Out of contract players

because i also wonder if the unused sub fee also only applies to those players selected on the match squad. since I can only sub 3 times, i could save some money by only carrying 3 or 4 subs

38 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

because i also wonder if the unused sub fee also only applies to those players selected on the match squad. since I can only sub 3 times, i could save some money by only carrying 3 or 4 subs

I cannot see why this would not work as the unused sub fee will only apply to those players selected in the match squad, but not getting on the pitch.  Never thought of that myself.:thup:

Top tip - to reduce the cost of Appearance Fees/Unused Substitute Fees, just set them both to £1. I do it for everyone and no player has ever rejected a contract based on this. Whenever I've tried to remove these bonuses completely, they always reject.

1 hour ago, benkeay said:

Top tip - to reduce the cost of Appearance Fees/Unused Substitute Fees, just set them both to £1. I do it for everyone and no player has ever rejected a contract based on this. Whenever I've tried to remove these bonuses completely, they always reject.

That’s interesting. In effect, I could have players out there playing for free

Yeah, give it a go. It's always worked in my experience. It seems like the game is tricked into thinking the fee is higher than £1. As in, the bonus needs to be there in the contract, but it doesn't actually matter what the amount it. Also, make sure you lock the bonus otherwise the agent or player will just keep asking for more.

5 hours ago, benkeay said:

Yeah, give it a go. It's always worked in my experience. It seems like the game is tricked into thinking the fee is higher than £1. As in, the bonus needs to be there in the contract, but it doesn't actually matter what the amount it. Also, make sure you lock the bonus otherwise the agent or player will just keep asking for more.

Might try that on my next negotiation

Archived