England have just won the World Cup. What would you do?

England have just won the World Cup. What would you do?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. England have just won the World Cup. What would you do?

• Drink. Drink. And drink some more.
    • Stare onto the TV in disbelief. Southgate has done it. Southgate, of all people.
    • Start crying. This finally happens in my lifetime. *sob*
    • Scream on my back yard.
    • Go to the street. Run the whole street, screaming with a giant England flag.
    • Drive around and honk non-stop.
    • Stand alone on my back yard, staring onto the sky. "So, there really is someone out there who creates miracles in your life."
    • Start a petition to knight Southgate.
    • Sing God Save the Queen after the staff and players receive the trophy.
    • Celebrate with lots and lots of fish-and-chips.
    • Make full English breakfast within two days.
    • Start a petition for Theresa May to declare a bank holiday for everyone to celebrate.
    • Debate with friends and strangers on the internets whether Big Sam could have done it.

What would I do when England would win the World Cup? Not much, I'm not English.  But probably avoid any discussion about football with English mates for the next five years as those can be already pretty tiring. 

8 hours ago, Razzler said:

RLC apparently in line to start as Alli has some kind of injury. Apparently had it at the end of the 1st half against Tunisia ... why didn't he come off earlier then?

You're asking the same question everyone watching asked.

Delph was apparently set to come on 5 mins after Alli first went down. 

Almost 50 mins later he gets subbed. Was ridiculous. He didnt look fit the full rest of the match. It was clear to everyone watching he should've been subbed off in the first half, or else not come back out at HT. 

8 hours ago, Cedrik said:

What would I do when England would win the World Cup? Not much, I'm not English.  But probably avoid any discussion about football with English mates for the next five fifty years as those can be already pretty tiring. 

We have long memories... :D 

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

We have long memories... :D 

Yes, you guys keep talking about 1966 while in Brazil there are people that don't even know how many World Cups we have won.

41 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Yes, you guys keep talking about 1966 while in Brazil there are people that don't even know how many World Cups we have won.

We really don't. Or not as much as before. Obviously gets mentioned during the World Cup. But I grew up knowing the 66 starting 11 off by heart despite being born 20 years later. Knowing the goals scorers. Who we beat etc. Most young people today wouldn't have a clue. Germany and 4-2 is all most will know. 

I managed to name the starting XI for England in the world cup final when a workmate quizzed me the other day. Strangely I don't remember ever having learned it anywhere :D I just kind of know from news items and stories down the years.

Archived