[FM15] Jamaican Me Crazy: Time to Shock the World!!!!!

kidthekid

2021/2022 Preview

Writing the season year is depressing because this is so not where I thought we'll be in 2021.  But there is a need to be optimistic. You see FM has a way of rewarding long term saves. Eventually, good things will happen, even if it means 50 seasons like Makoto's save, it's bound to happen sometime. For now we remain one of the 5 clubs yet to turn pro. I feel like we can make a run for top 4 again, but I think we are still a few players or a top manager like John Drake away from winning the league. Those players wouldn't play for a semi pro club though.

Media Prediction: 8th

Manager expectation: Top 4

Transfers: We signed some young prospects and loaned some other young prospects. The non youth player we signed was Jamar Jackson. He was signed to play the CM attack role. We also let a bunch of deadwood go.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of professional. Since a few clubs have turned pro, there has been a steady influx of Europeans into the beautiful land of Jamaica. Here are some of them

2ngz9l2.jpg  rc6adz.jpg  

wak9l1.jpg  2pzjxtu.jpg 

2dtne2t.jpg 

So certainly not the crème de la crème, but all of them would be upgrades in my team.

It's just a league game but going to Waterhouse and winning in the manner in which we did it makes me happy. Waterhouse and Harbour view are the two best teams. We played strikerless for the first time (it's one of our 3 tactics, so they were familiar with it, but we just never actually played it). We dominated and found ourselves 2-0 down. I was thinking "Not surprised,  that's how it happens." I made some subs and one of those subs changed things. Scored 2 and had an assist.

5bd6kp.jpg 2dlnof6.jpg 

Those clear cut chances MAYNE!!!

Haven't got this message in this save until now, usually it's the opposite, so it deserves a post.

w0gdb5.jpg 30rskd5.jpg

SInce last season I had been signing youth prospects across Jamaica. It was hard to buy first team players as the good ones wouldn't come except they were backups or got relegated, and the board refuses to extend scouting outside Jamaica, so we had no choice. We have some good prospects, and I think eventually we would become the strongest squad in the Caribbean. It's coming together.

2021/2022 Mid-Season Update

So we are in my 8th season in Jamaica, and my 4th season in the top flight. After two 9th place finishes and a 4th place finish last year, are we going to keep on progressing?

o54ztl.jpg 

If you look at our results, you would notice that the only times we dropped points were at home. The two draws and 2 defeats had cases of missed chances, woodworks, and missed penalties. The other loss was in the Jamaican cup semi finals where we dominated but lost on penalties. Still I can't complain, the truth is that our tactics (4-1-2-2-1 narrow with two shadow strikers and a defensive forward, and a 4-3-3 strikerless with 2 shadows strikers and an AM in the middle) create a lot of chances and with the low attributes for decisions, finishing, composure etc, of our forward players, we are bound to miss a lot of them. The idea is to create a ton of chances and score a few of those. So far so good...

2niwhv9.jpg 

With 17 more matches to go, a top 4 should be achievable. It's not important that we finish first, because we still have to do a playoffs and you don't get any perks for finishing first, except playing 4th place in the playoff semifinals.

In other news, we upgraded our youth facilities, but since we are yet to turn pro, while 7 teams in our league have, I am not asking for facilities upgrade anymore until we turn pro.

1zp1ukk.jpg

I hope to do a squad review after the season. I realize I haven't done any so far in this save. But here's how they are doing so far 

6ojv3a.jpg 

Only surprising thing about this result was that we did not lose. Usually we lose when we hit the woodwork and miss chances like this.

33ndirr.jpg

I'm finally enjoying watching my team play. Which is only a good thing for the save going forward.

37 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Mayne, that's brutal.  Surprisingly only 2 CCCS and 6 half chances.  Maybe reduce long shots on everyone who isn't a striker?

I think the long shots kept on increasing as I increased mentality in the game. I play on standard so I increased it to control when we were chasing the game, then attacking then overload. The last two saw the long shots increase due to desperation. I think our system inflates the stats of our forwards because of the amount of chances we create, they are bound to score a few despite low attributes for composure, decision, anticipation, finishing etc.  So these kind of games will happen from time to time.

Time for our favorite show, foreign player watch... 

We have three profiles. One is a well known player past his prime,  another is a 100+ capped former international,and one is an English youngster who probably got tired of the weather and moved to the Islands.

29lms14.jpg 345h4ev.jpg 

This one below deserves special mention because unlike the others, this a youngster not an aging veteran. He even played over 15 games in the championship and two games in the EPL before deciding to move to Jamaica (Of course it had to be freaking Harbour View). And no, he does not have a dual nationality to Jamaica either, so he moved there without any prior relationship. He plays Cb for them and he isn't actually bad for a defensive centre back...except the positioning but he's 21. Maybe my standards are lower due to me playing this save, but this guy could start in one of the smaller top flight leagues in Europe, or at least eventually become one.

Edit: He's been at the club for 1 and half seasons, his contract expires in June and it looks like New York cosmos are interested in him.

5s8yh.jpg  j9aoop.jpg 

Cant wait to turn pro. So I can get my own Lee Lennon. 

2021/2022 Regular season update

So last time I provided an update, we were half way through and in first place. Well, we finished first, although we are not in the best of form. My shadow strikers are struggling and my third choice cb is making a mistake almost every game he plays. Add to that that one of my starting CBs is having a bad form as well (right after renewing his contract). Any way, here is how we ended the season.

2hnbzub.jpg 

For the final three games, I went back to instant result just to speed things up, and not only did we lose our unbeaten away record, it did the things I hate IR for...Making unnecessary substitutions leading to situations where you need to make subs for tired legs but there are none left and so you concede late goals.  I don't trust us in the playoffs, we are still chokers. All the games we lost, we either dominated or were even. 

If this was a proper league, I'll be happy but I just know, we are going to find a way to choke in the playoffs.

Jamaican League Playoffs, Semi Final

We were drawn against 4th place Humble lions. We have a pretty good record against them but they defeated us where it mattered most...in the Jamaican Cup semifinal albeit on penalties. They generally give us a lot of trouble, so it should be tough. 

28s4znp.jpg 

"Stay on feet" ticked, player gets a yellow, instruct him to "ease of tackles". A few minutes later, his teammate intercepts the ball but he decides to tackle the striker who is without the ball. 

9gwxoo.jpg 

I told you we were going to find a way to choke.

This warrants a fine surely because i have warned him in the past.

Jamaican NPL Championship Playoff Semifinal - Second Leg

r74zlg.jpg 

This game is a perfect snapshot of our season. We dominate, camp around the other team's box and then our defenders almost cost us the game. Yes we won 4-2, but the 2 goals were needless penalties and I do mean needless.

Meanwhile, in the other game, 2nd place Waterhouse played 3rd place Harbour view. Harbour won the first leg 4-1, and in the second leg, this happened.

f3vpsh.jpg 

That's right, they won 7-2 and if you see what they did, you probably will be rooting for Bath FC. They played  thre..gosh I'm struggling to say those vile words, they played three strikers. So desperate that they had to cheat. Football died a little bit for sure.

Spoiler

3 striker cheating is an inside joke on FMCU, just having fun here. It's a perfectly fine way to play and it does not guarantee victory. I can testify to that.

Signed

Management.

Truth be told while Waterhouse are a terrific team, I feared Harbour View the most as Harbour view were the only team we didn't beat this season. Also they beat us twice at our home. As for Waterhouse, although they have traditionally dominated us, including defeating us in the Cup final two years ago, we defeated them the past 3 times we met. Still first vs second for the title is a good thing for the league..and I still see us as underdogs. Waterhouse scored 7 and we just gave away two penalties.

2f087x2.jpg 

Also, I forgot to post this. For the first time the North American Champions League is won by a team not from Mexico

rcvker.jpg 

That's right, Canada did it. Jamaican teams did well, the two teams representing "Us", reached the quarter finals. I thought only one team from Jamaica makes it to the NACL, so this is confusing but encouraging.

Basically the Caribbean Club Championship winner qualifies for the NACL, and two teams from Jamaica (Cup winners and league winners) qualify for the Caribbean club tournament. So where does the second one come from?

Jamaican NPL Playoffs Final

The media actually has us as favorites, although the commentator/preview guy predicts Waterhouse to win. In reality it's anyone's game. We are without our first two right backs, so Blake who is our starting CB but naturally a right back moves there, while Green who has a torrid recent months fills in at CB next to the reliable and top candidate for Jamaican defender of the year Damion Phillips. The line ups are shown below

2cp6udf.jpg 

3rd Minute: Waterhouse find an opening just inside the box but Lynch fires straight at O'Keefe who makes a great save. Lynch is first to the rebound but once again O'Keefe denies him. The 18 year old Bath FC product is showing no signs of nerves in what is the biggest game of his young career. 

The resulting corer finds Ogunbiyi but his header sails over for a goal kick.

Great start for Waterhouse

16: Waterhouse find their way down the right hand size, a cross into the box sails over the keeper and finds its way to Lynch but his header hits the upright and goes for a goalkick.

Bath City are lucky to still be in this game. Where is all the free flowing football we are accustomed to seeing?

23: Some beautiful passing exchange by Bath around the edge of the Waterhouse area and Goodridge the left back finds himself free. Davidson finds him and without hesitaiton, Goodridge tries a first time cross into the area. The cross find it's way to an unmarked John Campbell but the Bath FC top scorer fires straight at the keeper. Bath FC fans may be having flashbacks to when Campbell missed a series of chances in the cup final against Waterhouse two years ago

24: John Campbell makes a run from the Bath half. He dashes past two Waterhouse players ad arrives just inside the box. He sees and oncoming defender and so he rushes his shot but he skies it over for a goal kick. What a great run but a terrible finish. Could this be one of those days for John Campbell.

36: Bath recover the ball from a Waterhouse throw. Davidson just in front of his box finds a running John Campbell on the right had side. Campbell goes on a little run, draws two Waterhouse players to him before finding Nicholas who has been very quiet today.  Nicholas finds the other Campbell..Richard Campbell. Richard lays it to Davidson as they have now advanced to the Waterhouse defensive third. Davidson lays it to Jackson who is just outside the box. Jackson exchange passes with Richard Cambell before laying it for John Cambell who is now in the penalty area. Depsite two defenders closing up on him, John Campbell finds a way to get a shot in with his much weaker left foot.....it slides pass the keeper.

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who else but John Campbell. That is his 22nd goal of the season.

Bath City 1: Waterhouse 0

After the early scare from Waterhouse, Bath FC have come into the game and they have looked like the side more likely to break the deadlock. I counted about 10 passes leading to the goal. Classic Bath goal.

60 minutes gone and both sides have had a chance to score but each time they fired straight at the keeper. Bath make a change. Davidson who has a yellow card and has been guilty of missing a sitter is taken off and will be replaced by Forrester, a player who has had a rough second half of the season but with bags of pace is always a threat to score.

70: John Campbell tries to thread a pass to Forrester but it's intercepted and Waterhouse launch a direct counter attack. The ball finds it's way to Forbes who drives towards the Bath goal. From the left edge of the box, he drives a powerful shot...it beats the keeper...hits the upright. 

The Waterhouse manager can't believe this. Meanwhile Carlos Ibrahim makes signals to the players which I assume is telling them to focus.

Ibrahim makes another change. Ryan Green who has surpsingly been impeccable as centre back has picked up a knock and has to be replaced by defensive midfielder Nesbett. He has experience playing centre back so this should not be unfamiliar territory for him.

83: Final change for Ibrahim. Jackson who had the assist is coming off for Morgan a former Waterhouse player. The 17 year old has had a good season since coming from Waterhouse in January, 4 goals and 5 assists in 15 appearances, 9 of those were starts.

88: John Campbell strikes a free kick from about 25 yard out but McCallum makes a diving save to deny him. Campbell is really showing that the cup final against Waterhouse was a one off. To his defense, he was 18 years old at the time of the final.

90: 3 minutes has been indicated. 

The Bath FC players have become defensive. They are sitting much deeper and passing the ball around with no intention to advance the play. Even a coach like Ibrahim has to bend his principles from time to time. They have to be careful though. These moves can backfire.

The referee has blown his whistle and Bath FC are champions of Jamaica. We questioned their mentality, we know they played the best football in the league and scored the most goals, but we questioned their fight, their ability to keep focus, the ability to grind out results in the face of adversity. While it was not pretty and they have the upright to thank, I think we can say that for the 2021/2022 season, Bath FC, a semi-pro side, were the best team in Jamaica. 

Congrats to Carlos Ibrahim. I'm sure he is going to get even more endorsements, what a lucky son of a gun. I wonder what he does with all that money. He seems like a boring chap, he does not even own a car. If I were him, I'll be living large, life is too short you know . Oops sorry, I lost track for a minute, erm, congrats to this team of castoffs and misfits including two former Waterhouse players. Do not give up on your dreams. That is what this result shows.

And speaking of not giving up on your dreams. Also, Kayley if you are watching, I still love you....wait what do you mean, I can't say that on TV. I'm caught up in the moment, live and let live. Ok my  producer is coming in and is asking me to hand over the head sets, but you know what, watching Bath City achieve this has given me hope, so Kayley, I love you. I always have and always will. 

Good bye

erk3rs.jpg  2zzrlf6.jpg 

I thought we played well but as you can see from the stats, they hit the woodwork twice. Still I think we deserve it based on our body of work in the season, especially all those games that went against us even though we dominated.

7 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Uh oh. A formation change

shizer.thumb.png.d85d3d38de1b1d051317c549a79bbaf9.png

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

erk3rs.jpg  2zzrlf6.jpg 

I thought we played well but as you can see from the stats, they hit the woodwork twice. Still I think we deserve it based on our body of work in the season, especially all those games that went against us even though we dominated.

And that's why you never play t**** s****** formations. 

1x10_Pier_Pressure_(56).thumb.png.30385a01a18b7d0666fc1004861bc25c.png

So I promised a squad overview, so here we go. But first

2022/2023 Season Review

Jamaican Premier League

Media Expectation: 7th

Board Exception: Above midtable

Manager Expectation: Top 4 (Qualify for Playoffs)

Jamaican Champions Cup

Board Expectation: Quarter final

Manager expectation: Final

Caribbean Club Championship:

Board Expectation: Group stage

Manager Expectation: Winners

My reason for expecting us to win the Caribbean club championship is because it is our ticket to the North American Champions League. Jamaican an Trinidadian teams tend to dominate, so if we can win the Jamaican league, we should be able to win it.

Comparison against other teams in the league

Based on the team report section that compares our squad against other teams in the league, we are the youngest squad with an average age around 22. In terms of attributes, we excel in technical attributes such as passing, first touch etc. but struggle in mental attributes such as leadership (HA!!!) decision and teamwork, although we are good at team work. Our goalkeeper is the worst at throwing but best at one on ones. We are also one of the worst at kicking. Defensively, we are top 3 in most categories but in heading we are 10th out of 12 but near the top in jumping. The difference between the best and 10th in heading is only 2 points, so I don’t really pay attention to team comparisons the way people swear by it. In terms of midfield we are fine in most categories but struggle with teamwork where we average 9. But it is not a big deal, the highest team has an average of 11. In attack we are simply just great, just the best Jerry, the best.

Other

Two more teams have turned pro, making it 9 out of 12. Some of them have bigger debts than us. Obviously we won the league so performance wise it isn't a big deal. But I think until we turn pro we can't attract better players. CB is a point of emphasis. Also, player development may be stalling.

Squad Overview

So before we start, let me say what I have probably said about1000 times, but in this league, an attribute of 10 is like a 15 in a top league. So a player with an attribute of 10 is pretty good relative to the league. 

Tactics

Shark_Attack.png 

This is how we line up almost all the time. The TIs include stay on feet, close down more, push higher, work ball into box, prevent goalkeeper distribution, play shorter passes and play out of defense. Personally, the play out of defense doesn't seem to do much but it is probably due to the (lack of) quality of our CBs.

Projected Started 11

Sweeper Keeper (Defend): Deon O’Keefe.

O_Keefe.png 

36 games, 40 goals conceded, 12 clean sheets, passing completion of 78% and average rating of 7.03

Nothing spectacular about him but he came from our intake. In his 2 years as a starter we have had our best seasons. Coincidence perhaps, but that’s not what his agent thought. He plays as a sweeper keeper despite having no suitable attribute for this, but I do what the [whoa!!] I want.

RB: Wingback Support: Darren Swaby

Swaby.png 

19(3) games, 3 assists, 2 red cards, 3.24 tackes per game, Average rating 7.08

Swaby or "psycho Swaby" as I call him, was signed last season as a player for the future but he played a meaningful amount of games due to rotation and an injury to our starting right back (who has since left as we didn't renew his contract). He showed promise but his aggression is a problem as he got two red cards last season including one in the playoffs which caused him to miss the final and the semifinal second leg. We have 'stay on feet' ticked and when he gets a yellow, I tell him to “ease off tackle". Notwithstanding, he just dives in like he's Sergio Ramos. We signed a young right back that may be better, so he needs to have a good season to retain his place.

LB: Wingback Support : Christopher Goodridge

Christopher_Good.png 

24(1) games, 0 assists, 4.49 tackles per game, pass completion % - 81, Average rating 7.04

Despite having 0 assists and a pretty average rating, Goodridge didn’t have any bad games and was consistently solid albeit unspectacular. At 18, he is already one of the best players at the club, and I see him as a future Jamaican international.

RCB: Centre Back defend: Damion Phillips

Damion_Amion.png 

29 games, 8 goals. 4.7 tackles per game, Average rating: 7.40

Damion won the Jamaican league defender of the year. He is the first good centre back I’ve had in this save. He scored eight goals, so despite his low heading, his immense strength and Jumping meant that he was like Terry and Ramos when it came to set pieces. I'm beginning to love no nonsense centre backs now. 

LCB: Centre Back defend: Dustan Junior

Dustin_Willson.png 

New signing

I regret this signing. I asked my scout to find me a centre back and this guy got the highest recommendation. I looked at his attributes and I think I saw what I wanted to see as opposed to actually looking at his attributes. Not only is he a natural right back, but he’s not tall, not particularly strong and he has low teamwork. Teamwork is something I rate highly for Cbs. Still, he will start the season as a starter and we’ll go from there.

DM: Anchorman Oneil Reckford

Oneil_Reckford.png 

20(3) games, 8 assists, 6.27 tackles per game, 84% pass completion. AVR - 7.03

Reckford started the season as a backup but eventually took the job. Another new signing who helped us get better really fast. The 8 assists were mostly from corners (he takes corners from time to time) as you wouldn’t expect an anchorman to have those numbers. He plays as an anchor because he isn’t mobile, If he was, I may have used a defensive midfielder, but I like how the role plays. The 84% pass completion should be higher though. 

LCM: Deeplying Playmaker (Support): Rasheed Campbell

Rasheed_Campbell.png 

36(1) games, 14 goals, 8 assists, 7 POM, 89% pass completion AVR – 7.73.

Don’t let the low decision making fool you, this guy has been my best player so far. He had by far the highest average rating in the league and it’s ridiculous that he did not win player of the year or midfielder of the year. Of the 14 goals he scored, 4 came from penalties, the rest came from freekicks and long range stunners. Only concern is that his pressure rating is probably low. When he was appointed captain, the whole squad was happy but he felt it was too much pressure for a then 22 year old. He's still captain though.

RCM: Centre Midfielder (Attack): Jamar Jackson

Jamar_Jamar.png 

33(2) games, 10 goals, 12 assists, AVR – 7.36

Shockingly snubbed from the Jamaican premier league team of the season. He was a new signing and played the centre midfield on attack role excellently. He’s 30 years now and so he will be phased out by our winter signing Morgan.

Archived