It's only a matter of when he gets taken off.

53 minutes: Carlos Ibrahim has decided to take off an injured John Ross Campbell, and he is replaced by Asafa Forrester.

55 minutes: Harbour View with a free kick. Morgan Jr delivers it from the left hand side, James get up to it and plants a header .... but O'Keefe is able to make a diving save.

61 minutes: Forrester is deep in his defensive third and makes a poor clearance Harbour View recover and build from the right. A cross is floated in and Tullock gets to it ahead of the keeper...but once again it goes over for a goal kick. Harbour View are now in ascendancy.

65 minutes: Morgan advances to the Harbour View final third. He lays it on for Davidson. Davidson runs with the ball, draws to defenders towards him before laying a through pass for Forrester, but Forrester fires it wide. He really should have scored them. Seemed that he got too excited. 

68 minutes: It's a foul right outside the penalty box. A few centimetres and we would be looking at a penalty. It's Rasheed Campbell to take it...it beats the keeper but it is narrowly over.

69 minutes: A cross from Goodridge and the Harbour keeper struggles to tip it over for a corner. That would have been a great fluke goal by the left back. 

79 minutes: Goodridge takes the throw. He throws it short for Forrester. Forrester sends it back to Nesbeth who plays a nice forward pass to Morgan who seems to have switched positions with Davidson, Morgan runs forward before playing a defense splitting pass to an onrushing Davidson who rifles it in for the first goal of the game.

Harbour View 0 - 1 Bath

As I mentioned earlier, Carlos Ibrahim switched Davidson and Morgan, so Davidson is now playing a deeper role in midfield while Morgan is playing in the middle of the forwards or attacking midfielders, whatever you want to call them.

81 minutes: Davidson with the corner, Blake gets up for it, but he heads it just over. Could have been the game.

83 minutes: Final change of the game for Carlos Ibrahim. Nesbeth comes off for Reckford. 

84 minutes: A corner is taken by Harbour View. WIlson gets to it and fires a header....but O'Keefe tips it over the bar. O'Keefe has done a great job today. Still hard to believe he is only 19 but is playing his 84th club game.

86 minutes: Morgan is unjured and having used all their subs, Bath will see out the game with 10 men. It's 90 minutes or bust for Bath right now.

90'4 minutes: Swaby (who has not gotten in trouble today) takes the throw and the referee blows his whistle, and Bath FC are JFF Cup champions and will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_10-33-07.png   Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_10-33-43.png

2022/2023 Mid-Season Update

It's January 1st, we just played our 17th out of 33 league games, so I think I can post a proper mid-season update. I have gone back to instant result. I only played 2 games, the first game against Harbour View and the cup final, but everything else has been IR. Remember when I said it's an annoying thing? Well it still annoys me mostly the substitutions, but it's effective. The squad is good, the tactics don't need micromanaging any more, so let's go.

23half.png 23table.png 

Harbour View are scoring like crazy but we still top the group. The main thing is finishing in the top 4 in order to make it to the playoffs, so I'm focusing on making the gap between 5th place and us as large possible. The crazy thing is that due to for lack of a better off the bug, the Jamaican cup is now more important than the league, since winning the cup guarantees Champions league while winning the league only assures participation in the Caribbean club championship which is essentially a Champions league qualifying tournament. It's like the old intertoto cup, for those of us old enough to remember. 

In other news, Davidson has been a great player for us this season but his contract expires and he does not want a new deal because we are not in the NACL. Someone please tell him that Harbour View have been knocked out and we are the ones playing in it next season!!!! We also arranged some more signings for the future. I'm really excited about how this save is going. NACL, professional status, these youngsters. We are on our way to shock the world!!!

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

45 minutes: We start the second half and both sides have made changes. For Bath FC, Jamar Jackson comes out and rising star Oneil Morgan replaces him. Harbour View makes a couple changes as well.

49 minutes: John Campbell is on the receiving end of another nasty challenge. It's very unlikely he will finish the match. It's only a matter of when he gets taken off.

53 minutes: Carlos Ibrahim has decided to take off an injured John Ross Campbell, and he is replaced by Asafa Forrester.

55 minutes: Harbour View with a free kick. Morgan Jr delivers it from the left hand side, James get up to it and plants a header .... but O'Keefe is able to make a diving save.

61 minutes: Forrester is deep in his defensive third and makes a poor clearance Harbour View recover and build from the right. A cross is floated in and Tullock gets to it ahead of the keeper...but once again it goes over for a goal kick. Harbour View are now in ascendancy.

65 minutes: Morgan advances to the Harbour View final third. He lays it on for Davidson. Davidson runs with the ball, draws to defenders towards him before laying a through pass for Forrester, but Forrester fires it wide. He really should have scored them. Seemed that he got too excited. 

68 minutes: It's a foul right outside the penalty box. A few centimetres and we would be looking at a penalty. It's Rasheed Campbell to take it...it beats the keeper but it is narrowly over.

69 minutes: A cross from Goodridge and the Harbour keeper struggles to tip it over for a corner. That would have been a great fluke goal by the left back. 

79 minutes: Goodridge takes the throw. He throws it short for Forrester. Forrester sends it back to Nesbeth who plays a nice forward pass to Morgan who seems to have switched positions with Davidson, Morgan runs forward before playing a defense splitting pass to an onrushing Davidson who rifles it in for the first goal of the game.

Harbour View 0 - 1 Bath

As I mentioned earlier, Carlos Ibrahim switched Davidson and Morgan, so Davidson is now playing a deeper role in midfield while Morgan is playing in the middle of the forwards or attacking midfielders, whatever you want to call them.

81 minutes: Davidson with the corner, Blake gets up for it, but he heads it just over. Could have been the game.

83 minutes: Final change of the game for Carlos Ibrahim. Nesbeth comes off for Reckford. 

84 minutes: A corner is taken by Harbour View. WIlson gets to it and fires a header....but O'Keefe tips it over the bar. O'Keefe has done a great job today. Still hard to believe he is only 19 but is playing his 84th club game.

86 minutes: Morgan is unjured and having used all their subs, Bath will see out the game with 10 men. It's 90 minutes or bust for Bath right now.

90'4 minutes: Swaby (who has not gotten in trouble today) takes the throw and the referee blows his whistle, and Bath FC are JFF Cup champions and will be playing in the Champions League next season.

Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_10-33-07.png   Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_10-33-43.png

Well done :applause:

Great result for football.

Campbell.png  Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_18-28-46.png 

He broke the club record for most league goals in the next game. My coach still thinks he can improve significantly. This guy is a legend. One of our first signings after we gained promotion. He scored the only goal in playoff final as well. 

How fitting that it was "Psycho" Swaby. I can't remember what his personality used to be, but it's now jovial which is ironic. It's not the worst to be honest, at least it's it means he has a high pressure rating. 

Screenshot_from_2018-10-10_18-46-55.png

Edit: His personality was spirited, which is one of the good ones. So I'm guessing his professionalism dropped. But it's ok. He'll be ok, cool, cool. Just fine, totes. 

2022/2023 End of Season Review

Regular Season

We finished well. If we had won our last game we could have set the points record but we drew. So freaking Harbour view still have that record.

league.png  leaguetable.png 

Caribbean Club Championship

With the names of the teams we faced in the group stage, you would be forgiven for thinking we were in Spain. So many games in a short time span for an unimportant tournament (since we already have an NACL place). All it did was derail our season. Our top 2 goalscorers got injured, our DM got injured, another first team CM got injured, a back up shadow striker got injured and our starting left back got injured. Our season ended right here (yes, it’s a spoiler). Oh, our top goalscorer got injured in the third place match which happened 2 days after the semifinal. Why we have a third place match, I don’t understand. And Harbour View won it two times in a row, so we ended the streak for Jamaica teams. Freaking Harbour View.

CaribCup.png 

Jamaican Playoffs

I already gave a preview, yeah. We lost to a team we should have no trouble beating. Having beat them 6-0 a few weeks ago in the regular season, but such is life. We fielded a decimated squad and then our best player got injured during the game. I take blame for it, the way I handled the Caribbean Champioship is a learning experience.

fuckplayoff.png 

Thoughts

The season did not end how we wanted but it was still a decent season in terms of proving that we belong with the best sides in the country. We faded out after the Caribbean Club, I think I may have to treat it like a meaningless cup if we get there again, but that depends on how we do in the Jamaican Cup.

Our squad is quite good. We need to upgrade our depth in a few areas, but I think we should be ready for next season. I do want to punish Humble Lions FC every time we meet them. I may have to play those games myself. Hopefully turning pro presents an opportunity to improve our squad especially at CB.

2022/2023 Season Review - Part 2

Despite the rough end to the season, there was a lot to be joyful about.

Awards

Unlike last year we got our recognition. First Psycho Fun Swaby was runner up for defender of the year. Last year’s winner Phillips was third place.

Rasheed Campbell got Jamaican League Player of year and Midfielder of the year after setting the record for average rating with 8.04.

John-Ross Campbell who was one of the injured players to miss the playoffs was runner up for midfielder of the year but he made up for that by winning Jamaican player of the year. This award is not a league award, its a country award for all Jamaican footballers.

Oneil Morgan was third place for midfielder of the year but won the Jamaican league young player of the year.

Morgan, the two Campbells, Phillips and Davidson made team of the year.

I won manager of the year.

Professional Status

As promised we did turn pro and immediately, agents representing players from Europe and South America came pestering me. I actually singed one of them after trials. We offered contracts to most of our players so they could turn pro, the downside is that players like Morgan who I linked above had a non-negotiable release clause of 5,000 pounds. He's definitely gone soon.

Scouting

Once we turned pro, our scouting range increased to North America, and I immediately found 2 American players on a free. They were playing on amateur contracts so we could sign them for nothing. If only we were allowed more than 4 foreign slots (Trinidad allows more than 4), I could have signed more than 10 players by now.

I was able to get my board to increase the scouting range to worldwide, so we are now scouting Africa and South America. But we only have one foreign slot left, so…

Stadium

We got a new stadium, very generic name. Since I haven't posted a screenshot yet, there you go.

stadiumnew.png 

International

Jamaica won the gold cup and two of our players helped them get there. Morgan and Rasheed Campbell (who I linked above) both started the final. They are the first players to get caps for the Senior team and it is well deserved. 

GoldCup.png 

2023/2024 Season Preview

This is going to be a big season for us. We enter the NACL where we hope to not be outclassed. We aim to finish top 4 in the league and win the playoffs after last season's collapse. We want to win the Jamaican cup as well.

Transfers

24Transfers.thumb.png.94f8c2bb0ae33146c5eab5ee874944fe.png

Luciano.thumb.png.80db0328599672886dc529c339a1a389.pngContreas.thumb.png.3e97909cdfd3b39f6167ea4c0189629f.pngFernandoRoriguez.thumb.png.609720e6499ee70d605e2934090145d1.pngBlair.thumb.png.9d5bf8b21a9624b8d3c7d1c49ac02014.png

Luciano was one of the players that an agent offered me. I had him on trial just to see his attributes and I signed him immediately I saw them. I think he's an upgrade but I still regret signing him because I didn't think we could do better, but my signing of Rodriguez suggests that we could actually do better and maybe I got desperate. Still he's solid for the league, the pace isn't ideal but we'll still play our high line. If we get beat by passes over the top, I wouldn't know, I'm instant resulting, so jokes on you.

Contreas was a player I found when I sent my scout to the US. He was playing on an amateur team so we could get him for free. He will start as a rotational player but he will eventually get into the first team either ahead of Nicholas who scored 20 goals and had 16 assists or for Morgan when he leaves for a bag of chips.

Rodriguez is our best cb and probably the best in the Caribbean. He was another American playing in the amateurs. Unlike the other two, he doesn't have a minimum release clause, but I know eventually, he'll outgrow us and leave. That's what these  ball players always do. 

Blair is a winger but we do't use those, so he'll be trained to a center midfielder, to play the central winger role that was popular before the new roles were invented. He should be another solid Jamaican player down the road.

CONCACAF Champions League

We started our preseason much earlier due to the champions league. Only the group winner qualifies for the quarter finals. This is our draw

NACLGroup.png 

Puebla are the favorites as they should. Unfortunately, attribute masking prevents me from seeing any of the players, but I assume they are better. Still, it should still be a fun challenge. 

Gracias por leer!!

We turned pro and I offered most of my players full time contracts, so why do I keep getting this message about how my player should be allowed to train full time? Here's an example.

1851108698_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1306-07-31.thumb.png.d07a4758fd2af3551c13992b7fd55bdd.png Here is his contract 1015714293_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1306-07-06.png.c4c3de08838e13adf8063af2d24ce3ba.png

I researched this issue and I only saw one thread about it. In the thread, the poster did not offer his players full time contracts but I have already done that. I hope it's just a cosmetic error and that my players are actually training full time. I mean our training screen has changed and we now how more days to train, so I have to assume it's only cosmetic.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

We turned pro and I offered most of my players full time contracts, so why do I keep getting this message about how my player should be allowed to train full time? Here's an example.

1851108698_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1306-07-31.thumb.png.d07a4758fd2af3551c13992b7fd55bdd.png Here is his contract 1015714293_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1306-07-06.png.c4c3de08838e13adf8063af2d24ce3ba.png

I researched this issue and I only saw one thread about it. In the thread, the poster did not offer his players full time contracts but I have already done that. I hope it's just a cosmetic error and that my players are actually training full time. I mean our training screen has changed and we now how more days to train, so I have to assume it's only cosmetic.

That is really weird, are all your coaches full-timers too?

2023/2024 Mid-Season Update

It’s half way through the season and so it’s time for a mid-season update. Let’s start with a a free transfer I made at the beginning of October.  Pereira.png 

Pereira is an ideal hold up striker who plays with his back to goal and ends up at the end of crosses. The issue is I don’t play with strikers. So I’m retraining him to be an attacking midfielder. There might be situations where we switch to a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow or 4-2-3-1 arrow to accommodate him and go direct, but that’s not the main tactic, so that’s why retraining him is a no brainer even though it’s not ideal especially with his lack of pace. Also, this means that I have used up all my 4  foreign slots on 2 Americans and 2 Brazilians. I have found even better foreigners, so it should be fun trying to juggle these slots.

The first competition we began was the Champions League so we can start there.

NACL

I thought Puebla would be the top team since they were runners up in the liga Mex but it turned out that El Salvadoran side Isidro were a bigger test. We outplayed them but in bothmatches, we had to rely on a last minute long range stunners from players who had no business taking long shots, but we’ll take it. We face another Mexican side Xolos in the quarter final.

nacl-Group-G.png 

JFF Champions Cup

This one was our ticket to next year’s NACL and we were lucky with the draws. We faced second tier sides until the final, where we battered Waterhouse but the 3-2 scoreline flattered them. We have booked our place to next year’s NACL and we have 5 straight victories over Waterhouse (including a 5-0 demolition this season). A team we used to fear.

JFFCup34.png 

National Premier League

So far we won every game except the away draw to freaking Harbour View and we could have won that game as well. This means that we have won all but one game in all competitions this season. But overall I am happy with the season.  Can you imagine we are conceding less than the games. Wow!! never thought it could happen in this save. These foreigners man, they just come to our country and make defending better.

3-4leaguetablemid.png  3-4Mid.png 

Thoughts

Happy with the season so far. But it may go downhill from here as we will provably lose  a few games eventually, starting in the NACL and then to our nemesis in the league. The only blemish is that we lose John Ross Campbell for 5 months. Ability wise he should not be a starter, but performance wise he’s one of the first names on the ****. Big loss. Knowing my struggles in "win or go home" games, I am hesitant to crown us as the champions just yet, but even if we don't win the playoffs, we already got what matters, an NACL appearance for next season. We don't get any money in the NACL which is ridiculous as in real life they get 1.2 million dollars which is actually significantly less than Africa, Asia and South America. Do sodding better CONCACAF, do sodding better. (It seems the prize money was awarded in 2016, and this was 2015, so this explains it.) That being said, our new 15,000 capacity stadium is filling up in NACL games and we get over a 100k in gate receipts, which is not bad for our stature.

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

What editor file are you using? Looks like a very fun country that's got suprisingly high attendances and a competent enough league. Good luck in the NACL!

Thanks!!!

As for the file, it was Classen's edited database. He's does this for every FM editions. This one is for FM 15. The attendance is surprising because usually for countries like these it tends to be extremely low. I think in the editor, football importance for Jamaica is high and the tickets are cheap, so maybe that equals high attendance, not sure.

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Thanks!!!

As for the file, it was Classen's edited database. He's does this for every FM editions. This one is for FM 15. The attendance is surprising because usually for countries like these it tends to be extremely low. I think in the editor, football importance for Jamaica is high and the tickets are cheap, so maybe that equals high attendance, not sure.

Thought the earliest database Classeen made was in FM16. Oh well, you learn something new every day.

This is disappointing. Their goal came from a clearance from my defender that bounced off another defender and went back to the defender, who cleared the ball again only to bounce of the same defender for an own goal.

That being said, it's my fault. I was tired of conceding too many goals from rebound free kicks where my defenders just stand there as the opposing players pounces on it, so I had two players on the far post and two on the near post for defending free kicks. Hence the crowded area. 2098221307_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1804-35-48.thumb.png.8fe3a75695a575e0ab149e3f7f5cf27b.png

This one hurt. Both games we had the better chances but we couldn't score. I hate when players are having the form of their lives then when you need them the most, they disappoint. The second leg may seem even but we had the better chances. 

314506587_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1806-14-45.thumb.png.1d66138ecf85e21ed4550395b5ee6bfa.png

2023 Season Review

NACL

As shown above, we lost a close one to Xolos Tijuana. I felt we were the better side but we couldn't finish. We were lucky with the draws as we avoided some big teams like NYCFC, and the more prestigious Mexican sides, but still, this run makes me feel like we are closer to the top North American sides than I thought.

nacl34.thumb.png.d39627f72801a10d43df63ce72c644b8.png

National Premier League

We ended the season and achieved our quest for an unbeaten season. We drew three times, two to some mediocre teams and one to Harbour View. We rotated a lot and did not care who we were facing, and it worked. But of course Harbour View had to steal our thunder by having a superior goal difference and scoring more goals than us. 

I was confident heading into the playoffs so I instant resulted everything and as expected we got the job done. Harbour View saw what we did to Waterhouse and decided to lose to Portmore in the semi finals. Those cowards. 

34tableed.thumb.png.7a2af6e92679572a4c0f22b781b53f86.png34tABLE.thumb.png.9a569b942c72d23adc60bba9bf044b73.png

Final Thoughts

The domestic campaign was quite easy and it suggests that despite the flawed media predictions we are significantly better than our rivals even with an average age of 21. This means that we can cruise through the league and be assured of a first place finish. That doesn't mean we can't still be upset in the playoffs because we can, but I feel like I can tick "dominate Jamaica" off my list and now focus on  dominating CONCACAF and then (albeit very unlikely) the world. So this save still has a long way to go, although my posting activity will probably reduce to a fewer number of posts per season. I'll do a top 5 players kind of post soon.

Player Profiles

This was supposed to be a top 5 players list but I decided to just randomly select 5 players who can tell a story on the progress we have made.

Oneil Nicholas

Rated 1 star by our coach and is very limited but he was our top goal scorer because he feasts against smaller opposition. He's not a definite starter in the big games, in fact he normally starts from the bench, but he is reliable and very steady.

OneilOneil.thumb.png.d453734da6b5415acdbced858eedd0bd.png

Fernando Rodriguez

One of my first signings after we turned pro. He was a big reason why we have the best defense in the league and had the fewest goals allowed in league history. You guys know how much I have been frustrated about my defense, but now it's a strength, thanks to players like Rodriguez...

RodriguezDef.thumb.png.a30c7a98b21af4b5c96125d53d1be2a1.png

Oneil Morgan

Oneil is the player with highest reputation I believe. He has a release clause of 5K and when I offer him a new contract, his agent leaves it as non negotiable. He doesn't always play to his best, but is certainly uber talented. He is fast, good technically, and good in the air. Only issue is the finishing. He is most likely going to be gone soon and we wont get any sell on clause or anything, just a 5000 pound check.

OneilMorgan1.thumb.png.5a64dcc5432029489b13cc70d67bc05a.png

Pereira

His average rating of 7.25 is misleading because he has been learning a new position (AM) and on instant result, he gets subbed off at half time. He does well as a withdrawn targetman, so he should have a good next season. My coaches say that he could have a real problem with injuries. That was not something on his report when we signed him. Oh well...

Hector.thumb.png.916ea5e7ee6e7c6dc881cd390847b03a.png

Stephen Contreras

Another new signing. He won the young player of the season award. Was excellent in all competitions. Plays mostly as a shadow striker even with the lack of pace. Unlike Morgan, we were able to offer him a new contract and remove the 5000 pound release clause.

StepenCoe.thumb.png.2d405f21cdfba0b529e09e62261bc45e.png

1191624133_Screenshotfrom2018-10-1809-19-26.thumb.png.00efb88200026a556c2304f16470b1c1.png

Despite the media saying that we qualified for the NACL, we did not. It seems the domestic cup winners qualifying was a one off. And it's back to just the Caribbean Cup winners qualifying or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while since I did anything FM related due to a new job and everything. However, upon returning to FM it seems that I accidentally saved an experimental save over my Jamaican save. Usually, I have other auto rolling saves but I periodically delete them, so it was the perfect storm. It was fun while it lasted, thanks everyone who read and commented.  

PS: Just realized this thread title is a rip off of an FM 12 thread. Well then.

Archived